What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (17 Viewers)

I haven’t driven my second car in a while now. Does gas in a car go bad? How long does it last? Can I simply drive the car around to keep it fresh or do I have to use up the full tank before this expiration date? 

I remember there was some discussion of this in TWD thread, I can’t believe it’s actually relevant now. 
I didn’t drain the gas out if my rototiller last spring when I was done with it. It sat outside since then (under a roof) through a Pa winter. 

I choked it a few days ago n it started on the 2nd pull. Ran like a champ for about half an hour until it needed more gas. No sta bil.

A couple years ago I had an ice auger that had gas in it for maybe 6 months without running. Wouldn’t start for anything. Finally drained gas out of it, added fresh and it started right up

🤷🏻‍♂️

The governor here is horrid, maybe he doesn’t understand how at risk his population is. But no, we’re in our current house until at least the end of May.

The neighborhood I’m in is desolate and supply chain here is excellent. Have a massive pool and yard and every house within 1,000 feet of me is vacant. Honestly, I’d like to stay here forever.

Wife and I have actually discussed relocating to Florida when this is over.

ETA: asked my older son if he’d want to stay here forever... he said he missed NY and was sad we can’t go back, but wouldn’t mind living in Florida. For a 7 year old, I was very impressed with his response :blush:
I'm glad you're in a good location.

What do you mean about the supply chain being excellent there?

If we ever locate to another state, this C19 experience has taught me to pay attention to the state leadership, to verify that's it's competent.  I wouldn't want to move to several states now solely because of what I've seen from their state level response to this crisis.  I realize leadership periodically changes, but I'd guess that "style" of leadership, for lack of a better word, is probably ingrained in some states and is unlikely to change in the near future.  Then again, maybe this will be the event that changes things politically in a lot of places... I hope so.

I haven’t driven my second car in a while now. Does gas in a car go bad? How long does it last? Can I simply drive the car around to keep it fresh or do I have to use up the full tank before this expiration date? 

I remember there was some discussion of this in TWD thread, I can’t believe it’s actually relevant now. 
Your gas is fine

For those wondering what the actual costs of Instacart look like, our shopper accidentally (I assume?) left the receipt in our bag last week.

We got $288 worth of groceries according to the receipt. We paid Instacart $399. The service itself was pretty awesome, but won’t be using again at those prices.
I knew we were getting hosed on the prices and I'm not surprised it's as bad as you describe.  We have a rule in our house re Instacart:  It's OK to use it so long as the total bill is <$100.  This limits the amount of mark-up we pay while allowing us to save a trip. 

I'm glad you're in a good location.

What do you mean about the supply chain being excellent there?

If we ever locate to another state, this C19 experience has taught me to pay attention to the state leadership, to verify that's it's competent.  I wouldn't want to move to several states now solely because of what I've seen from their state level response to this crisis.  I realize leadership periodically changes, but I'd guess that "style" of leadership, for lack of a better word, is probably ingrained in some states and is unlikely to change in the near future.  Then again, maybe this will be the event that changes things politically in a lot of places... I hope so.
Since it’s a tourist area that’s always packed, there are tons of Walmarts/Publix/Target/etc... These locations are used to having a much larger population, so I’m seeing them fairly empty and fully stocked.

I have some aerial photos I took with my drone of a Walmart parking lot, I’ll post them later, not very crowded at all. 

People on our neighborhood Facebook group are losing their minds that not everyone is wearing a mask when walking outside. Not inside at stores, but outside, at parks or walking trails. This is a suburban area, very spread out, lots of parks and open space. It’s very easy to stay 6ft from everyone else. And there are people in hysterics that others are walking outside without masks. 

On the list but I can’t really consider it a “fun” thing. 

We’re well stocked on those kind of supplies GB

What would would we do with 7 vibrators that we can’t do with 6? 
Slip and slide for outside....act like 10 year olds.

Water guns?

Remote control cars.

New TV.

Video game system.

Cookbooks along with new cooking ware to make ingredients.

Sorry man that sucks. When I was thinking about getting ready back in January, this was one of the events that came to mind that could happen, so I went to the dollar store and bought 3 of them then. 

Where I didn't plan, is propane. I ordered all this meat and was squared away there---my tank quit last night in the middle of making dinner. Now I am screwed and going to have to make a 6:00 am Lowes run this week. 

You just can't think of everything I guess. 
We found a guy locally who does propane tank exchange drop offs.  Call your local gas places they may be doing the same.  

I just ordered some supplies from target and added a new opener. 

Last edited by a moderator:
British PM admitted to hospital.
PM admitted to hospital over virus symptoms

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.

He was taken to hospital on Sunday evening with "persistent symptoms" - including a high temperature.

It is said to be a "precautionary step" taken on the advice of his doctor.

The prime minister remains in charge of the government, but the foreign secretary is expected to chair a coronavirus meeting on Monday morning.

Mr Johnson is expected to stay overnight and is having what have been described as "routine tests", according to BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg.

In a statement, a Downing Street spokeswoman said: "On the advice of his doctor, the prime minister has tonight been admitted to hospital for tests.

"This is a precautionary step, as the prime minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus ten days after testing positive for the virus."

She added: "The prime minister thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work and urges the public to continue to follow the government's advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives."

Last edited by a moderator:
The governor here is horrid, maybe he doesn’t understand how at risk his population is. But no, we’re in our current house until at least the end of May.

The neighborhood I’m in is desolate and supply chain here is excellent. Have a massive pool and yard and every house within 1,000 feet of me is vacant. Honestly, I’d like to stay here forever.

Wife and I have actually discussed relocating to Florida when this is over.

ETA: asked my older son if he’d want to stay here forever... he said he missed NY and was sad we can’t go back, but wouldn’t mind living in Florida. For a 7 year old, I was very impressed with his response :blush:
Florida is awesome and you'll save a ton in taxes coming from New York but definitely spend a couple weeks in Florida during the summer before moving. Some people can't take the heat and humidity. 

Florida is awesome and you'll save a ton in taxes coming from New York but definitely spend a couple weeks in Florida during the summer before moving. Some people can't take the heat and humidity. 
I'd love to find a job that allows me to head north for summer. I'd leave in a heart beat if I can find it. 

:mellow:  I THINK this is real.

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1246900371706036228?s=21
BREAKING: A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for Covid-19. 6 other tigers and lions at the zoo are also showing symptoms. Believed to have been infected by an asymptomatic zoo worker. All doing well. To my knowledge, this is the first animal to test positive in the U.S.
If it is real, there should be jail time.  Still can't get a tests locally and they are testing tigers?  

Still not prepared to accept that going to the grocery — while taking precautions — is dangerous enough to be considered life-risking.
Good Luck.  Prayers to your family.
Where was advice like this two weeks ago? Masks, six-feet-apart, and sanitizing hands not good enough anymore?

If it matters ... stores around here aren’t packed. Maintaining six feet is pretty easy. 

What "routine tests" are there for someone who needs to be hospitalized on Day 10 of the Coronavirus?  It seems likely to me that Boris Johnson is very ill.
I can’t imagine there’s anything that’s ‘routine’ that couldn’t have been done where he was quarantined.

:mellow:  I THINK this is real.

https://twitter.com/natashaldaly/status/1246900371706036228?s=21
BREAKING: A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for Covid-19. 6 other tigers and lions at the zoo are also showing symptoms. Believed to have been infected by an asymptomatic zoo worker. All doing well. To my knowledge, this is the first animal to test positive in the U.S.
If it is real, there should be jail time.  Still can't get a tests locally and they are testing tigers?  
Jail time for who? The zookeeper who had no reason to believe they were infected and had little to no reason to think that the virus could be passed from humans to tigers?

I'll assume that knowing if other animals can in fact get it and spread it, and which ones, is of significant importance to protecting humans.
Let's just go with staying away from lions and tigers and skip the tests needed by the people paying for them.

Users who are viewing this thread