What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NINTENDO Switch (1 Viewer)

Big League Chew

Footballguy
Picked this up for my son during christmas. I have been having a blast playing this thing. Very impressive graphics imo.

Games we have so far

Gungeon / Super SMash / both zeldas / splatoon 2 /  mario / minecraft / fortnite

Who has one

Are you online

What games

Most of my gaming is done on the Switch these days.  The portability is just too good.  

My most played games are Zelda BOTW, Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, and Diablo 3.

Haven't really done the online thing as I can't do FPS or fast combat games without a mouse/keyboard.  

Love the switch. Playing luigi’s mansion now — early on feels a little monotonous but I keep hearing its amazing so gonna play it out. 

Have had a Switch for a while and still love it. Wish I had 2nd gen with better battery life, but still terrific imo.

The grandparents came together and got my kids (almost 9 and 7) one for Christmas.  So far the usage has been sporadic.  They're just more into their tablets and watching YouTube.  

We have Lego City, a Sega vs. Nintendo Olympics game, and just got Super Mario.  

:blackdot:  

My nephew (10) got one of these for Christmas.  I've had a blast with it just playing Mario Kart. Seriously considering getting one myself, but that $300 price tag is a little steep for something that i may only use 2-3 hrs per week. 

on my Watch List

Mario Kart

Slain  (2d heavy metal gore slasher)

Blasphemous (2d metroid meets castlevania)

River City Girls (2d streets of rage & river city ransom had a baby)

Rocket League  

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one a few weeks ago. Have had a blast playing it with my 4 year old son. 

Already beat Mario Odyssey and Luigi’s Mansion 3. Luigi’s Mansion was fun, but Mario Odyssey was better. 

Also have Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros, and love both games. 

My kids have had them for several years. They love them, they play online and with friends when they are together.

They are also great for play during long car rides!

Switch is the first video game system I've bought since PlayStation 2. Games: Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Sword, Smash Bros Ultimate, Golf Story, Okami HD, Spyro Reignited, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy.

I haven't finished the main story of Zelda, Okami, Spyro or Crash Bandicoot. Not sure I'll ever finish Crash Bandicoot since it's insanely frustrating to play. I enjoy the others, just haven't gotten through them.

Mr. Ected said:
My kids have had them for several years. They love them, they play online and with friends when they are together.

They are also great for play during long car rides!
Both of my sons have one - after all, I'm a FBG. :bowtie:

Older son (18) plays a lot of Mario games while the younger one (17) is obsessed with Untitled Goose Game.

Both of my sons have one - after all, I'm a FBG. :bowtie:

Older son (18) plays a lot of Mario games while the younger one (17) is obsessed with Untitled Goose Game.
Every time I see my kid playing that goose game I think "I spent over $400 on Switch stuff so she could play THAT!!??".

Bought for my 10 year old for Christmas along with Minecraft and Mario. She played it maybe 3-4 times and hasn't since but I also haven't hooked up to TV yet. I asked a while back and said needs different games. Mario too hard and Minecraft controls different than used to on PC.

We got one for the kids last christmas... I forgot how much I loved Mario Kart (bag)

p.s. the left controller has some weird "drifting" that makes it a pain in the ### to use sometimes more often than not anymore. 

We got one for the kids last christmas... I forgot how much I loved Mario Kart (bag)

p.s. the left controller has some weird "drifting" that makes it a pain in the ### to use sometimes more often than not anymore. 
i think nintendo repairs those for free.. also saw online its just dirt trapped under the joystick so u can clean it with soem rubbing alcohol

My 8 year old got the switch lite from Santa. He has been playing Mario Kart and this Olympic game online and enjoying it a bunch.  

Got one for my boys for Christmas as well. Only game I bought was Rocket League, but I told them we could go out and I'd buy them a few used games from Gamestop. It's been almost a month and they're loving Rocket League so much they haven't wanted to get anything else. That game is fun as hell, but it can be so frustrating. It's a bit like golf - sometimes I think I'm getting pretty good, then other times I think I might be the worst player to ever even try to play.

I think if they don't want to pick up any other games, I may go out and get some of the suggestions here myself.

wlwiles said:
My nephew (10) got one of these for Christmas.  I've had a blast with it just playing Mario Kart. Seriously considering getting one myself, but that $300 price tag is a little steep for something that i may only use 2-3 hrs per week. 
Get the Switch Light for $200. 

Got one for my boys for Christmas as well. Only game I bought was Rocket League, but I told them we could go out and I'd buy them a few used games from Gamestop. It's been almost a month and they're loving Rocket League so much they haven't wanted to get anything else. That game is fun as hell, but it can be so frustrating. It's a bit like golf - sometimes I think I'm getting pretty good, then other times I think I might be the worst player to ever even try to play.

I think if they don't want to pick up any other games, I may go out and get some of the suggestions here myself.
id recommend getting games from ebay if you're going the used route.

Got one for the kids when it came out. I play it too. It's got the NES and SNES emulator but in too to play the old games if you have the online. I probably should play it more but I have trouble playing it handheld. When I sit down I usually play an Xbox game. Need to play some more switch stuff. 

Got one for the kids when it came out. I play it too. It's got the NES and SNES emulator but in too to play the old games if you have the online. I probably should play it more but I have trouble playing it handheld. When I sit down I usually play an Xbox game. Need to play some more switch stuff. 
Wait, emulator?  Is that an add-on during purchase, or a standard feature?  You don't need a game cartridge for that?  Hell, that alone might make it worth it for me, I have no idea what new games are available, what i might like or not like, but just to go back and play Mario, Contra, Metroid, etc. sounds good to me

Wait, emulator?  Is that an add-on during purchase, or a standard feature?  You don't need a game cartridge for that?  Hell, that alone might make it worth it for me, I have no idea what new games are available, what i might like or not like, but just to go back and play Mario, Contra, Metroid, etc. sounds good to me
It's part of the Nintendo Online service.  You can't play every NES/SNES game though, only ones they've released.  No cartridges.  I don't think you need a cartridge for any Switch game with the eshop.  

For true SNES emulation, you'll need to unlock/hack your Switch and run homebrew.  Not the easiest thing to do, but it's so freakin' cool.  I can play any NES/SNES/PS1 games and most N64 games.  

It's part of the Nintendo Online service.  You can't play every NES/SNES game though, only ones they've released.  No cartridges.  I don't think you need a cartridge for any Switch game with the eshop.  

For true SNES emulation, you'll need to unlock/hack your Switch and run homebrew.  Not the easiest thing to do, but it's so freakin' cool.  I can play any NES/SNES/PS1 games and most N64 games.  
Yep. Same thing you used to be able to do on the Wii. Haven't tried it on the switch yet because of the cost of the thing. It was nice they had some available for free with the online service.

If you want an emulator I’d buy a Wii off marketplace for $20 and home brew it    Unless you don’t care about bricking the switch or being banned from online

If you want an emulator I’d buy a Wii off marketplace for $20 and home brew it    Unless you don’t care about bricking the switch or being banned from online
I actually bought a second Switch tablet on ebay for emulating since the possibility of a ban is real and I like portability.  They only ban individual consoles though, not Nintendo accounts.  So I have the one switch for emu that I don't care about bans on, and the one I use for Switch games.  

I actually bought a second Switch tablet on ebay for emulating since the possibility of a ban is real and I like portability.  They only ban individual consoles though, not Nintendo accounts.  So I have the one switch for emu that I don't care about bans on, and the one I use for Switch games.  
Nice.  I wonder if two people had the modded version if they could play the emulated ones on LAN WiFi 

im having a video game party for my son this weekend one tv will be the switch with all the great 4 player games. Next to it will be home Brew Wii running MAME classic 4 player arcades like X-men tmnt and simpsons  interested to see which system gets the most action. It’s a bunch of 8 year olds so they really never seen these MAME games

Scoresman said:
Most of my gaming is done on the Switch these days.  The portability is just too good.  

My most played games are Zelda BOTW, Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, and Diablo 3.

Haven't really done the online thing as I can't do FPS or fast combat games without a mouse/keyboard.  
How’s diablo 3?

I haven’t played since diablo 2 on pc.  By far the most hours I ever put into a video game.

Also, been away from gaming for 10+ years, kids and all, but Mario odyssey was a ton of fun. Kids just got Zelda - Breath of the wild for Xmas and holy cow is this a cool game. Such a big world to explore and so many cool features. Glad my kids are big enough now to enjoy, and me too. 

How’s diablo 3?

I haven’t played since diablo 2 on pc.  By far the most hours I ever put into a video game.
I played d2 for many years. D3 for a few.  It isn’t quite the same. With that said D4 has been announced and they said they’re going back to the D2 roots

ive only played d3 on pc many years ago. I’ve heard the console version is better

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked a switch up over the weekend to play mario with my 5 year old daughter.

I have a modded wii that we have been playing a couple times a month for the last 6 months. She wanted to play as the pink toadstool when she saw it in target, which was enough of an excuse for me. I have been wanting to play Mario Odyssey for a while now.

I picked a switch up over the weekend to play mario with my 5 year old daughter.

I have a modded wii that we have been playing a couple times a month for the last 6 months. She wanted to play as the pink toadstool when she saw it in target, which was enough of an excuse for me. I have been wanting to play Mario Odyssey for a while now.
I beat X-men arcade and tmnt2 yesterday. Great games

had my sons 8yr old friends over they’ve never seen those games. They were blown away

Both my kids have a Switch, I’m an awful parent :bag:

I’ve lost track of what they have, but off the top of my head:

Mario Kart, FIFA, Smash Bro, Luigis Mansion, Mario Party, every Super Mario Bro ever made, Cars, and who knows what else.

My favorites are Smash Bros, FIFA, & Mario Olympics.

Thanks!  Going to buy this on my son's account tonight and play after everyone goes to bed.

Not a bad lineup for $20 a year and not having to worry about unlocking your switch.

The NES and Super NES games can be downloaded through a 7 day trial if you go through the Nintendo eShop on the Switch (it will auto renew for a month after that).

Played some games tonight.  So awesome to play the old games on the HD big screen.  You can use the thumb-circle-pad thingie instead of the d-pad.  Makes gameplay much smoother.  You also have 4 save slots on each game, so you can stop and save the game anywhere....middle of a fight in Punch-Out, anywhere on the Zelda map, etc.  That's super cool.  Definitely going to get the $20 for 12 month plan.

River City Ransom has a reboot called

River City Melee Mach

it supports online 4 player battle royale !

does anybody have this game?? very tempted to get it

also i just started playing Zelda - Links Awakening

pretty good birds eye view zelda game, reminds me of the original

purchased Blasphemy yesterday. Its on sale for $15 and pretty good so far. its a metroid/castlevania type game

Users who are viewing this thread