What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NINTENDO Switch (1 Viewer)

River City Ransom has a reboot called

River City Melee Mach

it supports online 4 player battle royale !

does anybody have this game?? very tempted to get it

also i just started playing Zelda - Links Awakening

pretty good birds eye view zelda game, reminds me of the original

purchased Blasphemy yesterday. Its on sale for $15 and pretty good so far. its a metroid/castlevania type game
If you like metroidvania, do yourself a favor and get Bloodstained. It’s made by the original developer of castlevania SOTN and it is awesome. 

Need game (non-mine craft and non-mario cart) recommendations for a 7-8 year old boy?  Any ideas?

just got Slain from gamefly, awesome metroidVania type game. soundtrack is heavy metal with tons of blood and gore. a #### load of bosses you have to beat too - ill be buying this one. 

next in my gamefly queue is river city girls (doubt i get this one its a limited release) & rocket league

I'd like to preorder a game for my nephew that is only digital. The game comes out in july, his birthday in sept. Will I receive a code that I can sit on and wait till sept? do I need his gamer/consol id at time of purchase?

It's cheaper if I preorder. I prefer giving a game instead of a giftcard.

I'd like to preorder a game for my nephew that is only digital. The game comes out in july, his birthday in sept. Will I receive a code that I can sit on and wait till sept? do I need his gamer/consol id at time of purchase?

It's cheaper if I preorder. I prefer giving a game instead of a giftcard.
pretty sure they just give you a code so you can use it wherever you want. one game im looking forward that's coming out april 30th is Minecraft dungeons. its Minecraft meets diablo. should be cool for local multiplayer fun with the kid

I was bored so I bought football manager 2020.  

Was thinking of buying saints row also. My kid lost my Zelda game. Grrrr

I also picked up a new set of Joycons today and finally played a full-family Mario Party. The wife had little interest before we started, but was all about it by the time we were done.

So, what's the trick to get Nintendo to replace the Blue one that came with my Switch? It's suffering from that nasty drift issue and none of the suggested fixes helped.

ETA: My daughter does not want me to fix it as she's finally able to beat me at Mario Kart when I use it.... sometimes. (but enough that I'm worried about it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to get my hands on one of these but I might be waiting a while. Seems like my only option right now is paying 175% MSRP to some shark on ebay, which I will not be doing. 

Just got one from Costco and my wife and I are debating whether to keep it. I don't think my 16 and 14 year old daughters will use it.

Been sitting here since Saturday and neither have asked to play it. Think it may be going back. 

Just got one from Costco and my wife and I are debating whether to keep it. I don't think my 16 and 14 year old daughters will use it.

Been sitting here since Saturday and neither have asked to play it. Think it may be going back. 
I’ll take it before you send it back

fruity pebbles said:
I’ll take it before you send it back
Are you serious? I didn't even think of that. I did open it and set it up and downloaded Tetris to give it a shot. But still hasn't been played.

Are you serious? I didn't even think of that. I did open it and set it up and downloaded Tetris to give it a shot. But still hasn't been played.
They’re extremely hard to find I believe so I’d be shocked if you didn’t have numerous takers. 

Absolutely. Trying to find one for my two kids before their birthdays end of June. 

Kid started playing again recently.  Beat Odyssey, the main part anyway and is now just on the hunt for all the moons.  We had a nice Mario Cart binge the other day too.

I subscribed to the online NES games and bought the old school controllers for it.  Master Blaster, Ninja Gaiden, Dodgeball, Mario 2 and 3, Techmo Bowl.  I may even start the Legend of Zelda series from the beginning.

I also have my original NES so I've been playing Mega Man 2 and Ducktales.  Finally got everything I need to beat Dragon Warrior, or so I thought.  Need to increase a few levels still.  BUt I have the armour, sword and all the spells.  

Nostalgia is a grand thing.

Kid started playing again recently.  Beat Odyssey, the main part anyway and is now just on the hunt for all the moons.  We had a nice Mario Cart binge the other day too.

I subscribed to the online NES games and bought the old school controllers for it.  Master Blaster, Ninja Gaiden, Dodgeball, Mario 2 and 3, Techmo Bowl.  I may even start the Legend of Zelda series from the beginning.

I also have my original NES so I've been playing Mega Man 2 and Ducktales.  Finally got everything I need to beat Dragon Warrior, or so I thought.  Need to increase a few levels still.  BUt I have the armour, sword and all the spells.  

Loved Dragon Warrior.  Getting mad just thinking about a stupid metal slime running away when I was trying to farm them for xp 

I recently got all the Mega mans and duck tales for my laptop remastered.  It was like 20 bucks.   They are still fun.   I think the duck tales was called Disney afternoon or something?  It was all Disney games for nes in one

Joycon drift is making this unbearable and i don't want to pay $200 for four new ones.
Since Nintendo repairs were closed for COVID I bought an $8 replacement joystick on Amazon. It was a little touchy but really not that difficult to replace. Joycon works perfectly now.

Dan Lambskin said:
Loved Dragon Warrior.  Getting mad just thinking about a stupid metal slime running away when I was trying to farm them for xp 
They still do that, even with Eldrick's sword I can't seem to kill one.  :hot:

need2know said:
I recently got all the Mega mans and duck tales for my laptop remastered.  It was like 20 bucks.   They are still fun.   I think the duck tales was called Disney afternoon or something?  It was all Disney games for nes in one
I have the Mega Man pack for the switch, has 1-9 on it I think?  But I also found I have the MM2 and MM9 in actual NES cartriges.  Been playing a lot of 2, didn't like most of the rest.

My NES Cartridge is DuckTales and it keeps kicking my a$$.

if you have the drift issue, all you need is a q tip and rubbing alcohol. under the joystick is a rubber sleeve, get under that with the q tip and clean it out. 
I’ve tried that but I’ll try it again

xbox sucks for that too, also have a left analog button I can’t push down, I took it apart the mechanism was cracked.  Tried glue but no no

Details?  I have a couple I might try to repair on my own
Here is the one I bought. It looks like the price went up a bit from when I purchased. There are cheaper options if you care (I paid $8). This one came with all the necessary tools which was nice. The process is fairly simple. There are just a lot of small screws and pieces to deal with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZLP2TJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once you have the replacement stick I'd recommend following one of the guides on youtube to do the replacement. The "instructions" that came with the stick that I linked were just directions to a youtube video.

I think I followed this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLOjlYsCCY

I tried all the cleaning, etc methods and this was the only fix that worked for me.

This is for the left stick by the way. I think the right might be slightly different.

Would love to get my hands on one of these but I might be waiting a while. Seems like my only option right now is paying 175% MSRP to some shark on ebay, which I will not be doing. 
Best Buy restocked online this morning, both gray and neon consoles. Had one in my cart and it was out of stock by the time I submitted my order. :lmao:  

Game stop had some too this morning. Was a bundle with the pro wireless controller, $20 gift card and Animal Crossing for 450 bucks. All stuff I'd buy anyways. Got one for the kids. 

Best Buy restocked online this morning, both gray and neon consoles. Had one in my cart and it was out of stock by the time I submitted my order. :lmao:  
After doing this dance over 20 times, I finally landed a neon console from Best Buy! It arrived this afternoon, downloading MarioKart as we speak.  :towelwave:

My gf bought a switch & animal crossing with her stimulus bux.  I’m always amazed at Nintendo’s ability to bring in people that wouldn’t otherwise spend a cent on video games.  

But yeah I might see what that Zelda’s talkin about 

Just fired up some Mario Kart online. Getting destroyed by some kids. Been a while since I played anything other than a shooting game.

Anyone still playing Animal Crossing? We had a group of five that is now just two - my wife and I. Looking to swap friend codes. My time played is dwindling rapidly without friends' islands to visit.

We finished Luigi’s mansion the other day. Wife was obsessed. Lot of fun. 

Started paper Mario. It’s a very good looking game but not sure I love it. All the battles they keep throwing you into take away from the gameplay. 

Users who are viewing this thread