What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Game Show Hosts Ranked (1 Viewer)

Can't argue with their top 3: Trebek, Barker, Dawson.

I would rank Bill Cullen much higher., probably #5.  

Martindale should be above Steve Harvey, who is WAY too high.

Jim Perry should be in the top 10.

peter marshall, hollywood squares?

eta:  i tried to add him at #54, but you have to be a member.

:kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
No Howard Stern?

- Hollyweird Squares

- Lesbian Dating Game

- Mexican Delivery Boy Game

- Win Fred's Money

- Stump the Booey

- Beetlejuice Password

- Lord of the Anal Rings

- Wheel of Sex

I loved how **** Clark and Jim Perry would bring a certain level of importance to the games. When someone was going for the big money on Pyramid **** Clark made seem like it was a big deal. He'd quiet down the studio, take a little pause and then in that super-official voice say "here is your first subject...go". So great. Then after the someone choked in the bonus round he came in there with the perfect clue, got the contestant to spit out the right answer. As if the guest star giving the clues wasn't already gutted enough from the loss. Guy was ruthless. Jim Perry, before he flipped the final card on Card Sharks, the card that could win someone the game he wouldn't say "for the win", he would say "for the Championship". Loved that. Made it feel like Wimbledon. Sale of the Century was must see TV if you didn't have to go to school. Love how JP came running out onto the set every day too. Never lollygagged it. Came in there like Prefontaine.

My top 15

1. Bob Barker

2. Alex Trebek

3. Richard Dawson

4. Bill Cullen

5. Bob Eubanks

6. Gene Rayburn

7. Monty Hall

8. **** Clark

9. Wink Martindale

10. Jim Perry

11. Pat Sajak

12. Allen Ludden

13. Jack Berry

14. Jim Lange

15. Chuck Woolery

My god how could the other list not even have Chuck Barris????   Come on man--But they have Betty White?  Blah
Love Penn Gilette ... but did I miss the game show he hosted?

That first list has a few people like that, as someone pointed out above.

Users who are viewing this thread