What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeff Bezos Phone Hack? A Worry? (1 Viewer)

A UN report links the attack on Jeff Bezos' iPhone X directly to Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Seems like a non-story to me. I've been told by countless people that they are using an iphone because privacy/security is so important to them.

Obviously a major issue if celebrities, business leaders, politicians, etc can be potentially blackmailed or insider info can be gained to game markets, etc

Seems like a non-story to me. I've been told by countless people that they are using an iphone because privacy/security is so important to them.
:lol:  

While iOS is widely recognized to be the "clear winner in terms of mobile security" by authorities such as Norton, CNet, PC Magazine etc, it can be vulnerable to: 

1) Flawed apps (The Bezos hack was due to a weakness in WhatsApp)
2) Unapproved apps side loaded from sources outside the App Store
3) Social Engineering / Access hacks where people gain control of your account via social engineering or hacking your email
4) Rare iOS Malware. While Android devices are infected as much as 50x more often than iOS devices , there are occasional exploits that hit iOS. No OS is perfectly secure. 

The truth is both OS's are very secure if you keep your OS and Apps updated, and are smart about opening attachments and installing apps outside the Platform's official marketplaces. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizona Ron said:
I deal with a lot of overseas people through WhatsApp  :shrug:
Oh, I don’t doubt that.  I was just alluding to our previous WhatsApp Related thread which I don’t believe survived.

Users who are viewing this thread