What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I LOVE Adam Schiff! (1 Viewer)

A fun exercise:

Listen to yesterday's closing argument as though Schiff is speaking to a bunch of elementary school kids. It's simple, it's eloquent, it's concise, and it's accurate. It's presented as though all of this could be understood by a bunch of 8 year old kids, which is not far from the truth.

Just masterful.

Let's see the list.  I didn't hear a single one.  You're in the spotlight. Here's your chance to shine.  Go!
We can start here: Back in March 2017, he insisted that he’d seen “more than circumstantial evidence” that Trump had colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election — a claim exposed as false by the Mueller report.

We can start here: Back in March 2017, he insisted that he’d seen “more than circumstantial evidence” that Trump had colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election — a claim exposed as false by the Mueller report.
Haven't we all seen more than circumstantial evidence? I mean c'mon man!

Literally the next paragraph doesn’t even have nunes name right.

“Months later, he insisted that Rep. Duncan Nunes was flat-out wrong to say that the FBI’s Russia investigation relied heavily on the absurd Steele Dossier to get warrants to surveil Carter Page; the recent inspector-general report shows that Nunes was right — and Schiff had to know it.”

New York post

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to go back three years, you've lost.  We have a president working on 17,000 over that time span. lol

Also, even your three year-old example is a fail. Trump most-certainly colluded with Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to get into re-litigating the Mueller Report, but just as a rhetoritician, Schiff has really impressed me. He has that rare ability to distill arguments down to their core premises. I particularly liked his speech last night where he repeatedly reminded the (GOP) Senators: "You know what kind of man this president is. You know he will always put his own interests above the country." Because the most under-reported story of the past three years is the fact that it's patently obvious elected GOP officials, as well as many of his own Administration appointees, recognize that Trump is dangerously unfit for office, but are either too afraid or too ineffectual to do anything about it. We tend to gloss this fact over because it seems so fixed, but Schiff is reminding the Senators that it doesn't have to be this way. Here is an opportunity where they can do the right thing, where they can be effective. Obviously, he's under no impression that they actually will, but like Carmela's therapist on "The Sopranos", he's warning them, "One thing you can never say. That you haven’t been told."

Conservative resentment against Schiff reminds me of how they regard Pelosi as well. They can’t stand competence on the other side. 
False..I love Nancy and I appreciate her being the reasonableness of a party that has lost it's mind.

I like Nancy quite a bit

The Mueller Report stated that it did not have sufficient evidence to conclude that Trump colluded, right? That doesn’t mean ZERO evidence. So... got anything else?

Please explain, because this reads as an utterly baseless smear. Are you accusing him of sex crimes, or being light on sex crimes? What exactly are you trying to do here?
I'm saying he hangs out with some pretty shady people, starting with Bruce Hensel and Ed Buck. 

It’s cool how he says the Ukrainians fight Russia over there so we don’t have to fight them over here, and how he takes money from Raytheon and other huge corps that stand to take massive profits off a nuclear arms race with Russia, and doesn’t oppose any of Trump’s wars in the Middle East or Latin America, it’s like he’s a little puppet for the neocons, the vanguard of the McResistance, great congressman 

I for one am really looking forward to the internet memes putting Schiff's stirring, masterful speech from last night side by side with some of Trump's inanity over the last few years. Lord knows there's thousands of hours of video of Trump spitting nonsensical, divisive drivel.

It's like comparing Jimmy Stewart's Mr. Smith to Cobra Commander.

It’s cool how he says the Ukrainians fight Russia over there so we don’t have to fight them over here, and how he takes money from Raytheon and other huge corps that stand to take massive profits off a nuclear arms race with Russia, and doesn’t oppose any of Trump’s wars in the Middle East or Latin America, it’s like he’s a little puppet for the neocons, the vanguard of the McResistance, great congressman 
Middle East and Latin America don't have anything to do with this impeachment, so I'm not sure why he would be talking about those things.

Just because someone isn't talking about what you want them to talk about doesn't make them some deep state secret agent.

It’s great how he votes to give Trump’s intelligence complex massive spying powers and $700 B’s for endless wars and the Trump Space Force, all while being the leading figurehead of a pretend resistance, this guy rocks

The dude openly cheated on his wife and bragged about molesting women for heaven's sake.   I realize you support the President but defending him on his morality is going a bit too far.
I was only pointing out some of Schiff's associates.  At which point this turned to a "Trump is no better" conversation.  So I was see myself out. 

I'm saying he hangs out with some pretty shady people, starting with Bruce Hensel and Ed Buck. 
I had never heard of these two guys before this post. I googled their names with Schiff. You have to make some giant leaps to say that they "hang out together".

Users who are viewing this thread