What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 NFL Free Agency & Trades - Jadeveon Clowney & Logan Ryan are still available (1 Viewer)

I actually like this for Marcus, even if I wouldn't expect him to start over Carr at first.
As you know, I'm one of the few Marcus fans left but I absolutely hate this move for Marcus. I thought the reason Gruden was looking for a replacement for Carr was he was too quick to check down and wouldn't challenge the defense down field when he had shots to take. Am I crazy or does that sound like Mariota to a T? Also, people said that Carr wasn't a good fit for Gruden because Carr is eager to please while Gruden wants to constantly challenge his QB's? One of the reasons Gannon was so successful with Gruden is he would get right back in Grudens face. I don't see Mariota holding up to the Trial By Fire approach much better than Carr has.

I was really hoping Mariota might end up in a NE/IND type situation. If he was going someplace to be a backup from day #1 I would have rather seen him hold a clipboard in ARZ behind mighty mouse in an offense that would fit his skill set much better(now with better weapons). Or even a place like MIA where he might replace Fitzpatrick after a 4int first half at some point in the season. Mariota seems like a positive team first guy and would have fit in well with the culture they are trying to instill there.

As you know, I'm one of the few Marcus fans left but I absolutely hate this move for Marcus. I thought the reason Gruden was looking for a replacement for Carr was he was too quick to check down and wouldn't challenge the defense down field when he had shots to take. Am I crazy or does that sound like Mariota to a T? Also, people said that Carr wasn't a good fit for Gruden because Carr is eager to please while Gruden wants to constantly challenge his QB's? One of the reasons Gannon was so successful with Gruden is he would get right back in Grudens face. I don't see Mariota holding up to the Trial By Fire approach much better than Carr has.

I was really hoping Mariota might end up in a NE/IND type situation. If he was going someplace to be a backup from day #1 I would have rather seen him hold a clipboard in ARZ behind mighty mouse in an offense that would fit his skill set much better(now with better weapons). Or even a place like MIA where he might replace Fitzpatrick after a 4int first half at some point in the season. Mariota seems like a positive team first guy and would have fit in well with the culture they are trying to instill there.
If I could have chosen his spot, I absolutely would have chosen NE or Indy. But I do think Gruden can help MM develop, and it wouldn't be surprising to see Mariota start ahead of Carr by 2021. 

If I could have chosen his spot, I absolutely would have chosen NE or Indy. But I do think Gruden can help MM develop, and it wouldn't be surprising to see Mariota start ahead of Carr by 2021. 
I'm still hoping Carr gets dealt to one of the musical chair losers in the Brady sweepstakes and Gruden drafts one of the "project" QB's in the draft. Speaking as a fan of Mariota. And Carr. And even Gruden.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Big news: Based on the previous discussions between the #Panthers organization and Cam Newton’s agents, it has been agreed upon to allow Cam and his agency team to seek a trade. Other details to follow.

9:57 AM · Mar 17, 2020

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Big news: Based on the previous discussions between the #Panthers organization and Cam Newton’s agents, it has been agreed upon to allow Cam and his agency team to seek a trade. Other details to follow.

9:57 AM · Mar 17, 2020
Very easy to  picture Cam Newton having an agency team

I wish the Bears hadn't let Teddy get away yesterday. Now holding out hope for Cam. If the Bears get Dalton, Carr or Foles, though, it will be SOP for the Bears. Paying up for mediocrity. There is no way they are smart enough to get Teddy or Cam. We'll see.

caustic said:
Panthers are showing very strong interest in Teddy Bridgewater, per ESPN.
I would think that would be great for CMC and their RBs, since they aren't a big vertical threat offense anyway. A lot of dink and dunk and short to intermediate stuff is right up Teddy's ally. Of course, that was the old regime, not sure about this new coach...

As a Redskins fan I don't want this (especially if it costs draft picks) but I could see Cam being talked about right now in DC. 

zamboni said:
Dolphins already looking like a team that's going to be vastly improved this year. Good timing for them as Brady leaves the fold.
We've seen this before.  The team who wins the off-season typically isn't one to make much noise during it. 

I wish the Bears hadn't let Teddy get away yesterday. Now holding out hope for Cam. If the Bears get Dalton, Carr or Foles, though, it will be SOP for the Bears. Paying up for mediocrity. There is no way they are smart enough to get Teddy or Cam. We'll see.
I'd rather have Dalton, Carr, or Foles over Newton or Teddy. 

I think Newton is done physically. Gives off a strong late career McNabb vibe. Teddy is a system product, and both will be very expensive. 

Of course, Chase Daniel got 3/13 from Detroit. So who knows what QB's will cost what. Side note, man, Daniel has had the best NFL career. He's made around 40 million dollars, doing almost nothing, including even taking many hits.

I'd rather have Dalton, Carr, or Foles over Newton or Teddy. 
Ugh. If Cam isn't healthy then I'd stand corrected but I'd rather watch Mitch flame out or to draft a rookie than to take any of those guys. Foles as a backup to Mitch could work since Foles seems to have the eye of the tiger so long as he isn't named the starter.

zamboni said:
Dolphins already looking like a team that's going to be vastly improved this year. Good timing for them as Brady leaves the fold.
We've seen this before.  The team who wins the off-season typically isn't one to make much noise during it. 
True.  Miami was hot to end the year though.  If this shopping spree is being guided by Flores to get defenders that fit what he wants (Lawson and Van Noys are players he would be very familiar with), then optimism is warranted.  Still need to improve the offensive line a great deal.

Joe Schobert to the Jags — 5/53.75, with $12MM signing bonus and $22.5MM guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders signed TE Jason Witten to a one-year contract worth up to $4.75 million.

Witten spent 16 seasons with the Cowboys from 2003-2019. The most-recent version of the veteran TE wasn't all that great, as Witten set career-low marks in both yards per reception (8.4) and yards per target (6.4) in 2019. The fit with the Raiders is even more puzzling considering the presence of both Darren Waller and Foster Moreau. It's unlikely that Witten sees enough targets and snaps to work as a standalone fantasy option in 2020, but his presence undoubtedly lowers the ceiling of both Waller and Moreau.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 17, 2020, 4:06 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread