What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Size Regular T Shirt Do You Wear? (1 Viewer)

What Size Regular T Shirt Do You Wear?

• I wear a XS T-shirt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear a S T-shirt

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I wear a M T-shirt

Votes: 43 18.6%
  • I wear a L T-shirt

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • I wear an XL T-shirt

Votes: 80 34.6%
  • I wear an XXL T-shirt

Votes: 31 13.4%
  • I wear an XXXL T-shirt

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • I wear an XXXXL T-shirt

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
5'10 155-160 M

Yes, I mostly eat healthy and exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:
6'1" 160 here.

Just super lanky, but I like a roomier fit. For the outer layer, Large always works perfect for me.

On the inner layer white T, I tend to go Large, cause a Medium is too small, but it usually doesn't fit perfect until it shrinks down a teeny bit first time in the wash.

At 6 foot 190 I still can’t figure out how that’s an XL.  The sizing has never made sense to me.  

snellman said:
How are you guys that are 5'10 - 6'0 wearing M and L T-shirts.  I am 6'0 190 and a L feels like a mid rif muscle shirt. XL here for the most comfort.
I’m 5’10” and wear M/L, but I weigh in the 155-160 pound range.

In between a L and XL. Depending in the shirt fit.  Im not like an overly big arm and shoulder guy...but some shirts these days are just fit so tight in the shoulders and arms that the large doesn't look right to me.

XL or XXL.

6'0 at a solid 233lbs.

*can always stand to lose 5-10 pounds, but I like that better than feeling light 5-10 pounds.

I'm 6'6" and used to be 235lbs and back then I was XL.  Totally sedentary and ate like crap.

In 2010, I got on MyFitnessPal to track what I ate and lose weight.  Still sedentary, but got down to about 190lbs.  T-Shirt size L.

In 2016, I discovered Strava, hiking, and the 10K thread.  Also cut sugar out of my diet (although it has since returned, unfortunately).  Now 165lbs.  Size L now looks like a garbage bag and size M is far too short for my height.  And nobody even makes tall clothes in M.  So I'm usually choosing between M and L Tall.  Now trying to build muscle (I obviously have a very small frame and little muscle -- my genes at work).

It's tough sometimes to keep the running up, but the FBGs in the 10K thread are incredible.  Taught me so much, and so motivational.

6’ and I fluctuate between 175 and 190. M when I’m lean. L in the winter time when I tend to fatten up a bit.   

I gain weight in the man boobs first then gut second. 

snellman said:
How are you guys that are 5'10 - 6'0 wearing M and L T-shirts.  I am 6'0 190 and a L feels like a mid rif muscle shirt. XL here for the most comfort.
i'm slightly taller and heavier. i'm a medium guy. i've got broad shoulders and larges hang off me. 

XL is like a tent.

might be a brand thing?

I wear XXL because I'm a gym rat and have been doing it for about 30 years. XL shirts dont fit my arms loosely , they're tight. golf polos have to be XXL just to have loose fitting clothing while swinging a club. I dont like walking around like every Vinny and Joey Bats ,the guidos from Joisey ,with the guns and the tight shirts. I have noticed the XL shirts these days seem to be made for much smaller men they the used to be. it's like this skinny jeans BS..jeans for those who dont have quads I guess. I have to wear somewhat baggy pants ( loose fit, not relaxed fit) just to wear jeans. shirts are smaller and tighter. are men skinnier these days than .say, 1990s -1980s? I dont see a lot of 20-something men in the gym, mostly Gen Xers these days. 

Usually Medium, though I can fit into a Small sometimes.  Depends on the brand, I have a few S that fit but some are a little too snug.

Joe Bryant said:
Tangent point - for the guys who wear a shirt in the XS to XL range, do you have to actively work at it to be there? Is it just natural? Maybe same shape as a XXL guy just not as tall? That kind of thing. 

I'm now realizing I probably should have asked this with BMI score but that requires more work. Still super easy though https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
Range between a M and a L, different brands fit differently.

Don't work at it, just natural.  While I don't eat everything in the world that I would like, I certainly can't categorize the way I eat as being on a diet.

Rarely get exercise.

The skinny guys are all posting their weight and size and the bigger guys aren't even responding to the poll.  
Sort of my take. I know when we offered FBG T-shirts, the poll results are not representative for shirts that were ordered. 

dkp993 said:
At 6 foot 190 I still can’t figure out how that’s an XL.  The sizing has never made sense to me.  
In the best shape of my adult life, I was around 195 lbs at 6'1". I needed an XL for sure ... Larges felt like wearing wet Spandex.

Let's just say I'm not in the best shape of my adult life anymore (triple X these days).

In the best shape of my adult life, I was around 195 lbs at 6'1". I needed an XL for sure ... Larges felt like wearing wet Spandex.

Let's just say I'm not in the best shape of my adult life anymore (triple X these days).
No doubt, me too.  I just don’t think of myself as an “extra large” guy.  Feel pretty average size honestly 

Sort of my take. I know when we offered FBG T-shirts, the poll results are not representative for shirts that were ordered. 
Realistically? Just eyeballing it among the guys in the world around me, not just people I know ... a good 1/4 of men are in double X or larger. I don't personally consider a triple X a freakishly huge size ... but then, that's what I wear and I'm using myself as the measure :D  (Academically, I know better :(  ).

Now this is in the "Who cares about fitness? Eat, drink, and be merry!" New Orleans area. I'm sure it's a very different scene in the Los Angeles area, say.

The guy that posted upthread about suit sizes was onto something.

Among guys that wear an XL T-shirt, say ... there will be a lot of variation in raw body weight. But things like shoulder width, chest circumference, and waist size will fall into a somewhat closer range. Individual comfort with a T-shirt's feel -- whether someone prefers the painted-on look or the lawn-bag look -- will also affect results.

I did and I think I'm obese or borderline obese according to BMI. I also know my normal weight is almost impossible to attain as at my best I'm 190. 

:bag:

6'4" 240 but I have a longer torso.  I voted XXL because that's usually what I get to ensure length is good but every now and then I'll find some XLT ones that fit better.  

Yeah, if you have any kind of upper body mass (chest, pythons, etc), most larges feel and look too tight.

XXL for me - wide shoulders and a bit of a gut... and need it to be longer too since I'm built weirdly 

guys who are around that 6' - 190 - 200 lbs mark that are wearing XL or larger... are you not comfortable with a shirt that fits a bit more snugly?

https://www.petermanningnyc.com/blogs/news/117641924-how-a-polo-shirt-should-fit

do your shirts look like this? or like this?
Mine are always too tight to drape over my bicep.  Broad enough for my shoulders and then they are billowing at my waist.  Think fat The Rock, but taller and older, and more Caucasianeee.  

The guy in the black polo is not far off jockey size (he's shown with an ADULT SMALL Ralph Lauren polo elsewhere in your link).

I personally think the guy with the blue polo is fine. Except maybe for the sleeve length -- for that, he could try out different makers and styles. Or even get it altered. If the sleeves even bother him at all.

I personally think the guy with the blue polo is fine. Except maybe for the sleeve length -- for that, he could try out different makers and styles. Or even get it altered. If the sleeves even bother him at all.
the correct size shirt will also have correct sleeve length. it looks awkward because the shirt is too big and he's probably tucking a lot of excess material in to his pants, to boot.

where's @offdee when you need him?

guys who are around that 6' - 190 - 200 lbs mark that are wearing XL or larger... are you not comfortable with a shirt that fits a bit more snugly?

https://www.petermanningnyc.com/blogs/news/117641924-how-a-polo-shirt-should-fit

I fit right into that range. The second pic is way too tight for me. But the first is too big. Mine fit somewhere in between.

I have pretty big shoulders, so smaller shirts look strange and pull weird on me. I like a little bit of room for comfort.

This is kind of what I meant on the first page when I said I went from L to M and it wasn't because I lost weight. I'm 5'11"/6' and weigh between 165-175. I always wore large T shirts and Polo shirts because I felt like I was supposed to. I eventually realized it made me look sloppy and have been going with medium ever since. It's just a better look.

It's like the Facebook effect where everyone posts their happy stories so everyone thinks they're the only ones whose life is a mess. 

Or the 401k thread where people who are proud of their 401k talk to each other.  

Users who are viewing this thread