What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash - TMZ (1 Viewer)

CNN says they do not know who else was on board.  

There is nothing on ABC about his daughters.

So far there is nothing but a bunch of “ABC reports his daughters were on board”. JFC

The only report about his daughters were from the report during the Pro Bowl.  I'm hoping that the reporter misspoke.  This is already tragic enough.

Alexis Wainwright

@AWainwrightTV

Sources have confirmed that neither #Bryant’s wife or children were on board of the helicopter that crashed.
First good news, thank you sir! 

Terrible to hear about Rick Fox if true though. That would put this tragedy, in sports terms, on the level of Buddy Holly/ Richie Valens. Horrible

This is awful. 
I wish people would stop with the spreading of misinformation. Social media is so terrible. People take anything and run with it. 
It really is the worst thing humans have invented this side of nuclear holocaust.

This is awful. 
I wish people would stop with the spreading of misinformation. Social media is so terrible. People take anything and run with it. 
Just an FYI...the initial report about his daughters came from a televised special report ABC did during the Pro Bowl. I’m glad they were wrong.

I don’t watch basketball, but Kobe was a celebrity whose name transcended basketball into the culture at large. 

His family, friends, and fans will miss him. And I mourn for them. 

See new Tweets

Conversation

Courtney Fallon

@CourtneyFallon_

Can confirm former

@lakers

star Rick Fox WAS NOT among the passengers on the helicopter with Kobe Bryant. Source: his daughter.

3:33 PM · Jan 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

CNN says they do not know who else was on board.  

There is nothing on ABC about his daughters.

So far there is nothing but a bunch of “ABC reports his daughters were on board”. JFC
It was reported during the Pro Bowl when ABC broke in with a special report. Don’t get pissed at those that posted what they said but get pissed at ABC for the false information.

Kobe is the only confirmed death so far from what I can find. The identity of the other 4 casualties seems to be rumors/speculation

My favorite nba player of all time. I’m about as upset as you can be over a person I’ve never met. Watched him from day one. In shock. Really hope n pray his girls weren’t in that plane. 

unbelievable. 

It was reported during the Pro Bowl when ABC broke in with a special report. Don’t get pissed at those that posted what they said but get pissed at ABC for the false information.
Nobody is pissed here.

But it’s just common sense to try to verify something before posting.  

Kobe is the only confirmed death so far from what I can find. The identity of the other 4 casualties seems to be rumors/speculation
Can't help but think that whoever the sources were would have also mentioned anybody else of public note onboard. But who knows.

It really is the worst thing humans have invented this side of nuclear holocaust.
Chemical and biological weapons. Human trafficking. Torture Chambers. Bike Lanes. There's many more, far worse.

Sad day for laker fan. They love kobe and Rick Fox. Sad day for anyone else that feels empathy to a family losing their dad and husband. What a tragedy. 

You know on the positive side, they left behind a great example of hard work, dedication, persistence and success to inspire anyone. We are so focused on the bad news, we forget all the good these people brought to the world. Peace to the families

Shocking and while 4 other people losing their lives is tragic no matter who it is I hope with all I got it's not his or anyone's young children.

Life makes no sense sometimes. I remember where I was when Magic announced he had HIV at a time when people usually passed not long after disclosing they had HIV.  Most of us at the time figured Magic's life could be measured in months, not years. Almost 30 years later Magic is still with us and Kobe is gone just like that.  Hard to make sense of stuff sometimes, another hard lesson to not take days for granted.

Truly a legend of our generation. 

So was he at the game last night headed back or just happened to be on a helicopter?

I cannot fathom being a family member and being bombarded with disinformation.   Not from @joeblowwannabefirsttoreport   but actual ABC reporting false information.    Just to be first. 

Users who are viewing this thread