What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash - TMZ (1 Viewer)

Does that look like the same terrain?
That almost looks like the Grand Canyon or something, 

Quick search looks like that is a video of a crash of rescue helicopter in the United Arab Emirates

Last edited by a moderator:
The internet is brutal today, lots of misreporting and people trying to make a name for themselves.

There is also a clip of a MSNBC anchor with a pretty bad slipup on the "Los Angeles Lakers"  if you want to google it

bigmarc27 said:
Fine.  Hard for me to feel too badly for a guy just because he had a jump shot. 
Understood. There can be a time for a valuable conversation about how we mourn and how we value people and celebrity and all that. But today is not that time. 

Let's put this into a little perspective, there are people out there who know and love Rick Fox and Kobe's other kids. These people experienced the additional traumatizing news that these people were dead. But it's okay, because you'd like to hear rumors and bs and sort it out yourself? Are you kidding?
I get what you’re saying and if we were participating in a national broadcast I would agree with you 100%. 

But this is a thread in a discussion board. This thread is being read by a few hundred people, being posted in by a few dozen. It’s never a particularly reliable source of news and I think you may be overemphasizing it’s importance in the larger scheme of things. 

After Shaq was traded  I thought the Lakers were doomed. Those were some lean years; Odom was a good player but never great, and Kobe made too much to acquire the necessary talent around him. 

To this day I still have no idea why Memphis traded Pau Gasol. It was a gift. 

Think there will be plenty of examples this week, but Kobe was great for a variety of reasons. His legendary work ethic and intensity is one. Another is his great intelligence and thoughtfulness. Whenever interviewed, he came across with an assurance and insight. He lived on a high plane of existence.

I absolutely worshiped him for years. Was disappointed during his allegations, and his shine dimmed quite a bit for me, but never lost the feeling of awe and grew to respect him as he got older and seemed to be living an evolved and fulfilled life.

Still can’t believe he’s gone. 
My SIL's father was born in Sicily, 100% Italian, and has worked in several of the finest Italian restaurants in OC after owning his own place in MV for 22 years.  Kobe frequented them often and he always took time out to speak in Italian to him. My SIL's father loved these conversations and always told us that Kobe was always incredibly nice and gracious.  Needless to say, SIL and daughter are taking this very hard.  Kobe's was the only jersey I ever bought her.

Think there will be plenty of examples this week, but Kobe was great for a variety of reasons. His legendary work ethic and intensity is one. Another is his great intelligence and thoughtfulness. Whenever interviewed, he came across with an assurance and insight. He lived on a high plane of existence.

I absolutely worshiped him for years. Was disappointed during his allegations, and his shine dimmed quite a bit for me, but never lost the feeling of awe and grew to respect him as he got older and seemed to be living an evolved and fulfilled life.

Someone I know posted this on Facebook. Thought was worth passing on here:

“In my time working as an emcee for the Pacers several years ago, I had the pleasure of interacting with him briefly and he was truly in a league of his own. 

I remember being a little bit confused at the end of the game he’d asked me to hang around outside locker room area for a couple minutes. Then, when he got done with his interviews, he popped back out and shook my hand and said he realized I was new (it was my first year doing that job) because he hasn’t seen me before so he wanted to officially introduce himself and ask a little bit about my background and goals. But what stick with me— aside from the time he was taking for someone who was just only a college kid at the time—- was that he wanted to take the time to tell me I was doing a great job and to impress upon me to keep going and chasing my dreams. 

He was truly in the league of his own. 

RIP Kobe, Gianna & the other passengers who lost their lives today.“

Had it not been for what happened in Colorado, he’d have been right up there with Mohammed Ali for me as all time heroes period. He still loomed large.

Kobe grew up 1/2 hour from my home town. Battled my home town hero Rip Hamilton in HS. 2 absolute legends.

Reality is he was human. He allegedly made mistakes and apparently grew from them. In no way does that minimize or defend his transgressions but breaks it down to its core what all of us must go through in our existence if we are to improve our value irregardless if our contribution is a data entry, a meal served, or a jump shot. Condolences to his family. 

jvdesigns2002 said:
I know how to spell the word I wanted to use. I spelled it that way so that it wouldn’t be filtered. I wanted you and everybody to see how big of one your comment was. Proceed to leave this thread please.  I’m far from the only one that doesn’t want you in here. 
Stop feeding the troll.  It's never worth it.

ABC live report still says Kobe and 4 others.  Where do you see 9?
LA fire chief on TV just said it live during the official press conference. Won't be a link for a little while, but this is direct from the fire dept not from a reporter

Edit: may not have been the fire chief, but it was whoever was the main speaker for the official press conference

I can only imagine she knows nothing about sports, and the only basketball team she could think of was the Nets, then mid word, thought that was wrong and the LA team is the Clippers, and did not switch at the right time. 
Could be.. I dunno. But that's just brutal 

Users who are viewing this thread