What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Possibilities in 2QB PPR 10 Team league (1 Viewer)

FBAg94

Footballguy
23 roster spots - I won my league with Lamar and Will Grier in the final.

I am weak at QB and need to shore it up.  I have a couple of questions:  1. please consider my trade ideas below; 2. seeking ideas on the best way to transition as my team ages.

Starting Requirements: 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex, 1 PK, 1 DST

roster: 

QB: Lamar Jackson, Will Grier, Cam Newton

RB: Nick Chubb, Alvin Kamara, Todd Gurley, Guice, Latavius Murray, AP, Dion Lewis, Deandre Washington

WR: Hopkins, Evans, OBJ, AJ Brown, Miles Boykin, Josh Reynolds

TE: Kelce, D. goedert, Jonnu Smith, Irv Smith

PK: Jason Myers/ DST: NEP

1. Trade ideas:

A) I give DeAndre Hopkins + 2021 2nd for 2020 picks #5 and #19 + 2021 1st + Big Ben (part of the thought process here is the 1.05 gives me flexibility to move up easier to grab my QB of choice)

B) I give DeAndre Hopkins + Cam Newton + 2020 # 20 for Deshaun Watson and the 2020 #16 ( could also replace Cam with Kelce as the guy is a Chiefs fan, throw in my 2021 2nd and ask for his 1st)

C) I give the 2020 #20 for Big Ben

D) I give A. Kamara + 2020 #20 and #40 for the 2020 picks #2, #8, and #12 

2. Transition... who to keep and how quickly to move on from my aging group set... I know I can get a premium now still vs. if I wait, they will lose value in another year.  Have to hold Gurley as people won't pay, and OBJ has too much uncertainty after a poor 2019, so need him to prove he's healthy and performing before I can move him to avoid getting cents on the dollar.

thoughts?? thx in advance!

I don't really like any of your trade ideas.  You are strong everywhere and Jackson makes up for a lackluster QB2.  I also think Newton will bounce back and be serviceable next year. 

You do need to target the QB spot.  I would shop for the Carr, Winston, Darnold, Trubisky types.  Guys that people don't over value that can be had for undervalue.  You can also go the route of cycling through the older QB's (Rivers, Fitzpatrick, Big Ben, etc) that people are trying to get younger from.  Your team is built to win the next couple years so cycling through the older guys for cheaper moves might be the way to go.

I also don’t like any of the trades. As Gally said, your team is strong everywhere so keeping Cam and hoping he returns somewhat to form would be ideal and for insurance trying to get one of this vets that will only be starting for a year or isn’t valued should be able to get cheaper. 

thx... my concern is everyone hitting the cliff at the same time and going into a complete rebuild, vs. retooling as I go.

What if I got their 1.05, 2.09, 2021 1st and Big Ben for Hopkins?  I know he's looking for a WR...

thx... my concern is everyone hitting the cliff at the same time and going into a complete rebuild, vs. retooling as I go.

What if I got their 1.05, 2.09, 2021 1st and Big Ben for Hopkins?  I know he's looking for a WR...
I am not doing it.  I would be looking for a lot more if I am moving Hopkins, and I would be looking for someone better than Big Ben.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't do anything to break up your team.  As was mentioned above, your only weakness is at the QB2 position, which you still have the question mark of Cam.  Your weekly starters of Jackson, Chubb, Kamara, Gurley, Hopkins, OBJ, AJB, Evans, Kelce and Goedart, you have an advantage over most (if not all opponents) at the RB2, WR2, and 3 Flex positions which can make up for having a sub-par QB2.

I'd be poking around to see if you can get some guys like Bridgewater, Rivers, Fitzpatrick, or Carr for cheap.  I wouldn't feel pressed into making a move unless you absolutely have no QB2 when the season comes around... keep your advantage at your other positions.

Honestly, I feel like you are under valuing Deandre Hopkins. Especially in the 2nd trade. I'm with most people here, not a big fan of your trades, and I'd be way more inclined on trying to take a shot on grabbing a guy like Taysom Hill, Bridgewater, or Mariota, and seeing if they work out. Not to mention hanging on to Newton. He'll be a starter somewhere next year without a doubt.

I don't really like any of your trade ideas.  You are strong everywhere and Jackson makes up for a lackluster QB2.  I also think Newton will bounce back and be serviceable next year. 

You do need to target the QB spot.  I would shop for the Carr, Winston, Darnold, Trubisky types.  Guys that people don't over value that can be had for undervalue.  You can also go the route of cycling through the older QB's (Rivers, Fitzpatrick, Big Ben, etc) that people are trying to get younger from.  Your team is built to win the next couple years so cycling through the older guys for cheaper moves might be the way to go.
This.

Users who are viewing this thread