What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When's the last time you ordered from McDonald's? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
And if you stopped going there, why? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on eating a big Mac.  How do deal with your kids wanting McDonalds?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night. Sometimes as a treat I'll swing by there and grab an order of fries for the kids after soccer practice. 

Haven't had a Big Mac in years. 20 probably.

Maybe 2 years ago for a large fries on a road trip where I was hungry.

20+ years for anything else.  I just think the food is gross.  I'm sure that if I were to eat a Big Mac right now, it'd be temporarily enjoyable and is designed to satisfy your tastes short term.  But the trade off of then having that garbage in your system isn't worth it for me.

20 years for anything other than a breakfast sandwich, which are 1-2 tops annually. 

Possible never had a big Mac ever.  

After the Oregon Pac 12 Championship game where I watched it at a giant sports bar with two friends who are vegetarians and ordered a bunch of veggie apps like fried cauliflower and other stuff that just doesn't belong with football and a sports bar I broke down and hit the McDonald's drive-thru on my way home.  I ordered a BigMac and a cheeseburger and ate both of them before I got home.  I am disgusting, fat slob and would like to wear a cone of shame.  But no ragerts!  They were both delicious and worth the morning diahareah.  

I used to love Big Macs. Got them all the time in my younger days. I stopped because I just didn't like it anymore. My tastes evolved. As I grew older, I got more into different types of food and higher quality food. I didn't explore much, food-wise, when I was younger. Even when I ate a lot of Big Macs, McDonald's main problem was inconsistency. One day, you could get a decent, hot burger. The next, it was as if the burger has been sitting around all day. A couple years ago, I tried a Big Mac to see what it was like. It was bad. Bun just fell apart. Wasn't hot. Just bad all around.

But, I still go to McDonald's for two main reasons. First, $1 drinks. It's common for our family to hit the drive thru for cheap large drinks. Second, I'll still get breakfast there. While it's still inconsistent, more often than not, I like the sausage biscuit. When it's a warm, soft biscuit, it's a great deal for $1. And I'll add a large unsweet tea.

And, yeah, occasionally for fries or an ice cream cone or  hot fudge sundae.

ETA: Oh, and the breakfast burrito can be ok sometimes and the new donut sticks are decent.

Like a week ago. It’s the only fast food I have and will go maybe 7 or 8 times a year- usually on longer car trips or if hungover. As for the Big Mac, I haven’t had one in 20 years maybe. I’m a quarter pounder guy.

There's a McDonalds a few blocks from the Fillmore.  We stopped there after an X show in Nov-Dec 2018.  Late night fast food from a 'hood McD's is pretty low-down but the fillet-o-fish and apple pie was disgustingly satisfying.

ETA:  It used to be our family's fast food of choice because my sister's PR agency had McDonalds as their biggest client.  But that relationship ended a few years ago.

I have never had a big mac

I havent been to a mcdonalds in prob like 6 months.   only reason i ever go is my wife likes it.   Im a 5 guys fast food burger guy

I used to love Big Macs. Got them all the time in my younger days. I stopped because I just didn't like it anymore. My tastes evolved. As I grew older, I got more into different types of food and higher quality food. I didn't explore much, food-wise, when I was younger. Even when I ate a lot of Big Macs, McDonald's main problem was inconsistency. One day, you could get a decent, hot burger. The next, it was as if the burger has been sitting around all day. A couple years ago, I tried a Big Mac to see what it was like. It was bad. Bun just fell apart. Wasn't hot. Just bad all around.
I've been avoiding this since I was a kid.  I order my burger plain, with cheese only.  I'll dip said burger in ketchup (or something else... buffalo sauce?  Bleu cheese?)

This way the burger is definitely made fresh.

After the Oregon Pac 12 Championship game where I watched it at a giant sports bar with two friends who are vegetarians and ordered a bunch of veggie apps like fried cauliflower and other stuff that just doesn't belong with football and a sports bar I broke down and hit the McDonald's drive-thru on my way home.  I ordered a BigMac and a cheeseburger and ate both of them before I got home.  I am disgusting, fat slob and would like to wear a cone of shame.  But no ragerts!  They were both delicious and worth the morning diahareah.  
Kid was sick last week and he likes the nuggets there (his gram gets them for him a few times here and there) — so I went and got 3 regular burgers and nugs for him and I didn’t stop ####ting for 3 days. One for each burger I guess. Disgusting hellhole. 

You can talk smack about their lunch/dinner menu all you want and I'd probably agree.  But a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit with a hash brown is comfort food at all times of the day.

*McRib is tasty, too.  Fight me

we went through a phase of buying Happy Meals for the kid like every other week.  

but mostly it was an excuse for me to stuff my fat face with their fries.  about 7-8 years ago i went cold turkey and haven't been back.

About a month ago, I did not eat breakfast, was so hungry and passed a McDonalds and saw an Egg McMuffin sign.  Pulled in and ordered one.  tasted dam good.   Can`t even remember the last time I had a Big Mac or burger from McDonalds.  Has to be over 10 years.  I have had a whopper in the last year though and it too tasted dam good.

Breakfast, probably once a month.    Other meals..   maybe 1-2 times a year because the kids want a happy meal so I join in and get a double che or something.

It's obviously not great food, but it's definitely not terrible.

Only had 1 or 2 Big Mac's lifetime and that was years ago.

It's been a few months. I'd say we eat there 3-4x/year, if that. Occasional treat or if on a road trip.

Still love the fries. And my favorite is their strawberry shake. I don't mind the food but just don't really eat fast food much. 

There is one about a 1/4 mile from my house, literally walking distance and I could eat the living #### out of a Big Mac, one of my favorite sammiches ever.

That said, I don't think I've had one in 2+ years. Just don't go there. Wendy's scratches my fast food hamburger itch.

A few weeks ago was the 1st time in a long time.  And I didn't get anything.  My daughter asked to stop there so I got food for her and my son.  I probably ate a few of their fries, but otherwise nothing for me.  Kids never really wanted MickeyDs, we were more Wendys people (or 5 Guys) on the rare occasion we get fast food burgers.  They got a MickeyD gift card from someone at Xmas so they gave it another shot.

And we have a McDonald's 1 block from our house.

I eat less of it myself lately. If I’m starving and have to pick something off the menu these days I get the McSnack wrap. Not terrible and not too terrible for you. But in the past my go to meal which I would crush in 10 minutes was the 2 cheeseburger meal, large fries, and a 10 piece chicken. Somethings 20. Still so tasty. If it turned out it was healthy I could eat that three meals a day. 

Go there for the sausage mcmuffin whenever we are on a road trip for a quick breakfast on the go.   Never really get lunch/dinner unless it's for filler and don't have a lot of time.  Last time I had a Big Mac was a couple years ago and was not nearly as good as they were when I was in college and they had them at 2 Mac for $2 deal in the early 90's.

Senior coffee, sausage bizkit, $1.79, every morning i leave the house (retired - once/twice a wk, if neither of the peeps is in hospital).

Mickey D's & Dunkins are the only chains in this town. Never been in the Dunkins. McD is the only chain restaurant i patronize, unless there's no choice. I try to spend as much of my take-out/restaurant dough at local joints cuz it's good business. McD is the exception because they keep their bathrooms clean and dont harsh travelers for only stopping to go.

There is nothing for 10 miles around work except for a McDonalds .5 miles away.  No other option for a quick lunch if you don't bring one.

The 2 for 5 promotion just ended.  The Big Mac and 10 piece nuggets for 5 bucks was pretty awesome plus dollar large drinks.  Probably cut 5 years off my life since June working here but we all gotta go sometime.

Their coffee in Canada is very good. Way better than Tim Hortons and most other competitors. For some reason the coffee in the US is disgusting. Maybe just different tastes, I think coffee in general is weaker in the states. 

Anyway, it's my fast food coffee of choice up here, aside from that, I don't go much these days. Used to love a good quarter pounder with cheese combo and/or an egg mcmuffin when hungover but not eating much meat these days so when I do, it's going to be a better quality than that...

Last week. Do happy meals with the kids once a week maybe. 
Yeah, my kids like it too.  My son is obsessed with french fries and is ok eating their nuggets.  The daughter gets a cheeseburger and it's really her only source of protein these days.  

Twice a month for us, maybe less.

It's been a few months. I'd say we eat there 3-4x/year, if that. Occasional treat or if on a road trip.

Still love the fries. And my favorite is their strawberry shake. I don't mind the food but just don't really eat fast food much. 
About the same.  I have no rub with McD's or other fast food, just really don't have that many occasions where that is the best option.  

I'll hit McDs on a long road trip. If I'm at an airport and just want something simple that I can eat in the gate, McD's, Starbucks or other are all equally fine. 

When you only have it a few times a year, their cheesburger + fries is pretty GD good. 

About the same.  I have no rub with McD's or other fast food, just really don't have that many occasions where that is the best option.  

I'll hit McDs on a long road trip. If I'm at an airport and just want something simple that I can eat in the gate, McD's, Starbucks or other are all equally fine. 

When you only have it a few times a year, their cheesburger + fries is pretty GD good. 
Yep.

And I far prefer McDonald's to either BK or Wendy's. The other main fast food joint I like is Taco Bell. Goes the same for frequency. 

Last time was a few months ago—I was at my parents’ for Thanksgiving and stopped by the McDs I used to work at in high school. Any more, if I’m in the mood for some greasy fast food, I’d rather go to Popeye’s or something. 

Haven’t had a Big Mac in years. IMO the only good thing about them is the sauce, which you can put on other burgers. 

Big Macs are terrific.  You guys are missing out.  I remember when they were like 2 for $2 or something in the mid-90s.  Man, it was then that I realized I could actually get fat.  I was thin as a rail until college and then, a steady diet of bad food and beer and hello bloated!  Man, I could go for one right now.   Especially since I no longer care what I look like and would welcome the sweet release of death.

Rarely.  Probably been a couple of months.

We used to get it all the time for the kids when we were rushing around and didn't have time to cook something before we started toting the kids around for the evening.  Had it so much, I think most of us just got sick of it.

Double quarter pounder with cheese is still a great fast food burger as far as I'm concerned.  The problem is my local McD's charges me for a double, but gives me a single about 50% of the time.  I didn't go frequently enough to check the actual burger before I got home, so I'd just be disappointed.  Finally happened so much, I just decide to get something else at this point if I'm on my own.

Big Macs are terrific.  You guys are missing out.  I remember when they were like 2 for $2 or something in the mid-90s.  Man, it was then that I realized I could actually get fat.  I was thin as a rail until college and then, a steady diet of bad food and beer and hello bloated!  Man, I could go for one right now.   Especially since I no longer care what I look like and would welcome the sweet release of death.
The sauce is delicious but the sandwich itself is weird. Tiny patties, tons of lettuce, tons of bread. A quarter pounder with mac sauce instead of ketchup/mustard kicks a Big Mac’s ### every day of the week.

Kids always want to go to the ones with the slides. It’s ok. I usually eat large fries and a pop while they’re up there playing, but every once in a while a Big Mac is OK. I actually love extra salad on burgers and of course Mac sauce but for sure the patties are lame. 

We hit McDs every few months when we are rushed for food and that’s what my daughter wants.   I normally go with the quarter pounder with cheese.    It’s ok.   Some of the breakfast sandwiches are actually good.  

I haven’t had a Big Mac in at least 10 years.   

Kid likes the pancakes and happy meal.  I dont mind the mcnuggets and fries.  Not our go to but once in awhile.  

A couple of weeks ago when they had their 2 for 5 deal.   A quarter pounder and a filet o fish for $5...too good of a deal to pass up.  Don't go their often but that commercial during the NFL playoffs suckered my in and I'll say it was damn good.

Weakest coffee ever. I've tried many times at different McD's but all the coffee is the same.
Possible, but it's also about the only drive-thru place on the way to work other then at the I-25 interchange. In a small town, never busy. Quick and easy.

Went there once for lunch in the last 12 years in my current city, got a salad.  Couple times for breakfast. 

Haven't had a McD burger since the 1980's.  They were nasty.  Never liked anything other than McNuggets there anyway.  

Been over a yr since I’ve had a burger from McDs. 

the sausage egg n cheese McGriddles are really good imo

Have one of those every cpl of months I guess

Been over a yr since I’ve had a burger from McDs. 

the sausage egg n cheese McGriddles are really good imo

Have one of those every cpl of months I guess
I usually take the egg off and eat it separately from the McGriddle / sausage / cheese.  I dunno why but don't like the full combo.

Users who are viewing this thread