What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank your Top 3 Presidential Candidates Pre-Iowa Caucuses (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
List the top 3 viable candidates you would vote for, in order preferably...

I'll start with mine.

1.  Klobuchar

2.  Trump

3.  Mayor Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
My hope is that Trump loses so I will go with the 3 that I think stand the best chance

• Biden - if old/white people are willing to overlook Trump's flaws they will be willing to overlook his.  And for whatever reason he seems to be very popular with AAs
  • Pete - I'm a little on the fence about his sexual orientation making a difference but he's calm and will present a stark difference standing next to Trump on the debate stage
  • Sanders - he's the wildcard - he's wildly popular and most Independents and even some Conservatives are drawn to him because of his genuineness. 

I don't agree with eerything he says but I think the guy is completely genuine.  @HellToupee mentions his soft spot for him and I know his politics don't line up with Bernie's.  It's nice to have a politician that seems to care about people. 
you mentioned "personality"...Bernie is out of a comic book.

I think Hillary hit the nail on the head recently...he's not respected by many of his own peers.

Which key issues?
Almost all of them.  Healthcare, Environment and Education are the ones I think should be America's priorities.   Likely disagree fiscally, although we haven't seen a lot of detail on this yet.  I'm adamantly opposed to the progressive agenda, which is why Trump is right behind her.

I don't agree with eerything he says but I think the guy is completely genuine.  @HellToupee mentions his soft spot for him and I know his politics don't line up with Bernie's.  It's nice to have a politician that seems to care about people. 
I’m a closet Bernie guy and don’t know why. I think he would drive me crazy on somethings but I can also see surprising me. 

Almost all of them.  Healthcare, Environment and Education are the ones I think should be America's priorities.   Likely disagree fiscally, although we haven't seen a lot of detail on this yet.  I'm adamantly opposed to the progressive agenda, which is why Trump is right behind her.
Do you see any signs that Trump cares about your top 3 issues?

I think we've reached a point where we vote more personality than we ever have in the past.  Policies are still important but there's now a popularity contest element to our POTUS election.
This election seems like it's not going to be about policies but about personality and the general direction of the country. Some elections are more policy based and is probably a healthy sign for those times. I don't think the idea that elections are about personality and "gut feeling" is new or unique though. 

you mentioned "personality"...Bernie is out of a comic book.

I think Hillary hit the nail on the head recently...he's not respected by many of his own peers.
You and Hillary are both wrong, IMO.  They respect the hell out of him.  They wish they were as principled as him.  They just don't agree with him.

I do agree Angry Bernie is somewhat of a caricature of himself but who the hell cares - most of the stuff he's angry about is because people's lives are either being ruined or their quality of life is not great (relative to other Americans). 

1. Anybody but Trump. 
Yeah, this is basically where I am at. I don't love any Democrat and I am not paying attention until it gets close to primary time where I will choose. I will choose entirely based on who I think can beat the current President. 

I’m a closet Bernie guy and don’t know why. I think he would drive me crazy on somethings but I can also see surprising me. 
You and I both know that most of his agenda is not passing and I think he's too principled to pull some EO nonsense.  What I hope for him (and honestly every President) is they use their pulpit to do good.  #### politics - feed the hungry, help the homeless, get healthcare to those who can't afford it, protect us, be good neighbors and hopefully unite us.  I think Bernie can do those things - not saying he will but I'd have higher hopes that he would focus on that then pretty much any of the other people running.

You can't name your top 3 democratic candidates?
I can but it doesn’t matter anymore. 

Any other person running would be so much better than Donald Trump that it becomes irrelevant to distinguish between them. That includes the Green Party guy, the libertarian, the Peace and Freedom person. 

Do you want to run? I’d vote for you over Trump. 

I find it very telling that the Iowa caucus is right around the corner yet none of liberal/Democrat posters are talking about it at all.  Why.?

I find it very telling that the Iowa caucus is right around the corner yet none of liberal/Democrat posters are talking about it at all.  Why.?
To answer your question; I don’t know why you find it telling.

Telling that they are more interested in getting trump out then who will be next Democrat’s next president nominee.  Misguided focus imho. 
Ah. I don’t see it as misguided focus. More like united laser beam focus on the biggest problem facing our country. A problem so grand and important that differences can be set aside for now.

Ah. I don’t see it as misguided focus. More like united laser beam focus on the biggest problem facing our country. A problem so grand and important that differences can be set aside for now.
So grand and important that Pelosi decided to hold for weeks.  Got it. 

Sanders

Warren

Steyer? Probably least horrible policy wise, but I don't like the fact you can buy your way into the primary.

Users who are viewing this thread