What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl Commercials (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I didn't see anyone talking about these anywhere, so sorry if this is already covered.  On a side note, I'm thinking about trying to trademark the term "The Big Game."  

The best one for me, by far, was the Rocket Mortgage one with Aquaman.  I was literally crying from laughing so hard.  But I also liked the MC Hammer one and the Jeep Ground Hog Day one.  

The worst one had to have been that Secret commercial.  It felt like it was written by 10 year old girls who thought it was going to be the funniest thing ever penned.  Just terrible.

And a special shout out to Google.  And that shout out says: Hey, Google.  What the hell, man?  We're trying to enjoy a football game and you're trying to make the entire world sad about a guy losing his memories of his dead wife.  Seriously.  What the ####?!? 

Ooo.  I also laughed at the Smaht Pahk commercial.  I know it wasn't super original, but I still found it funny.  And Dwight in the "Sliced Bread" commercial.  But I'm not sure if I thought the commercial was funny, or just seeing Dwight Schrute in a commercial was funny.

Quicken actually told the truth for once. Their commercial was a perfect analogy to how they do business: 

They promise you a rate that looks like Jason Momoa and then bait and switch you by taking off the muscles and wig. 

Aquaman and Murray's Groundhog day were my favorites.  The old town road cowboy spot was a close 3rd.  The rest were not funny or interesting to me.  

Ooo.  I also laughed at the Smaht Pahk commercial.  I know it wasn't super original, but I still found it funny.  And Dwight in the "Sliced Bread" commercial.  But I'm not sure if I thought the commercial was funny, or just seeing Dwight Schrute in a commercial was funny.
What's up with everyone from The Office working in Super Bowl commercials now?

But what's the difference between Diet MD and MD Zero?  First off, DMD is the greatest diet soda ever made.  Why mess with perfection?
Had the same thought yet I’m still curious. I honestly don’t know if I could choose correctly in a blind test between diet and real dew. Delicious stuff.

I thought the Cheetos one was pretty funny.
I've actually done this in the past and just a couple of weeks ago.  I like cheese puffs and will sit with a bag sometimes.  My wife asked me to hand her something (like the tv remote) and I show her my orange fingers.  After an eye-roll, she gets up and gets it herself.  It works.  

The worst may have been the spot where Martin Scorsese is texting with Jonah Hill.  Then Hill shows up somewhere and says hi.  What the hell was that?  :whoosh:

What was up with the bank robbery getaway car was missing... Quibi?  Didn't get that one. 

But what's the difference between Diet MD and MD Zero?  First off, DMD is the greatest diet soda ever made.  Why mess with perfection?
Had the same thought yet I’m still curious. I honestly don’t know if I could choose correctly in a blind test between diet and real dew. Delicious stuff.
Mountain Dew Zero does not contain concentrated orange juice. Other than that, the two products contain much of the same ingredients (including the same artificial sweeteners).

Supposedly, the new drink is designed to taste more like regular MD, but I suspect that the real reason is to save money by eliminating actual fruit products from the recipe.

Same commercial. Im sure you saw it. Rob Riggle was the Bounty man. 
Hmm.  I must have missed that somehow.  Was it in the 4th quarter?  I had to clean up the kitchen for a little bit in the 4th when I thought the 49ers had blown it wide open.  So I missed a good portion of the beginning of the 4th.  

Cjw_55106 said:
Same commercial. Im sure you saw it. Rob Riggle was the Bounty man. 
I am almost positive I saw Mr. Clean make a cameo in that commercial as well.

General Malaise said:
I'd kind of forgotten about her.  What a mistake.  That is just a glorious human being. 
I don't think I could agree any harder.

I thought the "what did we do before Alexa" ad was a good one. 

"Allie, lower the heat 2 degrees"

[servant reaches into fireplace, pulls out a single log and throws it out/through the window]

and other similar funny-ish things. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread