What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2020 Democrat Primary/Caucus Thread*** Biden Is Your Demoractic Nominee (1 Viewer)

With Iowa yesterday and Pelosi tonight, I’d say this was about the worst 24 hour period the party has had since Trump’s election night. What a disaster. 

0.3% for Klobuchar so y’all can probably stop discussing her seriously. 
Huh? I'm seeing 12.6% with 62% reporting. She won't get many (any?) Delegates, but she's getting what I'd consider to be a meaningful portion of the vote. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Its Iowa, Pete has been there for 6 months.  Making people residents.
Not about Pete.  Just voter turnout.  It looks like it will be closeR to 2016 than 2008.  That means dems need a moderate to get some old white people.  Klobacher and Biden best option.

Not about Pete.  Just voter turnout.  It looks like it will be closeR to 2016 than 2008.  That means dems need a moderate to get some old white people.  Klobacher and Biden best option.
The turnout projection has been lost in all this.  When these numbers finally get in, it will be interesting to see the totals.  To be honest though, we may have a projected winner in New Hampshire before Iowa.  Maybe they are trying to get that other 38% in all at once, but the fact this thing hasn't moved at all from 62% and we have no guidance from the IDP as to why, speaks volumes.

I will send rudnick 1000.00 tonight on that statement.  

The turnout projection has been lost in all this.  When these numbers finally get in, it will be interesting to see the totals.  To be honest though, we may have a projected winner in New Hampshire before Iowa.  Maybe they are trying to get that other 38% in all at once, but the fact this thing hasn't moved at all from 62% and we have no guidance from the IDP as to why, speaks volumes.
If the turnout is low Bernie is done.  Will freak everyone out as it should.  I’d like Bernie.  But it’s not the time.

New data has arrived, 71% of precincts now reporting! Buttigieg had a 25-SDE lead with 62% reporting and now leads by....25. Boo.

Klobacher is moderate.  Gets the middle america lean.  Gets the woman lean.

She is the best candidate.
I like her and hope she gets the nomination. My guess though is she ends up as the VP choice. Checks a lot of boxes, especially if the nominee is somebody like Bloomberg from the east coast

Gonna be biden or pete with booker.  Barak and Michelle for the assist.  I take those odds.
If Biden gets the nomination (and that's a big if) no need for Booker. According to Tim he's already strong among blacks. A midwestern like Amy would serve him better. Pete will need Booker.

I only care about the general. Whoever gets there gets there. And whoever it is will be flawed. Can their flaws win? I don't see how likely losses south of the Mason Dixon line matter. 
OK, I think we're talking past each other. You're asking will Pete's lack of African American support be a problem that you need to worry about. And the answer to that is probably not in the south, though certainly it might be a concern if the pattern repeats itself outside of the south in cities like Detroit, Philly and Milwaukee.

A separate question is whether it's a problem that Pete needs to worry about, and the answer to that is absolutely, because it's one of his biggest hurdles to winning the nomination.

If Biden gets the nomination (and that's a big if) no need for Booker. According to Tim he's already strong among blacks. A midwestern like Amy would serve him better. Pete will need Booker.
I have no idea who anyone will pick as their VP, but a good rule of thumb is that if you pick a VP to cover up a weakness, you're really just highlighting your weakness.

PM me when the Dems finally find some sunshine to charge their solar powered calculators. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread