Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BassNBrew

***2020 Democrat Primary/Caucus Thread*** Biden Is Your Demoractic Nominee

Just now, fruity pebbles said:

Biden better get a charismatic VP candidate who can carry him. 

One of those dairy women would be good.  They have spunk

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Barack Obama isn't walking through that door, guys.  Neither Biden nor Bernie is a particularly memorable orator.  

I'll take the guy on the side of the people. I'll take the real life Bartlet.

I am still confused as to who is the wife and who is the sister.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

like the rah...rah....theme

Why couldn't those "let dairy die" ladies be like the ones at the Bernie rally a couple of week ago that went topless and poured milk on their boobies?  :kicksrock:

6 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Biden got attackers who made it to the stage.

That just wrong to go after an elderly man like that. 

kind of sounds like Lee Corso

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

I really can't believe that Joe won MN even with the Klobuchar boost. This is fascinating for a politics nerd like me for sure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

That just wrong to go after an elderly man like that. 

Biden looked like Fred Sanford there for a second. 

Sanders going to win TX and CA and CNN going out of their way to tell us what a GREAT night this is for Biden.

• Like 1

I feel like Biden knows deep down that he's too old and not really up for this. But he feels that beating Trump is necessary for the nation's soul and that he's the best chance to do it.

He'd rather be exposed as a blabbering old man than just sit on the sidelines again. I think that's honorable as hell.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, joffer said:

he'd be alot better if he talked slower

This. Noticed alot in his debates.

Just now, TLEF316 said:

I feel like Biden knows deep down that he's too old and not really up for this. But he feels that beating Trump is necessary for the nation's soul and that he's the best chance to do it.

He'd rather be exposed as a blabbering old man than just sit on the sidelines again. I think that's honorable as hell.

:lmao:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

I really can't believe that Joe won MN even with the Klobuchar boost. This is fascinating for a politics nerd like me for sure. 

CNN just said the Klobuchar campaign went right to work for him.

Just now, TLEF316 said:

He passed on 2016 because the backing wasn't there. He got a reprieve this time around. "Honorable".

1 minute ago, Nipsey said:

Sanders going to win TX and CA and CNN going out of their way to tell us what a GREAT night this is for Biden.

The guy was dead in the water 3 days ago, it’s pretty crazy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TLEF316 said:

was just thinking the same thing

Just now, Nipsey said:

He passed on 2016 because the backing wasn't there. He got a reprieve this time around. "Honorable".

That is not remotely true. 

12 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

TERRIBLE candidate in 2008. 2020: "Let's get behind this guy because the incumbent sucks". -Smart people

Bernie is doa with white people and young people have not been coming out.  Where is the beef?

Just now, Drunken Cowboy said:

That is not remotely true. 

How so?

1 minute ago, ren hoek said:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1235046081156616192

JHC I don't know where you people are watching this thing I didn't realize it was this bad  :lmao: 

And yet there are people saying he did a good job. I've never been so in awe at how dishonest people could be with themselves. Not to others, themselves.

1 minute ago, ren hoek said:

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1235046081156616192

JHC I don't know where you people are watching this thing I didn't realize it was this bad  :lmao: 

I laughed pretty hard when the DNC went out of their way to nominate the least electable and most dislike candidate in history 4 years.  Never could have imagined that they would find a way to top that.

3 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

He went from being out of the race basically a couple weeks ago to at least a 50-50 chance to win. Of course it's been a huge night for him.

Super PAC funding Warren is stopping spending ahead of the March 10th contests.

Mission accomplished.

4 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Is he any worse than second term Reagan?

Just now, cap'n grunge said:

He went from being out of the race basically a couple weeks ago to at least a 50-50 chance to win. Of course it's been a huge night for him.

There are two massive prizes tonight.

I am not sure why there is any discussion of that being bad for Biden. He is not a good speaker. He has a speech impediment and will never be a good speaker, but his message is good. He will pick up a lot more financial support after tonight and will pick up a lot of campaign staff from the people dropping out. When he can start getting his message out he will really pull away. 

• Like 1

I am not sure why there is any discussion of that being bad for Biden. He is not a good speaker. He has a speech impediment and will never be a good speaker, but his message is good. He will pick up a lot more financial support after tonight and will pick up a lot of campaign staff from the people dropping out. When he can start getting his message out he will really pull away. 

Plus bloomberg money is coming.  

1 minute ago, Nipsey said:

There are two massive prizes tonight.

Not that massive given they way the split the delgates. Just has to keep it close-ish. Bloomberg will also take a chunk. Maybe Warren.

If Bloomberg drops tomorrow it'll be tough for Sanders to compete going forward.  Not many Bloomberg-to-Sanders voters out there I wouldn't think.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And yet there are people saying he did a good job. I've never been so in awe at how dishonest people could be with themselves. Not to others, themselves.

And it's the same people who laugh at and call out the Trumpeters for ignoring all his lies and miscues.  They've spent four years pointing out Trump's mental limitations and how he's going senile and then turn around a support someone who makes Trump look like a genius.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

538 has him at 36% chance to win and Sanders at 3.5%. Considering that Biden wins almost all contested convention scenarios, Sanders is practically done.

He didn't run because his son died.

He's had some tough things in his life but that's not why he didn't run. I love the guy .

Just now, BassNBrew said:

And it's the same people who laugh at and call out the Trumpeters for ignoring all his lies and miscues.  They've spent four years pointing out Trump's mental limitations and how he's going senile and then turn around a support someone who makes Trump look like a genius.

The clear difference being Trump is a self absorbed jerk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cap'n grunge said:

Not that massive given they way the split the delgates. Just has to keep it close-ish. Bloomberg will also take a chunk. Maybe Warren.

Then CNN should frame it this way.

1 minute ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

If Bloomberg drops tomorrow it'll be tough for Sanders to compete going forward.  Not many Bloomberg-to-Sanders voters out there I wouldn't think.

Actually quite the opposite.  Bloomberg gives Bernie an actual opponent at the upcoming debates.  Biden will also have to engage Bernie and speak rather than standing like a statue.