What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2020 Democrat Primary/Caucus Thread*** Biden Is Your Demoractic Nominee (2 Viewers)

I’d rather not get into a debate over politics. Plus, it surely wouldn’t solve anything between us (or anyone else). Involved discussions concerning politics isn’t my bag.

Please forgive me, but I’d rather just leave my post at face value. People can agree or disagree.
Haha.  "i'm going to type something baseless and when called to back it up, explain that I'd rather not."

There’s nothing wrong with stating an opinion & leaving it at that. Plus, the issues I’m referring to are the least of the Democratic party’s problems in regards to beating Trump.

Anyway, just like in the Shark Pool, it’s acceptable to state your opinion on a player & let it stand. I said everything in my post I wanted to say (for now).

Oh, and also, Jerry Rice was not a HOFer, he just benefited from having the best QB ever throwing to him. 

Biden & Sanders are well below par as candidates go, but it doesn’t really matter. The Democratic party is dying fast. I’d venture to say you won’t see another democrat in the WH for quite some time. 

The American people have had enough of their BS, not to mention their stance on a few key issues. This novel dynamic has been brewing for awhile, but went viral with the impeachment. The nail was already in the coffin, but the latest nonsense is hastening their demise.

I, for one, am glad they’ll have to restructure at the very least. It’s simply a party of what’s wrong with politics. 
I don't know if you realize this or not, but this is almost verbatim (if you replace Dem with Repub and use Repub politicians of course) what the Dems were saying about the GOP during the "tea party" years...almost word for word.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m really not interested in discussing politics, so I think I’ll go post in a thread about the Democratic nominee on a politics forum.
A gave a very accurate description of the Democratic party as it stands now. That should be enough.

Two of the weakest potential nominees in history & a party who makes policy simply to get votes. Supports abortion, but supposedly are the champions of the weak & vulnerable. Idiots in power like the New Jersey governor who used CV as a way to stop gun purchases. Just who TF does he think he is? Congenital males being allowed to compete against congenital females in Connecticut, keeping the girls from getting scholarships.

There's so much nonsense I don't know where to begin. For one, find better candidates. Unbelievable. Secondly, & most importantly, re-think your whole idealization. 

A gave a very accurate description of the Democratic party as it stands now. That should be enough.

Two of the weakest potential nominees in history & a party who makes policy simply to get votes. Supports abortion, but supposedly are the champions of the weak & vulnerable. Idiots in power like the New Jersey governor who used CV as a way to stop gun purchases. Just who TF does he think he is? Congenital males being allowed to compete against congenital females in Connecticut, keeping the girls from getting scholarships.

There's so much nonsense I don't know where to begin. For one, find better candidates. Unbelievable. Secondly, & most importantly, re-think your whole idealization. 
The Democrats definitely need to find better candidates.  Biden can't be the best they have to offer.    

Why Trump succeeded in capturing the Republican Party in 2016, and why Bernie failed in 2020, in one stupid chart: https://twitter.com/karpmj/status/1245746641535205376
I'm going to take tim's tack right now and say that this is a very, very bad thing for Republicans and the majority of Americans, writ large. It used to be that media distrust could be viewed as a positive because of the obvious media bias, sensationalism, and crafting of narrative, but now I'm convinced that people are believing in things that aren't truth, that mere lay opinions rather than facts are ruling the day, and that the state of this condition isn't a good one. I understand that "burning it down" and "draining the swamp" were attractive ideas, and were to some friends of mine, but when the pandemic hits the fan, a competent and strong executive is what is needed, not an executive bowing to federalist theory and junk science.

This is what we've got right now. Federalist theory and junk science masquerading as effective government, all due to the will of a people that will not trust its central news organs. News organs that have been reduced to pleading with people within their own catch slogans to come back to the facts, a la CNN. Whether this is deserved or not is a question of little or no debate to me - they haven't earned the trust to craft a non-sensationalist or apolitical narrative -- but we need belief in those news organs now more than anything. It's quite the paradox. I hope everyone learns from the last four years before the death toll mounts. 

KiddLattimer said:
"BREAKING: Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers issued a last-minute order halting in-person voting on Tuesday amid coronavirus concerns, calling for suspending  statewide and local elections until June 9."

https://twitter.com/natashakorecki/status/1247219989419044864?s=19
And the Wisconsin supreme court blocks it.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1247288752747274241?s=19

They're willing to send people to their graves to try to get this primary over as fast as possible. Sickening.

And the Wisconsin supreme court blocks it.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1247288752747274241?s=19

They're willing to send people to their graves to try to get this primary over as fast as possible. Sickening.
You realize the election that matters tomorrow is the State Supreme Court right?

The election is happening tomorrow because Republicans want to disenfranchise as many as possible to ensure a lasting conservative majority.

It has nothing to do with the primary.

You realize the election that matters tomorrow is the State Supreme Court right?

The election is happening tomorrow because Republicans want to disenfranchise as many as possible to ensure a lasting conservative majority.

It has nothing to do with the primary.
Yea I didn't realize that when I posted, but saw that later... I was basing it on Mr. 'I listen to the scientists' sending his voters to die when I posted it

It's terribly messed up from everyone involved.

Yikes 

I think our man @beef was one of them, hope he didn’t get the plague
Alive and well for the time being.  We'll see in two weeks...  

I'm in a very small community.  We had 120 absentee ballots, waiting on 25 more.  Normal election we get about 5-10 total.  Total turnout (absentee and live) was 220, 75 in person, which is pretty high turnout considering a November Presidential election brings in about 260.   

Alive and well for the time being.  We'll see in two weeks...  

I'm in a very small community.  We had 120 absentee ballots, waiting on 25 more.  Normal election we get about 5-10 total.  Total turnout (absentee and live) was 220, 75 in person, which is pretty high turnout considering a November Presidential election brings in about 260.   
Glad so many did the absentee...

Not sure I’m getting the point here. 
It's a running joke for every time a Dem dropped out of the race:

It is time, Amy Klobuchar: https://imgur.com/a/lgk4UGI

Except for Sanders the guy added Eugene Debs, MLK & FDR.  

Dem leadership better get on the stick now and get alternative voting plans in place.

With what the R's pulled in Wisconsin, it's quite clear that their party will do anything necessary to suppress voting in cities.

5 polling place open in Milwaukee?  Dem leadership has to assume that republicans will do whatever they can to limit voting availability and have plans in place.

Dem leadership better get on the stick now and get alternative voting plans in place.

With what the R's pulled in Wisconsin, it's quite clear that their party will do anything necessary to suppress voting in cities.

5 polling place open in Milwaukee?  Dem leadership has to assume that republicans will do whatever they can to limit voting availability and have plans in place.
No one could have foreseen this virus affecting the election in November. Or something along those lines.

Trump deserved to be impeached.  It's ironic you use the phrase "gone viral" because impeachment and Trump's inept handling of this virus will be his legacy.  The man peddles BS daily to the American public and the right wing gobbles it up.  A man like him would not make it a week in a normal business that requires competency.

The democratic party has its issues, sure.  But the GOP is a scourge on America at this point.  They have no values other than power.  They're good sacrificing all values in pursuit of more power, from federal judges, supreme court justices, Trump's positions on many issues, his personal conduct both in office and before...it's all fair game in order to get what they want.

You're using basically Trump's attack method, which is to accuse the other party/person of all of your own failings.  Again, the dems have issues but at least they're competent.  Trump and his GOP?  Not competent.
Let's assume everything you wrote is true. 

Why in tarnation couldn't the Democrats end up with a better candidate than Biden?  As much as I disagree with Sanders and Warren on policies, I respect them as people (Sanders more so, Warren is still better than Joe).  The D even had somewhat decent candidates a few months ago but they couldn't get sufficient support. 

The Ds had 4 years to get their #### together and they wind up with possibly the only candidates who make Trump look palatable.

Why in tarnation couldn't the Democrats end up with a better candidate than Biden?  As much as I disagree with Sanders and Warren on policies, I respect them as people (Sanders more so, Warren is still better than Joe).  The D even had somewhat decent candidates a few months ago but they couldn't get sufficient support. 

The Ds had 4 years to get their #### together and they wind up with possibly the only candidates who make Trump look palatable.
How in the world does Biden make Trump look palatable?  Biden is a centrist in the Obama mold.  Nobody in their right mind who would vote for Sanders or Warren would turn around and vote for Trump over Biden.  if anything Biden is too milquetoast but that's what's needed to seize the vast majority of dems and win back the working class somewhat.  Just look how Biden crushed Hillary's numbers in the midwest.  Once we oust Trump, then we can debate between centrist and progressive, but for now we need to ensure that Trump is gone, and a centrist candidate who appeals to minorities and the working class is what's needed. 

Black voters decide who the Democratic nominee is. Black voters like Joe Biden. 

Its really that simple. 

Black voters decide who the Democratic nominee is. Black voters like Joe Biden. 

Its really that simple. 
But should they? 

How in the world does Biden make Trump look palatable?  Biden is a centrist in the Obama mold.  Nobody in their right mind who would vote for Sanders or Warren would turn around and vote for Trump over Biden.  if anything Biden is too milquetoast but that's what's needed to seize the vast majority of dems and win back the working class somewhat.  Just look how Biden crushed Hillary's numbers in the midwest.  Once we oust Trump, then we can debate between centrist and progressive, but for now we need to ensure that Trump is gone, and a centrist candidate who appeals to minorities and the working class is what's needed. 
Creepy Joe makes a lot of people look better than they are. I'm not necessarily talking his policies. 

Policy wise Joe is ok. Not great, but ok. 

We'll see if Joe can oust Trump. I wouldn't bet on it.

His VP selection will be key. 

If Joe picks duckworth, whitmer or Harris his chances increase bigly.

I guarantee I'd vote for VP Duckworth.

Other than that, I'm not going to feel great on either side.

I think turnout from Bernie supporters will be a bigger issue for Biden than them voting for Trump
I'm betting they turn out significantly better for Joe than they did for Hillary.  Bernie's dropped out early and he's been getting killed in the primaries.  If Joe's smart, he'll make sure that everyone knows that Bernie's platform is important to him. 

But should they? 

Creepy Joe makes a lot of people look better than they are. I'm not necessarily talking his policies. 

Policy wise Joe is ok. Not great, but ok. 

We'll see if Joe can oust Trump. I wouldn't bet on it.

His VP selection will be key. 

If Joe picks duckworth, whitmer or Harris his chances increase bigly.
I don't think anyone thinks Joe is creepy other than hardcore Trump supporters.  If anything, as the voting has shown, Joe is extremely relateable and likeable. 

I'm betting they turn out significantly better for Joe than they did for Hillary.  Bernie's dropped out early and he's been getting killed in the primaries.  If Joe's smart, he'll make sure that everyone knows that Bernie's platform is important to him. 
I'm not sure. There's a lot of Berners who are pretty frustrated with the system overall. With Hillary it was more spiteful because it was more of a feeling of getting screwed by the DNC... I could see why people would spite vote for Trump. This time it's more of a feeling that there's no way to break through with the Dems and there's no Bernie 2024 so why even bother.

Maybe I'm just projecting because that's the way I feel but I've talked to a few people who feel similarly.

Of course the Virus will probably mess all of this up so who really knows at this point.

I don't think anyone thinks Joe is creepy other than hardcore Trump supporters.  If anything, as the voting has shown, Joe is extremely relateable and likeable. 
Your first sentence is simply untrue.  I'm not a Trump supporter, let alone hardcore. Do you think tara Reade and other past staffers are lying and became Trump supporters?

The second seems to be true. 

Your first sentence is simply untrue.  I'm not a Trump supporter, let alone hardcore. Do you think tara Reade and other past staffers are lying and became Trump supporters?

The second seems to be true. 
Not calling you a Trump supporter, just that I've never heard anyone else call Biden creepy.  I guess one gal said he made her uncomfortable?

Regardless, most of America sees Biden for what he is, the safest bet to beat Trump.  Just a milquetoast guy will restore dignity back to the office and the US who will listen to his advisers and try to unite the country. 

Users who are viewing this thread