Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
quick-hands

Dantonio out at Michigan State

7 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

He’s also brutally honest about his alma mater, which many Spartan fanboys can’t take. Thus the lack of Spartan fans calling in.

His show should be real good today. :lol:

Half the time I think Valenti does that just for ratings, to show "Hey..I am not biased"  Plus his lackey Sully acts like a Michigan fan but really isn't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bcat01 said:

:clap:

:clap: - I wanted to 2nd that. Selfishly, I wish Fick would be the permanent coach at UC but realistically I know he'll move on to a bigger program that pays more at some point.

3 hours ago, Capella said:

Guy won 40 games in his last 4 seasons at Wiscy and made 3 Rose bowls. What exactly are you expecting MSU to find out there? 

That.......that was a long time ago.  And let's not forget the iron thumb of Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin who has a heavy hand in everything there.  Absent the Alvarez umbrella, Bielema has been the picture of failure.  I'm all for them giving him an opportunity because I think that corrupt and insidious institution deserves nothing but the worst for what they did to their female students, but it wouldn't be a hire I'd be excited about.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

That.......that was a long time ago.  And let's not forget the iron thumb of Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin who has a heavy hand in everything there.  Absent the Alvarez umbrella, Bielema has been the picture of failure.  I'm all for them giving him an opportunity because I think that corrupt and insidious institution deserves nothing but the worst for what they did to their female students, but it wouldn't be a hire I'd be excited about.

I mean, he had 3 winning seasons out of 5 at Arkansas which may be the worst power 5 job who thinks it’s a good job. Not saying he is Bill Belichick but his stint there gets a bit overblown. Dude was in the SEC west with a losing hand recruiting wise every year. He deserved to get fired but they haven’t exactly lit it up since he left either. 

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

I mean, he had 3 winning seasons out of 5 at Arkansas which may be the worst power 5 job who thinks it’s a good job. Not saying he is Bill Belichick but his stint there gets a bit overblown. Dude was in the SEC west with a losing hand recruiting wise every year. He deserved to get fired but they haven’t exactly lit it up since he left either. 

Yeah, but that recruiting failure was mostly his fault.  He didn't adapt to what the state of Arkansas had to offer and he tried repeatedly to instill a Midwest football mindset and style to a program that doesn't have those types of players available in its backyard.  His recruiting was abysmal there and it was largely his fault.  

Maybe he learns from it.  Maybe MSU will be a good fit.  But my god, ask some Arkansas fans how they feel about him.

5 hours ago, Capella said:

Guy won 40 games in his last 4 seasons at Wiscy and made 3 Rose bowls. What exactly are you expecting MSU to find out there? 

I think it's a done deal for BB.  Nobody better waiting at their door.

• Thanks 1

When you strike out all night at the bar, suddenly the fatty doesn’t look so bad when it’s 1:55 am and you’ve had eight G&Ts.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

When you strike out all night at the bar, suddenly the fatty doesn’t look so bad when it’s 1:55 am and you’ve had eight G&Ts.

A "2" at 10 is a "10" at 2.

• Laughing 1

It looks like Jen Bielema has toned down her social media game

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Capella said:

And we don't miss him ONE bit.  Wouldn't trade Chryst for him in a million years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Well we can all agree on one thing...

Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan are NFL head coaches.

I used to like Sully, but there was an article on Detroit Sports Rag about how Sully and Valenti conspired to get rid of Valentis long time partner Terry Foster when he came back from his stroke.  Valenti liked being a one man show with Sully as his yes man sidekick.  When Terry came back both of them were totally intolerant of him because he was a bit slower in speech but come on the man was stil lrecovering from his stroke and is a big reason Valenti even got a start in Detroit radio.

Forster and Valenti were close friends off the radio as well and rumor has it they have nor spoke since Foster was dumped from the show. Ever since I read that Sully has rubbed me the wrong way..Valenti has always rubbed me the wrong way but that is why I probably listen to him.  More that half his audience hates him.

bert bulemia is not a good football coach take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phunktrain said:

LOL

Ahh yes. The “fine you’re ugly anyway” response to rejection. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:34 AM, Da Guru said:

Just reported on 97.1 they said Fickel`s wife did not like the culture at MSU and that is why he bailed.

jesus, Luke, don't throw your wife to the wolves like that

8 minutes ago, phunktrain said:

LOL

MSUs biggest problem has always been their board of trustees.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I can't like this post enough

5 hours ago, Da Guru said:

I used to like Sully, but there was an article on Detroit Sports Rag about how Sully and Valenti conspired to get rid of Valentis long time partner Terry Foster when he came back from his stroke.  Valenti liked being a one man show with Sully as his yes man sidekick.  When Terry came back both of them were totally intolerant of him because he was a bit slower in speech but come on the man was stil lrecovering from his stroke and is a big reason Valenti even got a start in Detroit radio.

Forster and Valenti were close friends off the radio as well and rumor has it they have nor spoke since Foster was dumped from the show. Ever since I read that Sully has rubbed me the wrong way..Valenti has always rubbed me the wrong way but that is why I probably listen to him.  More that half his audience hates him.

This is what my FIL listens to and so over the last 10+ years, I've listened to him quite a bit in his car.  Valenti is solid but he should do what most top-shelf sports shows do and dump the callers altogether.  There is no dumber segment of the populace than people that phone into sports talk programs.  I think he takes the calls just to screw with his audience and he trolls them quite well, but it's beneath him.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Can MSU pay a top notch coach AND his staff?  I mean.....$500 million settlement is pretty steep.

Apparently yes, as Mel Tucker came around after MSU upped their original offer big time. What would have been a solid hire a week ago looks like an amazing hire today. 

9 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I just cannot understand Tucker's decision. Why would you do that?

Money?

17 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Tons of money

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I can think of 5 million ways

2 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Money?

2 hours ago, Capella said:

Tons of money

Is MSU really paying that much more than Colorado? If so - why? The Pac 12 is that hard up for cash?

44 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Is MSU really paying that much more than Colorado? If so - why? The Pac 12 is that hard up for cash?

The Big probably makes 3-4x more money than the PAC does every year. 

And MSU doubled his salary and staff salary. 

Edited by Capella

I'm underwhelmed.  I wanted a change, but was hoping for Fickel/Narduzzi.  Guess beggars can't be choosers at this point.  We're in for a long transition period I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, Keerock said:

I'm underwhelmed.  I wanted a change, but was hoping for Fickel/Narduzzi.  Guess beggars can't be choosers at this point.  We're in for a long transition period I'm afraid.

It appears from reports yesterday on the Valenti show is Dantone wanted to coach this year and then name his successor.  When he found out MSU was starting a search on their own for a year down the road he abruptly quit.  Like "Screw you" to MSU.   The puzzling thing though is why would MSU give him a job at 1 million a year to hang around and do nothing?

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

It appears from reports yesterday on the Valenti show is Dantone wanted to coach this year and then name his successor.  When he found out MSU was starting a search on their own for a year down the road he abruptly quit.  Like "Screw you" to MSU.   The puzzling thing though is why would MSU give him a job at 1 million a year to hang around and do nothing?

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.  I don't know what stories to believe.  Either way, I'm actually glad Mark is out, just not overwhelmed with the replacement.

4 hours ago, whoknew said:

My guess is they never offered Tucker the job and he was being interviewed as a maybe with Fickell also a maybe. He didn’t really want to hang on as a backup plan and thought it was better to just say he was out and get credit (in Colorado) for turning down a job he didn’t think he would be offered. 
It’s hard to know what really went on though considering Michigan State’s reporters made up a new false report every day for the last week. 

Great press conference. Very cool having his wife and sons introduce him.

I’m cautiously optimistic about tucker, don’t know how it will work but I’m excited for something different. Dantonio was running the program into the ground. So I’m overall excited.

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3

3 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Great press conference. Very cool having his wife and sons introduce him.

I’m cautiously optimistic about tucker, don’t know how it will work but I’m excited for something different. Dantonio was running the program into the ground. So I’m overall excited.

Who knows what will happen.  The only thing we do know if Dantone stayed on things were only going to get worse.  Tucker took the $$$$ so good for him as I would do the same.   The BIG east is very tough so at least he is going to get paid just like Harbaugh.  Although I doubt either one is going to overtake OSU for awhile, and Penn State is not going away.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:35 AM, Da Guru said:
On 2/11/2020 at 11:26 AM, phunktrain said:

LOL

and covering up massive sexual abuse but after that definitely the board of trustees take that to the bank bromigos 

• Like 1