What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox LEGO Masters (2 Viewers)

I was a Lego master from about 1974 to around 1987. Remember the Space Lego guy in the legos movie? That was me.

Now, 32 years later, we have a collection of about 3/4th of a plastic bin. Maybe I will watch and try some recreations.

Last edited by a moderator:
DVR down?
Ratings are only for live shows because DVR viewers fast forward through commercials. My son goes to bed at 10 so we can catch live. Im just saying seems like a dumb idea to put a show revolved around kids that ends at 10pm. Wouldn't they want to capture their target audience?

I put it on my DVR during superbowl but my kids still want to watch the damn thing live.  

Ratings are only for live shows because DVR viewers fast forward through commercials. My son goes to bed at 10 so we can catch live. Im just saying seems like a dumb idea to put a show revolved around kids that ends at 10pm. Wouldn't they want to capture their target audience?
fair points  :thumbup:

I got physically angry during the commercial when they took a bat to one of the builds, flashbacks to my brother destroying some of my masterpieces.  No way I can watch others do such injustice 

:blackdot:

My 7-year old son loves his Legos (Minecraft, especially), so we're in.  The daughter will like it, too.

I was a Lego master from about 1974 to around 1987. Remember the Space Lego guy in the legos movie? That was me.

Now, 32 years later, we have a collection of about 3/4th of a plastic bin. Maybe I will watch and try some recreations.
This is fascinating and cool. Can you link to the scenes in the Lego movies where Space Lego guy is?

Nothing to do with the show, but a guy I knew in law school quit his job as a lawyer to become a Lego artist. He’s incredibly talented and has toured all over the world. I went to see his exhibit in Manhattan and it was jaw-droppingly good. 

He’s more known for his artistic works, but I also really like his T Rex: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/31/2398898/lead-dinosaur-420x0.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.feeldesain.com/nathan-sawaya-the-art-of-the-brick.html&tbnid=l8xQFyY4Of7ZHM&vet=1&docid=PeoDJ49ItU0FyM&w=420&h=266&q=nathan+sawaya+t+rex&hl=en-us&source=sh/x/im

Not that it matters but they have ratings for dvr shows.   I think it's something like if it's watched within 5 days or something.

I'll have to find the article

Show was awesome and everyone is so talented. I agreed the winner. Kind of hoping lady with big hair and facial expressions and dude in the dress are kicked off. Rooting for the dad and son. And Will Arnett is hilarious. 

Show was awesome and everyone is so talented. I agreed the winner. Kind of hoping lady with big hair and facial expressions and dude in the dress are kicked off. Rooting for the dad and son. And Will Arnett is hilarious. 
We watched to the first commercial break with the kids and shut it down for later dvr viewing (much to their disappointment).

I was surprised how good it was- director/producers/editors have some fun with it, trying new ways of maneovering what could be a tired concept. And Arnett... Lol...love him, even though extreme pangs of sorrow hearing his voice NOT as Bojack as a reminder that that show is done 

We watched to the first commercial break with the kids and shut it down for later dvr viewing (much to their disappointment).

I was surprised how good it was- director/producers/editors have some fun with it, trying new ways of maneovering what could be a tired concept. And Arnett... Lol...love him, even though extreme pangs of sorrow hearing his voice NOT as Bojack as a reminder that that show is done 
I did the same with my youngest (11yo) who is big into Lego (i learned that to be the plural pronounciation last night - Thanks Will Arnett!).

We picked it up this morning before his bus came and he really enjoyed it.  He thought the Ferris Wheel and TimberTown were the best there.  He's excited for the next episode as he loves the space theme.  He has many, many Star Wars lego in his room.  It's a neat show that we both can get into.  He must've asked me multiple times if we could be the father/son team - i told him as long as he's the brains, I'll be happy to be the muscle to click the bricks together. 

Fun concept for a show - Arnett makes it entertaining for sure.

I wasn't sure how they would make this interesting, but it's better than I thought.  Don't know if this is must see each week, but if I have some free time it's better than whatever law, fire, police drama is on prime time channels. 

The son and I both liked it.

If you liked this show if you should look up the LEGO “great ball contraptions” on youTube. GBC for short. Those guys build some amazing Rube Goldberg-esq motorized LEGO machines. 

I can’t find it but one of the guys that’s built the pharaoh theme park builds transformer themed LEGO creations that can transform from robot to car, plane etc. they are amazing.

Nothing to do with the show, but a guy I knew in law school quit his job as a lawyer to become a Lego artist. He’s incredibly talented and has toured all over the world. I went to see his exhibit in Manhattan and it was jaw-droppingly good. 

He’s more known for his artistic works, but I also really like his T Rex: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/31/2398898/lead-dinosaur-420x0.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.feeldesain.com/nathan-sawaya-the-art-of-the-brick.html&tbnid=l8xQFyY4Of7ZHM&vet=1&docid=PeoDJ49ItU0FyM&w=420&h=266&q=nathan+sawaya+t+rex&hl=en-us&source=sh/x/im
He had an exhibition at the science center in Pittsburgh a year or two back. It was really cool. He is very talented.

I think some of them were over coached to say the least.  Big hair was by far the worst offender. Some of the outfits were almost cartoonish too. I don’t need “themed” contestants like Amazing Race. Just build some cool stuff!

Pretty good show. I laughed out loud when they said you have 15 hours. I’d curl up on the table and go to sleep. 

Great show.  Nice to have a good show the entire family sits around and enjoys.  

Of course my kids want these Lego Creator sets now.  

That's awesome, his stuff is incredible. I've seen his exhibit a couple of times, most recently at the Perot museum in Dallas. Really cool. I like the recreations of famous paintings. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This show is pretty much the Will Arnett Show with some Lego building in the background.  

And honestly, it's probably better because of that.  He cracks me up.  He plays such a great #####.  Makes me wonder if he's actually like that in real life.  Either way, it's a funny persona on the big/little screen.

This show is pretty much the Will Arnett Show with some Lego building in the background.  

And honestly, it's probably better because of that.  He cracks me up.  He plays such a great #####.  Makes me wonder if he's actually like that in real life.  Either way, it's a funny persona on the big/little screen.
That dude just always seems creepy to me.

Love the show though. The builders are creating some cool stuff.

Glad big hair is gone, couldn't stand her facial expressions when they were all in a group.  Not sure if it was over coaching from the producers or just her being wierd (a duck themed amusement park?).  Not sure how you can be considered a "lego master" and try to build a large object and have the bottom plates fall apart.

If I am going to be building lego for 15 hours, no way I am wearing a suit and tie.

Arnett's little comments and glares into the camera are the best

I watched for the first time this past week.  Maybe my expectation was too high, but I was a bit underwhelmed.  It had some interesting moments and some entertaining shtick by Arnett.  The Lego builds were cool to see.  There were way too many staged/fabricated moments to create faux drama where there simply didn't need to be drama.  I will likely watch again if it is convenient, but won't make an effort to watch.  

I watched for the first time this past week.  Maybe my expectation was too high, but I was a bit underwhelmed.  It had some interesting moments and some entertaining shtick by Arnett.  The Lego builds were cool to see.  There were way too many staged/fabricated moments to create faux drama where there simply didn't need to be drama.  I will likely watch again if it is convenient, but won't make an effort to watch.  
I honestly can’t think of any faux drama in that show. 

Users who are viewing this thread