What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fox LEGO Masters (1 Viewer)

I honestly can’t think of any faux drama in that show. 
I questioned whether all the teams were really just placing their final lego piece on the board as the 15 hour timer clicked to double zeros, but I"m kind of used to that happening with every baker every single week  on the British Baking show.

I watch both of these with my daughter and enjoy it, but would not watch either if she wasn't into it.  For whatever reason, watching stupid tv shows with dad is cool in our household, while watching stupid youtube videos on her tablet by herself is bad.

I watched for the first time this past week.  Maybe my expectation was too high, but I was a bit underwhelmed.  It had some interesting moments and some entertaining shtick by Arnett.  The Lego builds were cool to see.  There were way too many staged/fabricated moments to create faux drama where there simply didn't need to be drama.  I will likely watch again if it is convenient, but won't make an effort to watch.  
I think they were playing around with the drama- the show (first week) definitely played with reality/contest/show mores... with obviously staged moments between arnett and the contestants.

the wife wondered whether their 15 hours was straight, or spread out over the course of a few days.

I think they were playing around with the drama- the show (first week) definitely played with reality/contest/show mores... with obviously staged moments between arnett and the contestants.

the wife wondered whether their 15 hours was straight, or spread out over the course of a few days.
I wonder about the 15 hours too because that seems almost impossible. I read it takes 12 hours to film 1 episode of chopped. How many weeks were they shooting this for? 

Arnett must have one hell of a trailer. 

Had the same thought.  15 hours in a day seems unlikely -- especially for the older folks considering they're standing the whole time.
I would think it's over multiple days, like SyFy's Face/Off.  They just don't bother showing the breakdown of each day ending.  

Big fan of the blonde cosplay chick and the judge
The girl that’s with the gay dude, I can’t tell if she’s sneaky hot or if she’s makeup pretty. 

And I also can’t tell if I like the judge chick only for her accent. Like if she had a New Jersey accent, would she still be as cute?

The girl that’s with the gay dude, I can’t tell if she’s sneaky hot or if she’s makeup pretty. 

And I also can’t tell if I like the judge chick only for her accent. Like if she had a New Jersey accent, would she still be as cute?
She's not sneaky hot she's legitimately hot. Check out her Instagram I posted above

I am enjoying the show. It seems to have found a balance of total brainlessness and keeping me interested.

I'm still liking the show and enjoying the deconstruction of reality contest show canons via arnetts asides.

I'd actually like to see more specifics of how they're accomplishing their builds and less "drama".

We’re enjoying the builds and the concepts, but so much of it feels forced to me. Almost all of the interactions between teammates, teams, Arnett, and the experts seem awkward and forced. I’m not sure if it is, or if it’s just because so much gets clipped into tiny sound bites and we lose context. Either way, every single contestant and the experts all seem like caricatures and totally fake to me.

just catching up....having a hard time sympathizing over how stressed out a guy could be while he is wearing a vest with no shirt and rocking a braided mohawk pony tail with a pretty little flower in it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like you don't understand Lego

:rant:

Lol.

Loved that. It was possibly the lowest of low shots that could've been taken in this group.
I was watching this episode with my 11yo lego loving son last night.  When the dress guy yelled this at his partner, my son's jaw dropped!  He looked at me and said "He didn't just say that!  Tell me he didn't just say that!  That's a low blow!"  Deadpan serious and pissed off.  He went on a little tirade about how the genius behind Space Cats vs Dogs is complaining that someone else doesn't know lego!  I had to pause the show I was laughing so hard.

Needless to say, when I woke him up this morning to get ready for school, I told him his teach emailed a new project for him about Space Cats.  He threw his pillow at me as I left the room.  :lmao:

Loving this show as are the kids.

Local family just sent around a request to do a LEGO masters game. Starting tomorrow they are sending around a project and families are supposed to build it and send picture of it around. Sounds like fun in a world of reduced play dates, etc. so we aren’t sitting around watching TV all day. Anyway, thought I would post in case other families are into this show. 

Users who are viewing this thread