Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ilov80s

2020 Oscars: Once Upon a Sunday

Best Picture   

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Seen Once Upon a Time, Marriage Story, Parasite and Ford vs. Ferrari.  Voted Parasite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Those are tough but I would go AF, Klaus, Parasite and 1917

 

16 hours ago, Hov34 said:

All of them.  I'm only undecided on the following:

Doc Feature - American Factory or For Soma

Animated Feature - Toy Story 4 or Klaus

Film Editing - Ford v Ferrari or Parasite

Visual Effects - 1917 or Avengers

 

FWIW, I was listening to The Big Picture podcast and their predictions.  Pretty sure they went AF, TS4, Parasite, and 1917.  

Editing is always a weird one, and they seem to fluctuate between giving it to something b/c of the flow and pace and something because of the sheer volume of footage you have to piece together a movie fro, and that is what Parasite vs. FvF decision is between.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 9:36 PM, The Dreaded Marco said:

It comes down to Once Upon A Time In Hollywood vs. Parasite for me.

 

Same.  I would give Once Upon a Time a slight edge.  Neither was a Godfather / Lawrence of Arabia masterpiece, but they were the best of the year with a pretty big gap to #3 for me.

At the same time, I find Q. Tarantino absolutely insufferable and hate to see him win anything. I'm expecting 1917 to win, or maybe Parasite due to the politics of its themes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not entirely sure why, but this thread sent me to YouTube to watch the funniest scene from any movie ever for me.  I think I've probably watched this scene 100 times and I still watch it anytime I need a laugh, as it always delivers.

Like a gd dump truck

ETA:  Voted for Once Upon a Time as it's the only movie in that list I've seen.

Edited by doowain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody wanna bet me for charity against QT winning director? isnt this his 9th film, the "end" of his cycle? and isn't this fairly well set on Sunset and about the movie biz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Ilov80s said:

 

Do the Oscars even matter in 2020?

 

8 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

anybody wanna bet me for charity against QT winning director? isnt this his 9th film, the "end" of his cycle? and isn't this fairly well set on Sunset and about the movie biz?

I do think that Mendes is going to win for Director, 1917 for picture, and then maybe QT with his usual original screenplay win (if that).  

I think your post ties directly into 80s' question though, and it's one of the many reasons that I think the Oscars are a bit broken, and have been for some time.  Maybe it's just me being too competitive and too much of a purist, but to me these awards should be for the best of the year in the categories.   It's not a popularity contest, and they have a lifetime achievement award they can use to fix the dumb ### decisions they've made in the past.  

What I am trying to say is that Mendes should absolutely win for best director this year.   The problem is, you step back and take a look at the Oscars and say, "WTF  - if that happens, Mendes will get his 2nd director Oscar and Scorsese only has 1 and QT hasn't won one in that category yet???"  and then the scrambling and the cluster#### begins.  

I am not going to pretend to have the answers, but a few things that I think are wrong about the Academy Awards, especially if they are looking to make them so people want to start watching and caring again:

1.  what I said above - too many times what is best for a category on a given year is passed over to give it to somebody that hasn't one yet.  Then you get great artists winning for their lesser works.  

2.  So many categories seem like locks weeks before the actual awards.  Now that we have 24/7 coverage from the SAGs to the BAFTAs, etc.. and know how they tie in and predict the Oscars, there are very few surprises anymore.  

3.   There needs to be more diversity.  Not sure if that means a category for best debut film, have a female director category, but something should give.  

4.  Piggybacking on the above, every year the best female lead performance category seems to suck as they jam in the same handful of names.  

5.  If they care about Joe Public (probably not), they probably need to do a combo of having the nominations a little bit easier to watch and for a longer time and/or incorporating more genre movies into the mix somehow.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw them all, one of the best years for movies in a long long time, may have to go back to the 90's...

Parasite... masterwork, glad to see it nominated, probably related to best international

1917... walked out of the theater awed, its incredible craftsmanship, but I have to say, it didn't stick with me.  A remarkable achievement... not sure to what end, did I learn palpably more about war from the experience?  A little Birdman, a little Private Ryan, not the best picture IMO

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood... more great work, if I was betting I'd bet on this as a good money longer odds choice.  QT will have to settle for Screenplay, I'd rather see him win best director... but the best directing job this year to me was....

Little Women.  Wonderful work by Gerwig taking a tired story and breathing great life into it in structure, she was seriously snubbed and I can't believe they didn't get the editing nomination.

Jojo Rabbit... some really awful titles this year...literally made me almost not want to see it.  Phenomenal experience, won't win but another great directing job and a journey on the level of parasite.

Ford v Ferrari.... in no way I expected to love it as much as I did, a testament to star power, I don't know if any two actors could have gotten you through the set up to the point of where it pays off and pays off handsomely, great stuff.

The Irishman... fan service ultimately... but I'm a fan and I was satisfied

Marriage Story... went it to it with hype and it is a very well crafted movie, Baumbach is a real talent and getting better... the love child of Woody Allen and Wes Anderson

The Joker... enjoyed it... but months after seeing it, totally over nominated.  The movie is the performance and its fairly one note.  I really feel like Endgame was a better nod as a lifetime achievement to the MCU ala the The Return of the King.   

I do think Uncut Gems got snubbed, it was fairly polarizing but Sandler gave the performance of the year in my book, that was an actual character who had layers and nuance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

anybody wanna bet me for charity against QT winning director? isnt this his 9th film, the "end" of his cycle? and isn't this fairly well set on Sunset and about the movie biz?

boy I didn't realize he never won best director, pulling hard for him now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen Little Women; I want to force myself to see this due to the cast, but I haven't been able to.  I might be the only adult female on earth who's never read the book.

I also haven't seen Ford v. Ferrari.  Is that the real title to a real movie?  WTH?

I've made my love for Parasite known here, and it's still my favorite of the nominees by a large margin.

Getting into my favorite part of Oscar season, the shorts!  I'm not kidding.  Always make it a point to see these during their annual one-week run in the theaters, but due to too much work I missed the documentaries this year.  Hope to see them online soon.

The lineup of nominated animated shorts was perhaps the best I've ever seen, or at least the best in several years.  Though all but one of them would be worthy winners (the exception being "Kitbull," which was sweet and lovely but just not at the same level), my favorite was "Mémorable."  The animation and the story for both this one and "Dcera" were particularly outstanding. If you guys have a chance to see this program of shorts, don't miss it.

I was less impressed overall with the live-action shorts, but then again I always am.  Still, I think three of them were very good, with my favorite being "Brotherhood."  These are worth seeing, too!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I’ve no desire to see “Judy,” but it’s hard to imagine a better performance by an actress this year than Scarlett Johansson in “Marriage Story.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krista4 said:

Also, I’ve no desire to see “Judy,” but it’s hard to imagine a better performance by an actress this year than Scarlett Johansson in “Marriage Story.”

Marriage Story was my favorite movie this year. Two brilliant performances. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing big/character-y is much easier than playing real but the big roles always get the accolades.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nipsey said:

Marriage Story was my favorite movie this year. Two brilliant performances. 

Definitely.  He was amazing, too.  I just watched the movie tonight, so it’s still sinking in for me.

Did you see The Souvenir?  I keep wanting to hear from someone else who’s seen it.  That movie and Parasite have both haunted me since seeing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

Playing big/character-y is much easier than playing real but the big roles always get the accolades.

Couldn’t agree more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Definitely.  He was amazing, too.  I just watched the movie tonight, so it’s still sinking in for me.

Did you see The Souvenir?  I keep wanting to hear from someone else who’s seen it.  That movie and Parasite have both haunted me since seeing them.

I did not but I did see Parasite a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

I did not but I did see Parasite a few times.

I think that you’d appreciate it, given your love for Marriage Story.  Also the lead actors are mesmerizing, compelling, fantastic.  It’s even bleaker than Marriage Story, though.

ETA:  Thoughts on Parasite?

Edited by krista4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krista4 said:

I think that you’d appreciate it, given your love for Marriage Story.  Also the lead actors are mesmerizing, compelling, fantastic.  It’s even bleaker than Marriage Story, though.

ETA:  Thoughts on Parasite?

LOVED Parasite. Only movie I haven't seen is 1917 (no sag screener). Seeing that (maybe) tomorrow in a theater.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nipsey said:

LOVED Parasite. Only movie I haven't seen is 1917 (no sag screener). Seeing that (maybe) tomorrow in a theater.

I went to see that in a big theater rather than my local artsy one, since it seemed like the way to go.  Had forgotten how much I hate big theaters.  Was worth it, though; I enjoyed the movie more than expected.  I wanted to see it mostly for the directing and editing, but I ended up riveted by the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I went to see that in a big theater rather than my local artsy one, since it seemed like the way to go.  Had forgotten how much I hate big theaters.  Was worth it, though; I enjoyed the movie more than expected.  I wanted to see it mostly for the directing and editing, but I ended up riveted by the story.

I've heard the same. Knowing that you liked it I'm excited to see it.

Edited by Nipsey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, krista4 said:

Also, I’ve no desire to see “Judy,” but it’s hard to imagine a better performance by an actress this year than Scarlett Johansson in “Marriage Story.”

 

6 hours ago, Nipsey said:

Playing big/character-y is much easier than playing real but the big roles always get the accolades.

Judy is very meh and I am a big fan of Judy Garland. Zellweger is transformative in it and the most amazing part is she is actually singing all the songs. She is an incredible singer. If Rami Malek won an Oscar for lip syncing Queen, Zellweger certainly deserves this Oscar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

 

Judy is very meh and I am a big fan of Judy Garland. Zellweger is transformative in it and the most amazing part is she is actually singing all the songs. She is an incredible singer. If Rami Malek won an Oscar for lip syncing Queen, Zellweger certainly deserves this Oscar. 

Just from the clips, i can tell i'm not gonna last much more than ten minutes whenever i load this. it's an imitation, not an embodiment - there's simply no there there. As a boy who, when left alone at home, would either head str8 to me Da's "special" drawer or put on the Palladium or Carnegie Hall albums and belt along w Miss Garland, i can say from the heart & soul - you dont fake Judy.

As we say in the poker world, "you cant put a guy on his hand til he knows what he has". The greatest element to late Garland is that she never knew who she was gonna be from minute-to-minute. Crowd-pleaser, addict, host of some of the most blinding entertainment talent ever seen, desperate woman, diva, star. When she'd perform on TV, it was like watching a chemical reaction, bubbling & gurgling thru the reactive chain before exploding in one fashion or another. i was always transfixed to bear witness, whether in horror, pity or amazement. No matter how well you do, if you only imitate that you insult it and, from the little i've seen, Zellweger only gets the notes and neurosis right.

ETA: If you want to see a recent embodiment of a star of that era, watch Michelle Williams as Gwen Verdon on FX's Fosse/Verdon miniseries. The most freakish inhabitation since Jim Carrey's Andy Kaufman.

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

Just from the clips, i can tell i'm not gonna last much more than ten minutes whenever i load this. it's an imitation, not an embodiment - there's simply no there there. As a boy who, when left alone at home,  i would either head str8 to me Da's "special" drawer or put on the Palladium or Carnegie Hall albums and belt along w Miss Garland, i can say from the heart & soul - you dont fake Judy.

As we say in the poker world, "you cant put a guy on his hand til he knows what he has". The greatest element to late Garland is that she never knew who she was gonna be from minute-to-minute. Crowd-pleaser, addict, host of some of the most blinding entertainment talent ever seen, desperate woman, diva, star. When she'd perform on TV, it was like watching a chemical reaction, bubbling & gurgling thru the reactive chain before exploding in one fashion or another. i was always transfixed to bear witness, whether in horror, pity or amazement. No matter how well you do, if you only imitate that you insult it and, from the little i've seen, Zellweger only gets the notes and neurosis right.

ETA: If you want to see a recent embodiment of a star of that era, watch Michelle Williams as Gwen Verdon on FX's Fosse/Verdon miniseries. The most freakish inhabitation since Jim Carrey's Andy Kaufman.

Fair criticism, she does an amazing impression but given how bad the movie is I am surprised that she is such a huge favorite for Best Actress. 

ETA: though given the history of the award, I shouldn’t be be surprised

Edited by Ilov80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

 

Judy is very meh and I am a big fan of Judy Garland. Zellweger is transformative in it and the most amazing part is she is actually singing all the songs. She is an incredible singer. If Rami Malek won an Oscar for lip syncing Queen, Zellweger certainly deserves this Oscar. 

I agree with this. The movie itself was just OK but Rene's performance was still quite good. I didn't realize Zellweger was actually singing the songs, which definitely gives her a bump, but I was a bit turned off by the dubbing of the sound during the singing parts. The lip syncing just seemed a bit off. 

If there was a biopic that deserved recognition this year, it should have been Rocketman. This was IMO a MUCH better film than both Judy and Bohemian Rhapsody. Egerton was stellar, the musical pieces were excellent and fun as was the dubbing, and the story/script/plot was heartfelt. Lots of great movies in 2019 and this was absolutely one of them. No idea why it's getting no love from the Oscars.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judy garland checks so many boxes as old Hollywood and gay icon, in a year absent many great female lead roles, I think it’s a proxy acknowledgement of her as much as what zellweger did

i haven’t seen it but I’d rather see Ronan acknowledged for carrying a woman based movie and for her recent run of great work.  

Edited by Smack Tripper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for those that really loved Parasite. How many Korean movies/dramas have your seen prior to watching Parasite? 

I wonder if exposure to the style and culture have an affect on the impression of the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, krista4 said:

I haven't seen Little Women; I want to force myself to see this due to the cast, but I haven't been able to.  I might be the only adult female on earth who's never read the book.

I also haven't seen Ford v. Ferrari.  Is that the real title to a real movie?  WTH?

I've made my love for Parasite known here, and it's still my favorite of the nominees by a large margin.

Getting into my favorite part of Oscar season, the shorts!  I'm not kidding.  Always make it a point to see these during their annual one-week run in the theaters, but due to too much work I missed the documentaries this year.  Hope to see them online soon.

The lineup of nominated animated shorts was perhaps the best I've ever seen, or at least the best in several years.  Though all but one of them would be worthy winners (the exception being "Kitbull," which was sweet and lovely but just not at the same level), my favorite was "Mémorable."  The animation and the story for both this one and "Dcera" were particularly outstanding. If you guys have a chance to see this program of shorts, don't miss it.

I was less impressed overall with the live-action shorts, but then again I always am.  Still, I think three of them were very good, with my favorite being "Brotherhood."  These are worth seeing, too!

I think Ford v Ferrari is called Le Mans 66 in the rest of the world 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway I’d like to change my vote to parasite

of the nominees here’s what I’ve seen (and how I’d rank them)

parasite

joker

hollywood

irishman

might watch jojo rabbit tonight.  Would like to see 1917 at some point, no real interest in the others 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EYLive said:

I have a question for those that really loved Parasite. How many Korean movies/dramas have your seen prior to watching Parasite? 

I wonder if exposure to the style and culture have an affect on the impression of the movie.

Oldboy is the only other one that comes to mind for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The company I work for is the North American distributor for Parasite, so I’m obviously biased. But bias aside, I like Parasite more than any of the other nominees that I’ve seen (Hollywood, Irishman, Joker).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw four of them...fairly weak year for Best Picture, imo. Of the ones I saw, I'd rank them:

1. JoJo Rabbit 

2. Ford vs. Ferrari 

3. Joker

4. Once Upon A Time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EYLive said:

I have a question for those that really loved Parasite. How many Korean movies/dramas have your seen prior to watching Parasite? 

I wonder if exposure to the style and culture have an affect on the impression of the movie.

Oldboy, Train to Busan, The Good the Bad and the Weird, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Revenger and Snowpiercer (not sure whether or not that one counts).

Edited by bigbottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after reading this thread, Manchester by the Sea and I Lost My Body are now in the cue!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

Just from the clips, i can tell i'm not gonna last much more than ten minutes whenever i load this. it's an imitation, not an embodiment - there's simply no there there. As a boy who, when left alone at home, would either head str8 to me Da's "special" drawer or put on the Palladium or Carnegie Hall albums and belt along w Miss Garland, i can say from the heart & soul - you dont fake Judy.

As we say in the poker world, "you cant put a guy on his hand til he knows what he has". The greatest element to late Garland is that she never knew who she was gonna be from minute-to-minute. Crowd-pleaser, addict, host of some of the most blinding entertainment talent ever seen, desperate woman, diva, star. When she'd perform on TV, it was like watching a chemical reaction, bubbling & gurgling thru the reactive chain before exploding in one fashion or another. i was always transfixed to bear witness, whether in horror, pity or amazement. No matter how well you do, if you only imitate that you insult it and, from the little i've seen, Zellweger only gets the notes and neurosis right.

ETA: If you want to see a recent embodiment of a star of that era, watch Michelle Williams as Gwen Verdon on FX's Fosse/Verdon miniseries. The most freakish inhabitation since Jim Carrey's Andy Kaufman.

:yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, Don Quixote said:

I'll go with Parasite, with Jojo Rabbit as #2.

I've also seen 1917, The Irishman, and Marriage Story. Going to try getting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in over the next few days (wife hates Tarantino, but she's going out of town, so may be a good opportunity).

I'll throw in a plug for I Lost My Body, which is up for Best Animated Feature. Available on Netflix (and not a kids movie).

I watched Once Upon a Time tonight. Good, but I’m still content with my choice of Parasite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Quixote said:

I watched Once Upon a Time tonight. Good, but I’m still content with my choice of Parasite. 

I watched this for the 2nd time last night.  Some brilliant scenes( "8 ####in whiskey sours?" ), but that ended still knocks it down for me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, identikit said:

:yes:

Right?! My cousin choreographed Miss Williams' numbers in My Week With Marilyn a few years back and made a point of commenting on her insane level of talent and commitment, and she never talks about the talent. When I saw her as Gwen Verdon (who i saw in musicals as a kid) on that show i saw what Kathleen was talking about. She completely reshaped her body to the odd figure of the old Broadway dancers and everything. Uncanny - i was glad to see she took down a bunch of awards even when the show wasnt a hit.

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, Don Quixote said:

I'll go with Parasite, with Jojo Rabbit as #2.

I've also seen 1917, The Irishman, and Marriage Story. Going to try getting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in over the next few days (wife hates Tarantino, but she's going out of town, so may be a good opportunity).

I'll throw in a plug for I Lost My Body, which is up for Best Animated Feature. Available on Netflix (and not a kids movie).

Had a bout of insomnia and decided to watch this in the wee hours of the morning. What a beautiful film. Melancholy, determination, loneliness, hope. The animation and the score created an incredible tapestry for this uniquely moving story. Didn’t expect that from a movie about a severed hand. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the problem with the Oscars is...

1) the saturation of awards shows the late and early part of the year means if you’re into that glitz/glamour aspect of watching them, you’ve already seen a few.  And the Golden Globes does a better job of it...

2) there’s now a predictability to many of the awards.  I feel like all of the acting categories are moot points...and by the time you get to best picture, you’ve already been bored stiff from the other categories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

Part of the problem with the Oscars is...

1) the saturation of awards shows the late and early part of the year means if you’re into that glitz/glamour aspect of watching them, you’ve already seen a few.  And the Golden Globes does a better job of it...

2) there’s now a predictability to many of the awards.  I feel like all of the acting categories are moot points...and by the time you get to best picture, you’ve already been bored stiff from the other categories.

Do you actually watch more than the golden globes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, Hov34 said:

I've seen all but 2 and I'd vote JoJo.

 

So I'd still go Jojo, but the top 6 you could pull out of a hat for me.  But IF I had to rank them:

Jojo Rabbit

Once Upon a Time

Parasite

Joker

Ford v Ferrari

1917

The Irishman

*have not seen Marriage Story (plan to) or Little Women (meh)

Saw all in the theater except Irishman and Parasite.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Well, after reading this thread, Manchester by the Sea and I Lost My Body are now in the cue!

Make sure your prozac is filled.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching Parasite this am, and it was hard to stop and go to work.  Can't wait to finish this up tonight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Had a bout of insomnia and decided to watch this in the wee hours of the morning. What a beautiful film. Melancholy, determination, loneliness, hope. The animation and the score created an incredible tapestry for this uniquely moving story. Didn’t expect that from a movie about a severed hand. 

Glad that I did not steer wrong on the plug for I Lost My Body.  Surprised me as well how moving it was, but I think my familiarity with severed hands is mostly of Thing from The Addams Family.  Pretty amazing job to make a severed hand one of the more compelling characters that I saw in a 2019 movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

Right?! My cousin choreographed Miss Williams' numbers in My Week With Marilyn a few years back and made a point of commenting on her insane level of talent and commitment, and she never talks about the talent. When I saw her as Gwen Verdon (who i saw in musicals as a kid) on that show i saw what Kathleen was talking about. She completely reshaped her body to the odd figure of the old Broadway dancers and everything. Uncanny - i was glad to see she took down a bunch of awards even when the show wasnt a hit.

Loved that film.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDirtyWord said:

Part of the problem with the Oscars is...

1) the saturation of awards shows the late and early part of the year means if you’re into that glitz/glamour aspect of watching them, you’ve already seen a few.  And the Golden Globes does a better job of it...

2) there’s now a predictability to many of the awards.  I feel like all of the acting categories are moot points...and by the time you get to best picture, you’ve already been bored stiff from the other categories.

For me it's when they start performing the nominated songs. The whole broadcast just dies at that point.

It doesn't pick up until they have the In Memoriam segment and finish with the big awards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my online book just posted final Best Pic slate

they see a two horse race, rest are in the dust :shrug:

whaddya think, chuck some at "Once Upon", even though i hated it, and loathe QT?

would make a nice redemption angle for me, if nuttin' else ...

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

my online book just posted final Best Pic slate

they see a two horse race, rest are in the dust :shrug:

whaddya think, chuck some at "Once Upon", even though i hated it, and loathe QT?

would make a nice redemption angle for me, if nuttin' else ...

I was recently reading a Ringer article showing that the 3 of the last 4 years, there has been a major Best Picture upset.  Moonlight over Lala Land, Spotlight over The Revenant, Green Book over Roma were all big surprises.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I was recently reading a Ringer article showing that the 3 of the last 4 years, there has been a major Best Picture upset.  Moonlight over Lala Land, Spotlight over The Revenant, Green Book over Roma were all big surprises.

i'm IN ... +700 is too damn juicy to sleep on :popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.