What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Oscars: Once Upon a Sunday (1 Viewer)

How many of these movies have you seen?

• All of them

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 7 or 8

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • 5 or 6

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 3 or 4

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • 1 or 2

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • None

Votes: 22 18.0%

• Total voters
i'm IN ... +700 is too damn juicy to sleep on  :popcorn:
Only hesitation is that Moonlight was something like +400 and it was the biggest longshot of the group. +700 is juicy but also maybe too much of a stretch. Though it is Tarantino and a movie about Hollywood with big stars. We can't dismiss that. 

Only hesitation is that Moonlight was something like +400 and it was the biggest longshot of the group. +700 is juicy but also maybe too much of a stretch. Though it is Tarantino and a movie about Hollywood with big stars. We can't dismiss that. 
... yep, hoping for those angles to come to fruition - but, yeah, pretty remarkable to see the top two so seperated from the pack. 

Anything that promotes themselves, regardless of how good it is, will get some votes from the academy. 

Glad that I did not steer wrong on the plug for I Lost My Body.  Surprised me as well how moving it was, but I think my familiarity with severed hands is mostly of Thing from The Addams Family.  Pretty amazing job to make a severed hand one of the more compelling characters that I saw in a 2019 movie.
I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t win Best Animated Feature. 

edit:  LOL. Just checked the odds and see that it is +3300. Toy Story 4 is the favorite. I saw Toy Story 4 in the theater and can barely remember anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Janelle is a heck of a performer. LOL at the Academy putting all this diversity front and center for the opening song knowing it’s the last of it for the show. 

Exactly. The movies we see is not in a cultural vacuum.
These people do not reflect the culture.  Just one small piece of it.

That said, none of us should be surprised they'll bring politics into it.  They can't help themselves.

What was said?  I just missed it.
Homelessness; Kobe Bryant; Lack of female representation; Lack of black representation; climate change; health care...

That was just the first 30 minutes.

Im' drinkming  every time somehting politicLE IS said.

My wife said WTH happened to Keanu Reeves?  What a mess.  But he took his mom with him so he gets a pass in my book.

Keaton`s outfit did not look so good either but she is 74.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread