Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Yogibear

Is anyone actually giving the XFL a chance to redeem itself?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

BTW, how much are the guys who bet the under sweating out that Seattle drive.  :lol:

 

My zillion dollars is in jeopardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiefD said:

My zillion dollars is in jeopardy.

Shrute bucks?

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Oh, I agree.  Look how long it took them to adopt the 2 point conversion just because it's a thing in college and HS football. :rolleyes:

My greater point is that if the XFL's replay system is shown to be effective (and/or popular), then the NFL may feel pressure to implement it because some sports writers will see the advantages to it.  The fuel to fire would be a replay situation like the Fail Mary that causes a team to lose a game and generates a ton of controversy in doing so.

Good point on the  media.  Pressure from the rank and file won't be enough, because we'll still watch regardless.  But maybe some in the media have enough sway to affect change.  Like I said, the live-sky judge was IMMEDIATELY, OBVIOUSLY better in game 1 of the AAF last year.  NFL should have copied it for game 1 of 2019.  They just won't change quickly enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Servo said:

Shrute bucks?

Its pretty damn amazing how Vegas can get this so close on a league no one has ever seen. :tinfoilhat:

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ball spotting"  :lmao:

I'm still 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Capella said:

I could see them implementing the kickoff as that’s a safety issue. Would love for them to ditch extra points, just adds so much unpredictability.  

Yes to both. They will act like none of this exists, but somewhere in the catacombs of the NFL main office there is someone paying attention.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XFL apparently forgot to negotiate the “go over your projected time” provision in broadcasting. My feed just cut out due to “contractual restrictions” for my local ABC station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Dragons team sucks.  How many picks/near picks does DC have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Its pretty damn amazing how Vegas can get this so close on a league no one has ever seen. :tinfoilhat:

They opened the totals of all 4 games at 40.  It was the sharp bettors who go the line here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, facook said:

They opened the totals of all 4 games at 40.  It was the sharp bettors who go the line here.

All teasers still in play. For now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this.  DC domninating Seattle and I see Jim Zorn.  Where do I know him from?

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rogwadd said:

Loving this.  DC domninating Seattle and I see Jim Zorn.  Where do I know him from?

Seahawks QB in the 80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

This Dragons team sucks.  How many picks/near picks does DC have?

Vegas has their O/U at 3.5 wins. Can’t see that going over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Seahawks QB in the 80s.

Failed Redskins coach....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

BTW, how much are the guys who bet the under sweating out that Seattle drive.  :lol:

Seattle taking the FG off the board ended up costing the guy who bet the over and/or the guy to took Seattle and the points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, belljr said:

Failed Redskins coach....

Yes, spent his entire NFL coaching career with the Skins; as did Spurrier.

 

Edited by rogwadd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rogwadd said:

Yes, spent his entire NFL coaching career with the Skins

Hasn't he suffered enough?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also smart to play these at soccer stadiums. I know some are playing at NFL stadiums (like the vipers) and that’s going to be a bad look imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much the ball spotting ref gets paid.  More or less than the chain gang?  He does have to do some running.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Fox ain't giving us the point spreads like ABC,

Spread: L.A. Wildcats +6.5 (-110). Roughnecks -6.5 (-110)

Moneyline: Wildcats +210. Roughnecks -265

Over/Under: Over: 51 (-110). Under: 51 (-110)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they have a middle school contest for the uniforms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattderrick  1h

I love that Jim Zorn is covering his mouth to hide his play call as the play call is being broadcast live nationwide.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny listening to the announcers calling for a flag on every pass play. Totally conditioned by the NFL.

Conversely, love that the XFL isn’t calling every dang thing. This is fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wildcats?  i’d love to have been in the room for that name pitch.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WDIK2 said:

2019 LSU vs the worst XFL team.  Who you got?

LSU.  Better qb than anyone in XFL and far more NFL caliber players.  Plus more continuity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sammie Coates is fast.  And without one other positive attribute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

wildcats?  i’d love to have been in the room for that name pitch.  

Really lost out not having golidie Hawn, Woody harrelson and Wesley snipes involved

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Since Fox ain't giving us the point spreads like ABC,

Spread: L.A. Wildcats +6.5 (-110). Roughnecks -6.5 (-110)

Moneyline: Wildcats +210. Roughnecks -265

Over/Under: Over: 51 (-110). Under: 51 (-110)

They finally added it and then pulled it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WDIK2 said:

2019 LSU vs the worst XFL team.  Who you got?

Hmmm. Most of these xfl guys at least got invited to an nfl camp and some even played for a number of years. How many players who contributed for LSU will do that? 20? 
 

Then again LSU definitely has more top-end talent. But then again they just interviewed a linebacker who was all-sec at LSU in 2013. He’s a grown man. He might kill some present day LSU kid who’s not ready for that. 
 

DC had a QB who won a title in college and a DE who had a 7 sack season in the nfl. I’d set it xfl team -3, more depending on the QB. That Seattle QB was very not good today. 

Edited by Capella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Capella said:

Hmmm. Most of these xfl guys at least got invited to an nfl camp and some even played for a number of years. How many players who contributed for LSU will do that? 20? 
 

Then again LSU definitely has more top-end talent. But then again they just interviewed a linebacker who was all-sec at LSU in 2013. He’s a grown man. He might kill some present day LSU kid who’s not ready for that. 
 

DC had a QB who won a title in college and a DE who had a 7 sack season in the nfl. I’d set it xfl team -3, more depending on the QB. That Seattle QB was very not good today. 

He did say the WORST XFL team.  I have a hard time not thinking LSU would have beat that Seattle team today.  They or New York are the worst XFL team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should go for 2 from the 2.5.  Cmon June!

never mind, didn't realize it was going for 2 from the 1.

Edited by facook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is for sure some talent in the XFL.  Guys that had a shot at or spent some time in the NFL.

The 2 teams in this second game look faster than they did in the first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liking this so far. 

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field.. they're not doing it as much on Fox, though.

ABC got a couple of F Bombs because of it.  And one "it hurts like a mother-######" when the QB hurt his ankle.

They either need to get the mic out of everyone's face or do a 5 second delay like the MTV music awards. 

Like the rules and the fact that they don't throw flags after every play 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The XFL? Had no clue this was coming back. Can’t believe there wasn’t a thread about it before this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, facook said:

He did say the WORST XFL team.  I have a hard time not thinking LSU would have beat that Seattle team today.  They or New York are the worst XFL team.

We have no idea who the worst team is yet. I was giving some examples from the one game I saw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

We have no idea who the worst team is yet. I was giving some examples from the one game I saw. 

I think it’s safe to say LA is the worst XFL team ever. With all we’ve seen, easy call IMO. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Capella said:

We have no idea who the worst team is yet. I was giving some examples from the one game I saw. 

I'm predicting, and partly basing it on Vegas odds.  :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conspiracy theory moment but anyone notice during the last 2 minutes of the first half of each game... after a TD the next kickoff either went out of bounds (2nd game) or went well short of reaching the 20 yard line (1st game)?

In those situations the ball goes to the kicking teams 45...not the receiving team's 40. 

Did Vince McMahon instruct them to do this to show how his rules can generate excitement at the end of the half?  No one wants to see a team taking a knee to run out the clock.  

Or just coincidence?  :tinfoilhat:

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Long Ball Larry said:

Is the Houston qb the former temple qb?

no, the houston qb went to my former temple.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whoknew said:

Can you do an onside kick? If so ... how?

I think that you can but you have to tell the other team and refs that you want to try an onside kick.   Read that somewhere.  I guess they line up like normal for those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These games are more entertaining than what the NFL has been putting out there lately.  Faster pace which helps focus on the action instead of spending half of the broadcast analyzing freeze frame replays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

Liking this so far. 

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field.. they're not doing it as much on Fox, though.

ABC got a couple of F Bombs because of it.  And one "it hurts like a mother-######" when the QB hurt his ankle.

They either need to get the mic out of everyone's face or do a 5 second delay like the MTV music awards. 

Like the rules and the fact that they don't throw flags after every play 

 

Agreed. They let us hear a little too much. Felt like they were intruding a few times too.

 The constant barking at the line of scrimmage by the DC QB was giving me a headache. Had to turn it down and then I fell asleep. :lmao: 

Edited by fissure man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched a little today. I think it's just ingrained in me that after the Super Bowl, hockey starts to get serious and baseball season is almost here. Just don't need another league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.