What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is anyone actually giving the XFL a chance to redeem itself? (1 Viewer)

Oh, I agree.  Look how long it took them to adopt the 2 point conversion just because it's a thing in college and HS football. :rolleyes:

My greater point is that if the XFL's replay system is shown to be effective (and/or popular), then the NFL may feel pressure to implement it because some sports writers will see the advantages to it.  The fuel to fire would be a replay situation like the Fail Mary that causes a team to lose a game and generates a ton of controversy in doing so.
Good point on the  media.  Pressure from the rank and file won't be enough, because we'll still watch regardless.  But maybe some in the media have enough sway to affect change.  Like I said, the live-sky judge was IMMEDIATELY, OBVIOUSLY better in game 1 of the AAF last year.  NFL should have copied it for game 1 of 2019.  They just won't change quickly enough.

XFL apparently forgot to negotiate the “go over your projected time” provision in broadcasting. My feed just cut out due to “contractual restrictions” for my local ABC station.

Also smart to play these at soccer stadiums. I know some are playing at NFL stadiums (like the vipers) and that’s going to be a bad look imo. 

Since Fox ain't giving us the point spreads like ABC,

Spread: L.A. Wildcats +6.5 (-110). Roughnecks -6.5 (-110)

Moneyline: Wildcats +210. Roughnecks -265

Over/Under: Over: 51 (-110). Under: 51 (-110)

Its funny listening to the announcers calling for a flag on every pass play. Totally conditioned by the NFL.

Conversely, love that the XFL isn’t calling every dang thing. This is fun. 

2019 LSU vs the worst XFL team.  Who you got?
Hmmm. Most of these xfl guys at least got invited to an nfl camp and some even played for a number of years. How many players who contributed for LSU will do that? 20? 

Then again LSU definitely has more top-end talent. But then again they just interviewed a linebacker who was all-sec at LSU in 2013. He’s a grown man. He might kill some present day LSU kid who’s not ready for that. 

DC had a QB who won a title in college and a DE who had a 7 sack season in the nfl. I’d set it xfl team -3, more depending on the QB. That Seattle QB was very not good today. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. Most of these xfl guys at least got invited to an nfl camp and some even played for a number of years. How many players who contributed for LSU will do that? 20? 

Then again LSU definitely has more top-end talent. But then again they just interviewed a linebacker who was all-sec at LSU in 2013. He’s a grown man. He might kill some present day LSU kid who’s not ready for that. 

DC had a QB who won a title in college and a DE who had a 7 sack season in the nfl. I’d set it xfl team -3, more depending on the QB. That Seattle QB was very not good today. 
He did say the WORST XFL team.  I have a hard time not thinking LSU would have beat that Seattle team today.  They or New York are the worst XFL team.

They should go for 2 from the 2.5.  Cmon June!

never mind, didn't realize it was going for 2 from the 1.

There is for sure some talent in the XFL.  Guys that had a shot at or spent some time in the NFL.

The 2 teams in this second game look faster than they did in the first game.

Liking this so far. 

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field.. they're not doing it as much on Fox, though.

ABC got a couple of F Bombs because of it.  And one "it hurts like a mother-######" when the QB hurt his ankle.

They either need to get the mic out of everyone's face or do a 5 second delay like the MTV music awards. 

Like the rules and the fact that they don't throw flags after every play 

The XFL? Had no clue this was coming back. Can’t believe there wasn’t a thread about it before this one. 

He did say the WORST XFL team.  I have a hard time not thinking LSU would have beat that Seattle team today.  They or New York are the worst XFL team.
We have no idea who the worst team is yet. I was giving some examples from the one game I saw. 

Conspiracy theory moment but anyone notice during the last 2 minutes of the first half of each game... after a TD the next kickoff either went out of bounds (2nd game) or went well short of reaching the 20 yard line (1st game)?

In those situations the ball goes to the kicking teams 45...not the receiving team's 40. 

Did Vince McMahon instruct them to do this to show how his rules can generate excitement at the end of the half?  No one wants to see a team taking a knee to run out the clock.  

Or just coincidence?   :tinfoilhat:

Can you do an onside kick? If so ... how?
I think that you can but you have to tell the other team and refs that you want to try an onside kick.   Read that somewhere.  I guess they line up like normal for those. 

These games are more entertaining than what the NFL has been putting out there lately.  Faster pace which helps focus on the action instead of spending half of the broadcast analyzing freeze frame replays.

Liking this so far. 

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field.. they're not doing it as much on Fox, though.

ABC got a couple of F Bombs because of it.  And one "it hurts like a mother-######" when the QB hurt his ankle.

They either need to get the mic out of everyone's face or do a 5 second delay like the MTV music awards. 

Like the rules and the fact that they don't throw flags after every play 
Agreed. They let us hear a little too much. Felt like they were intruding a few times too.

The constant barking at the line of scrimmage by the DC QB was giving me a headache. Had to turn it down and then I fell asleep. :lmao:  

I watched a little today. I think it's just ingrained in me that after the Super Bowl, hockey starts to get serious and baseball season is almost here. Just don't need another league.

Users who are viewing this thread