What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gender Reveal Parties... (1 Viewer)

Is it your party?
My wife’s friend. My wife is baking and decorating cookies for it. It got me thinking about the whole phenomenon. 
I get my wife’s friend’s excitement, they tried forever and went through multiple rounds of fertility treatments before she got pregnant. 

But this is in addition to the usual baby shower thing, which better not be a GD couple’s thing. 

The good news is we can’t go. The bad news is we will be attending a 1 year old’s birthday party instead. 🤦‍♂️

My wife’s friend. My wife is baking and decorating cookies for it. It got me thinking about the whole phenomenon. 
I get my wife’s friend’s excitement, they tried forever and went through multiple rounds of fertility treatments before she got pregnant. 
The shark move is to make the inside of the cake purple instead of blue or pink.

Guaranteed to liven up the party.

for babies that are on the way are the dumbest, lamest thing possible.

Change my mind.
AND, as an added bonus, people are dying at these parties!  Iowa's not just killing the political nomination process; they're killing grandmas by shrapnel at gender reveal parties!

It was supposed to be a day of celebration.

On Saturday afternoon, six members of an Iowa family gathered outside a rural Knoxville, Iowa, home for what society has dubbed a “gender reveal” party. Among the six was a pregnant woman. Her family was there to learn the sex of her baby.

But the reveal — which involved a homemade explosive device — went horribly wrong, shooting metal shrapnel toward the family standing 45 feet away.

Pamela Kreimeyer, 56, was struck in the head. She died on impact, officials said.

“The family got together for what they thought was going to be a happy event with no intent for anyone to get hurt,” Marion County Sheriff Jason Sandholdt said in a statement. “What ended up happening was that Pamela Kreimeyer, a wife, mother and grandmother was killed by a piece of metal where a metal stand, gunpowder and colored powder were involved.”

These things are dumb as all hell. But on the bright side, there's no shortage of gender reveal fail videos to LOL at.

We didn't throw a party but we bought two piggy banks, one pink and one blue, and then posted the pink one on Facebook when we learned of our first-born's gender.  Didn't do anything for the 2nd.  :lol:  

The parties are silly.

Count me in as I don't understand these.  Yeah, yeah get off my lawn.  I guess before my 2 children were born I honestly couldn't care less if we were having a boy or a girl.  I was just hoping for healthy children is all.  Seems weird to celebrate an unborn childs' gender. 

Count me in as I don't understand these.  Yeah, yeah get off my lawn.  I guess before my 2 children were born I honestly couldn't care less if we were having a boy or a girl.  I was just hoping for healthy children is all.  Seems weird to celebrate an unborn childs' gender. 
It's just millennials whoring for more attention. If that means exploiting an unborn child, then so be it. 

The way we're heading, 18yo's will start doing their own gender reveal parties. 
Yeah, shouldn't these be sex reveal parties or anatomy reveal parties? Might get more people (especially guys) excited to attend with just a little tweak to the name.

That lady farting colored powder was pretty messed up, but that moron who burned down 47,000 acres of AZ forest takes the cake imo 

Last edited by a moderator:

But this is in addition to the usual baby shower thing, which better not be a GD couple’s thing. 

The good news is we can’t go. The bad news is we will be attending a 1 year old’s birthday party instead. 🤦‍♂️
Wow, 2 great entertainment choices. I would probably jump off the roof of the house when I got to either one.

Wow, 2 great entertainment choices. I would probably jump off the roof of the house when I got to either one.
A disadvantage of having a younger wife. And one whose friends mostly had their kids later in life. Ours are all mid-teens and later, while her friends have babies and little kids.

We didn't throw a party but we bought two piggy banks, one pink and one blue, and then posted the pink one on Facebook when we learned of our first-born's gender.  Didn't do anything for the 2nd.  :lol:  

The parties are silly.
To be certain...you couldn’t have waited and bought one piggy bank? Or better yet take a photo of both at the store and then posted the relevant one? 

To be certain...you couldn’t have waited and bought one piggy bank? Or better yet take a photo of both at the store and then posted the relevant one? 
It was 9 years ago so I may be misremembering details.  To be fair I had nary a gray hair before all this, too. :lol:  

Our gender reveal party was in the delivery room.

Went to my nieces 2 years ago, she was pregnant with twins and actually wanted 2 girls but would settle for one girl and one boys.  It was twin boy and she starting shaking, crying and left the room we were in at a restaurant. Did not come back in for 45 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a very public blanket refusal to attend any events of this type. Gender reveals, Baby showers, Couples showers, etc (give us gifts before you give us wedding gifts!). 

No thanks.

I'll send some great baby stuff, and I'll take care of you at the wedding. 

its a party.   if i like the people, I'll go.  if i don't, i'll come up with some excuse not to go.   make up any theme that you want.  

They are dumb.  But I guess it is a chance for the new parents to get together and celebrate with family and friends.  Whatever.  If invited I'll most likely go.  But I am a total people person, so any reason for a party and I'm happy to go.  

My son and daughter in-law had a gender reveal party for their first child.   To announce the gender or whatever, a cake  they cut into had pink or blue frosting in the middle.  When my daughter-in-law cut into the cake she said  "IT'S CHOCOLATE!".  A great friend of mine (who was the only african american in the room) laughed and nudged me in the side and said "Dad wasn't expecting that was he?"  

not a party, but we went up to a lake house one summer with another family. Their wife was preggo with #3 (already had a B and a G)and had her sono the morning we were all headed up. So she had the lady put the sono picture with the gender in an envelope and we planned on opening it that night. 

Nice night, got a big fire going, some drinks and my buddy opens the envelope, reads it to himself, says "f###, its a girl" and throws the sono in the fire. My wife jumps into action and was like, "no we want to see the pictures!!" and grabs it before it burns. 

She looks at it and turn to my buddy..."you're a F'ing moron...Its a boy you jackass" 

Turn out he read "Female" on top of the image, not realizing it was referring to the patient, his wife, not the baby. Idiot! 

People will complain about anything. If you don’t like it, don’t go.

FWIW, I’ve never been to one. 
You aren't married are you?

I've never been to one either. But if any of my wife's kids had one, I'm not dense enough to believe I wouldn't be there.

Wife is expecting baby #1 at the end of March and we are going in totally blind. Several of my mother’s family members were horrified there would be no gender reveal party.

Baffling. 

Have a very public blanket refusal to attend any events of this type. Gender reveals, Baby showers, Couples showers, etc (give us gifts before you give us wedding gifts!). 

No thanks.

I'll send some great baby stuff, and I'll take care of you at the wedding. 
Wait. There are couples showers?

fruity pebbles said:
Wait. There are couples showers?
It's a trend here and many places I imagine. 

Apparently women figured out that baby showers and bridal showers suck, so they're trying to make them co-ed because misery loves company. 

My Gf dragged me to one co-Ed baby shower. Saw the suffering on all the guys faces, and promised to never drag me to one again. 

glvsav37 said:

Turn out he read "Female" on top of the image, not realizing it was referring to the patient, his wife, not the baby. Idiot! 
Huh? 😕 They needed to identify the patient, the pregnant patient, as female? 

Users who are viewing this thread