What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me pick an XFL team (1 Viewer)

Deepster

Footballguy
I’m a Jets fan. Followed them for 45 years and it’s all been pretty much miserable but they’re my team and I’m stuck with them. 

The XFL starts this weekend and I have a new chance here to latch on to someone who may, at some point, bring me happiness. Help me pick which team that should be.  

items to consider:

Cool city to visit for a game. Good local cuisine and/or nightlife. 

Good logo and team colors.  if I’m wearing their gear I want it to look good. 

intangibles?  Team name?  Notable players or coach?  Hottest cheerleaders?  Anything here is fair game. 

All the teams:

DC Defenders

Dallas Renegades

Houston Roughnecks

Los Angeles Wildcats

New York Guardians

St. Louis BattleHawks 

Seattle Dragons

Tampa Bay Vipers

To me, most of these are awful. You've got all this time to come up with some really cool branding and names reflective of the cities where they are playing.

Wildcats? WTF.

Dragons? How many dragons are in Seattle? Maybe there are dragons in Seattle. Who knows.

Vipers? I'm assuming there are tons of snakes slithering around the Tampa area?

Defenders? Meh. 

Guardians? And their logo is some kind of wolf or cat or something? Boooooooring

Renegades? Is that the leftover name for the Dallas arena league team? 

The only cool one on that list is the Roughnecks. Love their logo of the oil derrick. The BattleHawks at least are somewhat indigenous to the area, since there are a ton of hawks in the Midwest. Gimme one of those two I guess.

Vipers? I dunno. Tampa has great beaches and nice weather this time of the year. Super good Cuban food. Logo, name and uniforms suck. Don’t come in the summer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All the teams:

DC Defenders

Dallas Renegades

Houston Roughnecks

Los Angeles Wildcats

New York Guardians

St. Louis BattleHawks 

Seattle Dragons

Tampa Bay Vipers

To me, most of these are awful. You've got all this time to come up with some really cool branding and names reflective of the cities where they are playing.

Wildcats? WTF.

Dragons? How many dragons are in Seattle? Maybe there are dragons in Seattle. Who knows.

Defenders? Meh. 

Guardians? And their logo is some kind of wolf or cat or something? Boooooooring

The only cool one on that list is the Roughnecks. Love their logo of the oil derrick. The BattleHawks at least are somewhat indigenous to the area, since there are a ton of hawks in the Midwest. Gimme one of those two I guess.

The Roughnecks remind me of The Roughriders in the CFL. Close enough for me.
Yep. Roughnecks for me too

Guess I'll go for the Battlehawks since they are in Missouri... but really i hate most things St. Louis.. so probably just won't watch.

I don't need anymore football for awhile after the awesomeness that was the CHIEEEFFFFSSSS!

All the teams:

DC Defenders

Dallas Renegades

Houston Roughnecks

Los Angeles Wildcats

New York Guardians

St. Louis BattleHawks 

Seattle Dragons

Tampa Bay Vipers

Wildcats? WTF.

Defenders? Meh. 

It's Florida, so probably.

I'll cheer for team 9. 

Really I'd have an easier, and more enjoyable, time picking a mountain West or sun belt conference team to follow. 

Vipers? I dunno. Tampa has great beaches and nice weather this time of the year. Super good Cuban food. Logo, name and uniforms suck. Don’t come in the summer. 
Those uniforms are way too green for me. But I'll still watch them, in part because the name reminds me of the old IHL team in Detroit, also called the Vipers.

I’m a Jets fan. Followed them for 45 years and it’s all been pretty much miserable but they’re my team and I’m stuck with them. 

The XFL starts this weekend and I have a new chance here to latch on to someone who may, at some point, bring me happiness. Help me pick which team that should be.  

items to consider:

Cool city to visit for a game. Good local cuisine and/or nightlife. 

Good logo and team colors.  if I’m wearing their gear I want it to look good. 

intangibles?  Team name?  Notable players or coach?  Hottest cheerleaders?  Anything here is fair game. 
There's another XFL thread with quite a bit of information going.  Check it out. 

Where do you live now?  What team is closest to you?  

you said you root for the Jets, no?  they are from Jersey. 
I think he's saying the city of NY has been to painful for him to re-up there.

I vote for DC.  Let's stick it to Snyder by having a winning team there for once.  I like Pep Hamilton and think they will be fun to watch with Cardale Jones, Donnel Pumphrey, Eli Rogers and DeAndre Thompkins.  

The Los Angeles franchise should have been named the Cougars. Not only are there big cats in the mountains, there are also plenty in the city. :wub:

So, to round out this original question, I am officially a St Louis Battlehawks fan. 

I’m hoping for decades of dominance and rubbing that success in everyone else’s face on a daily basis. 

Users who are viewing this thread