What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best/Worst Trades 2019 (1 Viewer)

Best: traded David Johnson for Joe Mixon. This occured after a few of Mixon's abysmal games and a 2 TD game from DJ.

Worst: traded Ekeler, and T.Y. Hilton for Rivers, Samuels, and a 1st. I'd really like to have this one back, mainly Ekeler. The first is late to boot. 

Not only from same league but same day.  The worst trade was accepted early in the day, the best one later, had instant buyers remorse.

Worst and right now only one off top of my head I can think of that I regret but regret it a lot:

Gave: Lamar Jackson, Diontae Johnson, 2020 #2 which I knew was likely late but ended up 2.10.

Got: Julio and two guys I ended up cutting soon after, Larry Fitz and Jimmy Garappolo.

Best:

Got: Michael Thomas

Gave: two projected late #1's, ended up being 10 and 11

Best runner up and from a different league:

Gave Ebron and a future third for a future first which ended up as Ebron/3.8 for 1.4.

Pretty much all of my major trades in 2019 look bad in hindsight. I got good players back but there was a lot of value lost by year’s end. My worst one was probably:

Gave Sutton and 2020 2nd / Got Miles Sanders - was a big believer in Sanders as the RB1 in this class and was down on Sutton because of Flacco. Should’ve trusted my initial evaluations of Sutton and found a different trade piece.

My best was probably:

Gave Diggs / Got Metcalf and Boyd - this looked like a bad sell at the time and I must admit, I sent the offer out of frustration because I wanted out on Diggs and sent this kind of thoughtlessly. It was accepted immediately. Boyd ended up being basically Diggs (as I thought) and I was right to be enamored with Metcalf

Redraft - I gave Saquon Barkley the week he went down (week 3) for Kerryon Johnson.  I thought Saquon would be out quite a while.  He only missed 3 games, and Kerryon "pulled a Kerryon".  To top it off, I made the playoffs, and Saquon went off for 28.3 points... against me.

Worst: Gave up Lamar Jackson (before season started) and 1.6 rookie pick for 1.9, 1.12, and 2.9 (which landed me Deebo (awesome) Henderson (crap) and Justice Hill (crap) Clearly, I had no idea what Jackson was getting ready to do. I also made this trade because I had Luck in this league...and he soon after retired.  :censored:

1B worst trade- Panic move and traded away T Hill after all the bad news hit (whom I had just traded for about 5 weeks earlier, giving up OJ Howard and 1.6 to land) for the 2.4 pick which landed me Isabella.  :bag:

Best Trades: Same league as Lamar Jackson deal above, sold Gurley to a Rams believer along with 2 2020 2nds for Jacobs and what ended up the 1.3 in this upcoming draft. 

2B best trade- Traded a 2020 3rd (Ended up 3.6) for T. Hill when another owner in a different league did a panic trade with Hill just like I did above. 

Best (Candidates)

• Gave Latavius Murray, late 20 2nd, 4th for 20 1st (ended up 1.05), in-season
  • Gave Mark Ingram, Carlos Hyde, Wayne Gallman for Baker Mayfield, 20 1st (ended up 1.03), in-season
  • Gave 1.12, late 3rd for 2.12, 20 1st (ended up 1.04) in 16tm deep IDP league at '19 rookie draft time
  • Gave Damien Williams, 1.11 for Leonard Fournette, 2.09, 3.02 at '19 rookie draft time 
Worst (Candidates)

• Gave Allen Robinson, Marvin Jones, T.J. Yeldon for Antonio Brown, Adam Shaheen, 3.06 (last offseason at start of Brown transgressions)
  • Gave 2.06 for D'Onta Foreman, 3.06
  • Gave J.K. Dobbins, Miles Sanders for Derek Carr, Zach Ertz (TE premium, but still....), last April
  • Gave Devin Singletary, Darren Waller for Corey Davis (preseason)

I can join this party with 1 of each..... these are my Best & Worst trades of 2019 season

BEST TRADE:  I gave up L Bell NYJ RB  & R Foster Buf WR       I recieved M Ingram Balt RB & K Hunt Clev RB

WORST TRADE:   I gave up R Mahomes KC QB                      I recieved P Rivers QB LAC, B Mayfield Clev QB, T Smith NOS WR and TWO 2020 1st (unknown at time, but both late)

Both trades done May 2019. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Best:

Just before week 3 in my 16 team Dynasty league when we really didn't know how the season would turn out:

I gave Teddy Bridgewater (who I had just spent $10 of $100 in FAAB) and my 2020 1st (I speculated I would do well so be a later round pick)

I got the other team's 2020 1st (His team had Brees and only Joe Flacco as a backup so he was desperate and I felt he would be a high pick)

Turns out he didn't win a game all season so I got 1.01 after going undefeated myself and winning the league......

Worst(ish)

Just after the AJ Green injury I bought him for Devonta Freeman and a 2020 2nd round pick. He sat on my bench sucking up space (We don't have IR Slots) and I never got to use him. Freeman turned out to be a moderate bust, but I still could have used him on occasion as a flex, and the 2020 2nd turned out to be 2.16. I still plan on using Green next year fingers crossed. 

Best Trade 1A:

Prior to the season traded pick 1.08 (ended up being TJ Hockenson) for Lamar Jackson in a SF league.

Trade 1 B

Traded with same owner mid season in a $250 salary cap league:  Gave Hopkins ($49 plus escalation which ended up being $10) for Thielen ($3) and pick 1.11 in the 2020 draft.  Hopkins will be going back into the auction at that price. 

Dynasty

Worst trade, super flex

gave up Jones, Daniel NYG QB; Pettis, Dante SFO WR

For Hill, Justice BAL RB; Davis, Corey TEN WR

Didn't hurt all that much in 2019, might hurt a lot going forward. Definitely lost a lot of value.

Best trade, same league. League winning deal 💪

gave up Wentz, Carson PHI QB; Henry, Hunter LAC TE; two picks which were Marquise Brown and acreage-Whiteside

For Prescott, Dak DAL QB; Thomas, Michael NOS WR

12 team PPR dynasty

Best- Don’t remember the secondary players attached but they didn’t really matter.            gave: 2.3, 2.4, 2.10 and scrubs as 2.3 was OTC and got Kupp and some other scrubs.

Worst- had WR and TE depth and wanted another stud RB.                                                gave: Allen Robinson, Jaylen Samuels, Will Dissly and 2020 1st

Got: David Johnson
Still finished second on the year so the pick is very late but DJ has practically lost all dynasty value and I was a big fan of Robinson and he finished the year great. Did get 2 good weeks from DJ before he was unstartable

.75ppr 1qb

Best #1:

Gave Gurley, Aaron Rodgers

Got 2020 1.10, 2.10, A.J. Brown (pre-breakout)

Best #2:

Gave: Julio Jones, some filler

Got: George Kittle, 2020 1.3

Worst:

Gave 100% FAAB dollars

Got Josh Gordon 🤮

Users who are viewing this thread