What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which WR will run the fastest at the 2020 combine? (1 Viewer)

Who will be the third fastest?

• Antonio Gandy-Golden

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • CeeDee Lamb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darnell Mooney

• Devin Duvernay

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones

• Henry Ruggs III

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Jalen Reagor

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Jeff Thomas

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jerry Jeudy

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • K.J. Hamler

• K.J. Hill

• Kalija Lipscomb

• Stephen Guidry

• Van Jefferson

• skip this question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZWK

Footballguy
Who's the fastest?  Pick your combine WR trifecta.

Polls can't have 55 options, so apologies in advance to all the Chris Finke fans. You can vote on just the guys in the polls and then leave other names in the comments.

For me its a pretty clear top-3, of Reagor/Hamler/Ruggs. The order is a little trickier. I'd guess Reagor is 4.30, and Hamler and Ruggs are 4.35 or so.

My votes went to Devin Duvernay, Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor. I think the other two with the best chance to win it are Antonio Gandy-Golden and KJ Hamler.

The fastest 100m track times that I've been able to confirm for these 55 WRs are Duvernay with a 10.38 wind-adjusted (10.27 with +1.8 m/s wind), Ruggs with a 10.53, and Hamler with a 10.78.

The guys with the fastest clocked on-the-field speeds are Gandy-Golden at 23.3 mph, Reagor at 22.6 mph, Ruggs at 22.0 mph, and Duvernay at 21.8 mph.

Draftscout has the fastest estimated 40 times for Ruggs (4.36), Hamler (4.36), Reagor (4.37), and Guidry (4.38).

So I'll put the guy with demonstrated elite track speed first and the guy who is up there on all three lists second. Third goes to Reagor because a 10.78 isn't that fast (for this sort of comparison) and I'm worried about how long it takes Gandy-Golden to get up to speed.

For me its a pretty clear top-3, of Reagor/Hamler/Ruggs. The order is a little trickier. I'd guess Reagor is 4.30, and Hamler and Ruggs are 4.35 or so.
Is Hamler that fast?

I had noticed him being mocked to the Vikings and my first impression was a gut punch. I mean he has ham and egger right in his name.

But if he is that fast I guess it makes sense.

On Wednesday, Reagor was added to Bruce Feldman’s “Freaks List” for this season. According to Feldman, Reagor has some pretty remarkable measurables.

“The 5-11, 195-pound junior clocked a blazing 4.29 40, and his power numbers are also impressive: a 620-pound squat, a 380-pound bench and a 380-pound clean,” Feldman wrote.

I knew Reagor was fast after watching his tape; I didn’t know he was that fast.

To put his 4.29 40-yard dash into perspective, Reagor would’ve been the fastest wide receiver at the 2019 NFL combine. Parris Campbell (Colts) ran a 4.31 and led the pack this year.

Reagor isn’t just a speed guy, either. He’s a schooled route-runner and was highly productive for the Horned Frogs in 2018. He had 72 catches for 1,061 yards and nine touchdowns last season, and enters 2019 with 17 touchdown catches over his first two years on campus.”

Tex

Is Hamler that fast?

I had noticed him being mocked to the Vikings and my first impression was a gut punch. I mean he has ham and egger right in his name.

Depends what round he was mocked in. Round 1 is insane, round 2 is a reach, round 3 is solid. Its possible he's another Tavon Austin, where he's a guy you manufacture touches for, and use in the return game. Its also possible he's D-Jax like. Truthfully, I think the Austin outcome is more likely, but he also may not have been viewed as such a disappointment if he was a 3rd round pick. 

It really depends if he can overcome being 5-9 175. I think he would have been better returning to school, as he's only 20 years old.

SPEED (mph)

Cheetah 65-70

Ostrich 45-50

Deer 35-40

Grizzly Bear 30-35

Usain Bolt 27.8

Henry Ruggs 24.3

Tex

Is Hamler that fast?

Hamler ran a 10.78 100m and was clocked at 21.1 mph on this play, both of which are very good (but not totally gamebreaking) speed. My guess is 4.40ish.

Hamler ran a 10.78 100m and was clocked at 21.1 mph on this play, both of which are very good (but not totally gamebreaking) speed. My guess is 4.40ish.
Its entirely possible Hamler looks faster on tape due to how small he is. He ran a 4.43 as a recruit in 2017. 

With 17 votes in according to the poll (although only 15 actual votes in most of the polls), there is a pretty clear consensus top 3 of Ruggs, then Reagor, and then Hamler. If we give 3 points for each 1st place vote, 2 for each 2nd place vote, and 1 for each 3rd place vote, the score is:

39 Henry Ruggs III
23 Jalen Reagor
11 K.J. Hamler

Eight other WRs each have 1-2 votes for 1-4 points.

With 17 votes in according to the poll (although only 15 actual votes in most of the polls), there is a pretty clear consensus top 3 of Ruggs, then Reagor, and then Hamler. If we give 3 points for each 1st place vote, 2 for each 2nd place vote, and 1 for each 3rd place vote, the score is:

39 Henry Ruggs III
23 Jalen Reagor
11 K.J. Hamler

Eight other WRs each have 1-2 votes for 1-4 points.
Updating it with the final pre-combine results, the poll came out:

64 Henry Ruggs III
43 Jalen Reagor
15 K.J. Hamler

And no one else close. Hamler didn't run at the combine so so much for that.

And the actual 40 times:

4.27 Henry Ruggs III
4.35 Quez Watkins
4.38 Denzel Mims
4.38 Darnell Mooney
4.39 Devin Duvernay
4.39 Antonio Gibson

Ruggs blew everyone else away. The runaway leader in the polls also had the runaway fastest time. In the polls, 64% of voters had him 1st and 100% of voters picked him in one of the three slots.

#2 Quez Watkins was not included in my poll. That's a surprising success for Watkins, a less surprising success for "the field", and a failure for me in setting up the polls.

#3 was a tie between Mims and Mooney. Mims was also missing from my poll. Mooney was there, and therefore the correct #2 choice in the polls. He got 0 votes in any of the three slots.

Out of the guys listed in the poll, Devin Duvernay had the third fastest time. Three of the voters picked him, including me (unfortunately I put him in the #1 slot ahead of Ruggs). He tied with Antonio Gibson, who was not in the poll (I think because I saw him listed as a RB).

Jalen Reagor, second in the polls, only ran a 4.47.

Antonio Gandy-Golden and K.J. Hill wound up tying for the slowest time of the guys listed with a 4.60, though 7 other guys not listed topped that led by Quintez Cephus's 4.73.

So the actual trifecta for these polls would've been Ruggs-Mooney-Duvernay, but no one had that trio (in any order) since no one had Mooney.

The best entry was probably Ruggs-______-Duvernay, assuming that at least one of the two people who had Duvernay 3rd also had Ruggs in 1st. After that there's a debate for bragging rights between the many people who had Ruggs #1 (but none of the other top 3) and the few people who had Ruggs & Duvernay among their top 3 (but the wrong guy at #1).

Users who are viewing this thread