What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie (1 Viewer)

How do you like your chip/dough ratio?

• A few chips, mostly cookie dough

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • More chips than the minimum but still mostly cookie dough

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Pretty even distribution of chips throughout the cookie and present in every bite.

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • More chocolate chips than your average cookie and a significant aspect of each bite

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Loaded with chocolate chips and lucky to find any dough in between

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

gianmarco

Footballguy
There's obviously all kinds of variations.  Consistency (hard, soft, chewy, crunchy), size, cold vs. warm.  But, for this, I'm curious preferences for the chocolate chips in them.

For the scale, 1 means a few chips scattered within the cookie and significantly more dough.  5 means completely loaded with chocolate so that you couldn't fit anymore chocolate into the cookie and it overshadows the dough.

What makes a perfect chocolate chip cookie?

Good call here.  If you mean "doughy" as in almost undercooked, then I agree even more.

I had a good one at Carl's Jr. today.  Nom nom.
Yaaaas.  Just cooked enough that it kinda starts to fold in your hand and it’s a melted mix of chip and dough. 

also hot is the way to go. I use to love going to Quiznos and having them put the M&m cookie though the oven. 

Depends on my mood or where I am.

Desk at work: Tates (crunchy)

Home watching a movie: Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked

Hung over: Entenmann’s

Good call here.  If you mean "doughy" as in almost undercooked, then I agree even more.

I had a good one at Carl's Jr. today.  Nom nom.
Yaaaas.  Just cooked enough that it kinda starts to fold in your hand and it’s a melted mix of chip and dough. 

also hot is the way to go. I use to love going to Quiznos and having them put the M&m cookie though the oven. 
That's where it's at.

A proper chocolate chip cookie is loaded with chocolate chips, fresh out of the oven and has a bite of vanilla ice cream on top. 

This is an amazing Bell curve.

I'm an outlier and want as much chocolate chips as it can hold. For me, fresh out of the oven, little crispness/crunch on the outside but soft/gooey middle just loaded with chocolate. If my hands and face don't have chocolate on them when I'm done, then it's not ideal. 

Personally, I consider chewy and soft synonymous in this case.
There's a thin line between chewy and soft. Chewy's perfect. Soft's...not good. I mean, they're chocolate chip cookies. There's no such thing as not good. But in comparison. I'd rather have an over cooked one with just a couple of chips in it than a softie.

Users who are viewing this thread