What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arthur Brooks At National Prayer Breakfast Last Week (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
It’s a good message to be sure. So good, I thought about sharing it with several friends and loved ones who regularly display contempt in their on-line postings. But then I realized that showing them this article is really just a criticism of their behavior and how they comport themselves. It’s just me climbing up on my high horse and telling them that their actions are unproductive at best and un-Christlike at worst. And how is that going to be productive in any way?  Instead, I’ll just do as Brooks said and look for opportunities to respond to contempt with love. But I’m already a person who is not prone to displays of contempt. So in that regard, Brooks is sort of preaching to the choir. Not sure I really have a point here to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a good message to be sure. So good, I thought about sharing it with several friends and loved ones who regularly display contempt in their on-line postings. But then I realized that showing them this article is really just a criticism of their behavior and how they comport themselves. It’s just me climbing up on my high horse and telling them that their actions are unproductive at best and un-Christlike at worst. And how is that going to be productive in any way?  Instead, I’ll just do as Brooks said and look for opportunities to respond to contempt with love. But I’m already a person who is not prone to displays of contempt. So in that regard, Brooks is sort of preaching to the choir. Not sure I really have a point here to be honest. 
Same. Now try being a church leader and dealing with this. 

I have a heavy bag in my house I punch a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread