What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post-NH Democratic Primary Poll (1 Viewer)

If any of the six aforementioned candidates won the Democratic nomination, would you vote for that c

• Total voters
Still with Pete...but for many reasons (and one pointed out in the Klobuchar thread is a bog one...reduction of deficit plans).

as the first person on this board to support Peteyjudge for Prez, i stand firm.

i am chagrined to vote no on the last question but it is only because i had already quit the process and only rejoined it for this unity candidate. i may vote for Bernie if he wins the nod, if only because he's the first real leftist nominated since McGovern, but i'll sit out and watch America once again receive the President it deserves otherwise

Was just talking to someone about this today. Texas is a super Tuesday state. But early voting ends the day before the SCar primary. Which kind of stinks for me for three reasons:

1) I want Trump out. That's priority #1.

2) I don't want Trump in.

3) I'm fairly indifferent between the four "moderates." Not totally - Biden is my least favorite. But I'd likely vote for whichever of the four has the best chance of winning. 

I've been thinking about taking a Republican ballot and writing in Mitt Romney.  We'll see.  Illinois doesn't vote for over a month.  I'll see what the race looks like then.

Clicked Bloomberg but only because I was required to pick one

”shares my views”

”yes” (but will likely be skipping the election)

At this point I'm likely to vote for Klobuchar on Super Tuesday. The nice thing about being a Democrat in Texas is the voting line in the primary tends to be a lot shorter than the Republican line.

I'm voting for not-Trump in the general election.

Of the primary candidates I mostly closely align philosophically with the candidates in this order (note: Kasich would be my preferred choice if he was a possibility if that tells you anything): 

1. Bloomberg

2. Klobuchar

3. Pete

4. Biden (although I'm not sure he knows what his policies actually are). 

:tumbleweed:

5 and 6. Warren and Bernie. 

The above said, I'd vote for Pete in my primary because I like his chances the best at beating Trump. Which gets me to choice two in that, yes, I'd vote for whoever gets the nomination including plugging my nose and voting for Bernie and Warren (genuinely good people they just too left for me on fiscal issues and I think Trump smashes Warren) because a vote for a third party is basically a vote for Trump.

1. Pete

2. Voted shares my views, but he really doesn’t as much as a few other candidates. I am really voting for him because I feel he is the type of leader this country needs to bridge the divide. Getting my ideal agenda passed in a broken country doesn’t feel like a success

3. Yes. 

If there had been a "not sure" option I would have taken that. Florida doesn't vote until after Super Tuesday, so I'm definitely planning on waiting to see how things shake out. None of the candidates truly inspire me, and they all have some strengths and some major flaws. As of today, it's probably between Pete and Bloomberg. But that's far from fixed.

sho nuff said:
Still with Pete...but for many reasons (and one pointed out in the Klobuchar thread is a bog one...reduction of deficit plans).
Please help me understand what is Pete's exact "plan" for reducing the deficit. Because I'm not seeing it anywhere.

What I do see is a lot of political rhetoric and double talk that conveniently positions him to the right of Bernie, but also allows him to take on Trump on the issue. Savvy politics, but not a plan.

Pete Buttigieg Isn’t Really a Deficit Hawk. He Just Talks Like One.

https://slate.com/business/2020/02/pete-buttigieg-deficit-debt-please-stop.html

Please help me understand what is Pete's exact "plan" for reducing the deficit. Because I'm not seeing it anywhere.

What I do see is a lot of political rhetoric and double talk that conveniently positions him to the right of Bernie, but also allows him to take on Trump on the issue. Savvy politics, but not a plan.

Pete Buttigieg Isn’t Really a Deficit Hawk. He Just Talks Like One.

https://slate.com/business/2020/02/pete-buttigieg-deficit-debt-please-stop.html
I was saying Klobuchar is the one that has more of a plan on her site.  I agree id like to hear Pete do more with that.

Can't be any worse than the GOPs greatest self proclaimed fiscal hawk, Paul Ryan.
I realize you're probably just being snarky but I'll respond anyway.

Ryan had an actual plan he tried multiple times to implement and ultimately failed. Lack of spine, couldn't stand up to Trump, or make up your own reason.

Pete is just talking without coming close to committing anything to paper.

I’d vote for Eugene V Debs over the stain currently in the Oval Office 
Huh. Guess that would be a moving van pulling up in the old driveway. 

As far as the poll goes, I'm very uncertain on who to vote for. Klobuchar seems very determined to progress a little and set things back on course. Mayor Pete is going to inundate us with what seem like tax and spend measures, measures I'm not opposed to. Sanders will be a radical deconstructionist but will be doomed to failure by having to make common cause with the right. His measures will be half-measures, doomed to utter failure lest they be unmoored for what they really are. His big changes will be in the executive branch and the appointing of judges to the bench, which I seriously worry will undermine traditional jurisprudence. So far, the new new left has failed its foothold, let it fail miserably.

So the answer is that it remains to be seen who I'll vote for, and will likely also check California rules for presidential write-ins. 

Last edited by a moderator:
72% said its important for the candidate to share same views. But 65% say they will vote for any of the mentioned candidates if the primary winner. That is a wide group of views in those candidates.

72% said its important for the candidate to share same views. But 65% say they will vote for any of the mentioned candidates if the primary winner. That is a wide group of views in those candidates.
If only there would be an easy answer to this conundrum...

Voter crosstabs!

Code:
Which is a bigger factor in deciding who you vote for in this primary?

BIDEN SUPPORTERS
The candidate shares my views on important issues - 0%
The candidate would perform well against Donald Trump in November - 100%

BLOOMBERG SUPPORTERS
The candidate shares my views on important issues - 17%
The candidate would perform well against Donald Trump in November - 83%

BUTTIGIEG SUPPORTERS
The candidate shares my views on important issues - 70%
The candidate would perform well against Donald Trump in November - 30%

KLOBUCHAR SUPPORTERS
The candidate shares my views on important issues - 65%
The candidate would perform well against Donald Trump in November - 35%

SANDERS SUPPORTERS
The candidate shares my views on important issues - 95%
The candidate would perform well against Donald Trump in November - 5%

WARREN SUPPORTERS
The candidate shares my views on important issues - 100%
The candidate would perform well against Donald Trump in November - 0%

If any of the six aforementioned candidates won the Democratic nomination, would you vote for that candidate in the general election?

BIDEN SUPPORTERS
Yes - 67%
No - 33%

BLOOMBERG SUPPORTERS
Yes - 17%
No - 83%

BUTTIGIEG SUPPORTERS
Yes - 82%
No - 18%

KLOBUCHAR SUPPORTERS
Yes - 65%
No - 35%

SANDERS SUPPORTERS
Yes - 64%
No - 36%

WARREN SUPPORTERS
Yes - 100%
No - 0%

Ultimately it does not matter since I don't live in a swing state, but I don't know if I would be able to swallow voting for Bloomberg if he is the nominee. I don't think there is any major functional difference between his policies and Trump when it comes to looting the US to create a ponzi scheme funneling all money to the rich, and I think he would be much more efficient in doing so compared to Trump due to being competent.

Ultimately it does not matter since I don't live in a swing state, but I don't know if I would be able to swallow voting for Bloomberg if he is the nominee. I don't think there is any major functional difference between his policies and Trump when it comes to looting the US to create a ponzi scheme funneling all money to the rich, and I think he would be much more efficient in doing so compared to Trump due to being competent.
Would he really take a wrecking ball to the environment and positive action on climate change though? Would he, as a democratic party president, replace RBG with a Kavanaugh clone? I'm sure there are other ways in which he would differ from Trump in a positive way.

Would he really take a wrecking ball to the environment and positive action on climate change though? Would he, as a democratic party president, replace RBG with a Kavanaugh clone? I'm sure there are other ways in which he would differ from Trump in a positive way.
Who knows, he cannot care that much about that stuff seeing as how he was a Republican as of a few years ago.

I've been thinking about taking a Republican ballot and writing in Mitt Romney.  We'll see.  Illinois doesn't vote for over a month.  I'll see what the race looks like then.
I did something similar in 2016...voted for Evan Mcmullen. Voted my conscience. Basically I voted for Trump. The only way to take Trump out is to vote for a candidate that can win, in other words the Democratic candidate. I won't be making that mistake in 2020

Who knows, he cannot care that much about that stuff seeing as how he was a Republican as of a few years ago.
I’m not a Bloomberg fan at all.  But Bloomberg ran for mayor as a Republican because that was the only way he could win.  That’s the same reason he’s running as a Democrat now.  I don’t think his policy views can be understood just by looking at his political party.

His views on stuff like climate change and gun control seem consistent with most Democrats.  

Users who are viewing this thread