What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bill Barr Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Max Power

Footballguy
WASHINGTON — Attorney General Bill Barr has agreed to testify before the House Judiciary Committee next month as Democrats express numerous concerns about his Justice Department tenure, the committee said Wednesday.

"We are writing to confirm your agreement to testify before the House Judiciary Committee on March 31, 2020," Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., and the 22 other Democratic members of the panel said in a letter to Barr on Wednesday.

Democrats wrote that they plan to ask Barr questions about the Justice Department's decision to overrule career prosecutors and propose a reduction in the sentence for Trump confidante Roger Stone. The backpedal, announced Tuesday, led to all four of the prosecutors withdrawing from the criminal case.

They also wrote that they plan to ask about the Justice Department's dealings with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani as well as the removal of U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu who oversaw the prosecutions of Stone, Trump’s deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates and Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
Everyone happy now?  Can't wait for the show.

He farmed out Rudy's findings for an independent review.  It will be handled by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pittsburgh.  It was the right thing to do.   
Rudys findings should be farmed out to the shredder and not a matter of a review by the government at all.

What fact did Rudy give Hannity that was a known lie?  The article didn't totally explain that.  

Or is this a case where the media and Biden claim it's debunked, so questioning it is considered disinformation? 
Its in their memos...point being, Rudy has been pushing propaganda and conspiracy BA that shouldn’t be given any serious time.

Biden claiming it?  Fox’s execs claimed it...

Its in their memos...point being, Rudy has been pushing propaganda and conspiracy BA that shouldn’t be given any serious time.

Biden claiming it?  Fox’s execs claimed it...
And now we get a real investigation.  One that should have been started months ago.  

Independently vetted information.  Why are you so against someone looking into the validity of it?
Because it isnt how anything should work where the President directs his personal attorney to investigate a rivals son without probable cause.

He farmed out Rudy's findings for an independent review.  It will be handled by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pittsburgh.  It was the right thing to do.   
Not really. If Rudy has evidence of criminal conduct, it should go to the FBI.

How long before President Trump has AG Barr make Rudy Giuliani’s legal troubles go away? Nixon type Saturday night massacre changes into Trump’s Saturday night massacre.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Conservative Judge Draws a Line in the Sand With the Trump Administration

"In a jaw-dropping opinion issued by the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago on January 23, Judge Frank Easterbrook—a longtime speaker for the conservative Federalist Society and someone whom the late Justice Antonin Scalia favored to replace him on the U.S. Supreme Court—rebuked Attorney General William Barr for declaring in a letter that the court’s decision in an immigration case was 'incorrect' and thus dispensable. Barr’s letter was used as justification by the Board of Immigration Appeals (the federal agency that applies immigration laws) to ignore the court’s ruling not to deport a man who had applied for a visa to remain in the country."

"We are writing to confirm your agreement to testify before the House Judiciary Committee on March 31, 2020," Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., and the 22 other Democratic members of the panel said in a letter to Barr on Wednesday.
I don't know why it's not more like February 18.

Any good lawyer will tell you when and when you don't need to testify.  Donald Trump's lawyers most likely advised against it.  They were right - he didn't need to testify as the sham was exposed.
He was guilty as hell thats why they told him to pipe down :lol:  

Remember when he was always going to clear things, promise something in 2 weeks. Another thing his advisors told him to stop doing.

Saying you would see something in a couple weeks when you know that’s a lie works when you are hosting a B level reality show not so much in the WH.

I did not know until recently that Barr's father was the headmaster of an elite private school in NYC, and that he hired a very young, very unqualified Jeffrey Epstein as a math teacher. 

Epstein had no college degree, no accreditation, no resume, no nothing. 
I don't want to defend anything Epstein related.  To add some context though, Epstein was apparently very successful in that role.  

I don't want to defend anything Epstein related.  To add some context though, Epstein was apparently very successful in that role.  
Eh, I'm not sure that's right. I had posted an article a while back in the Epstein thread about how Epstein's tenure at Dalton had problems. then he magically transferred to Wall Street also similarly without credentials, I will see if I can find it.

He was guilty as hell thats why they told him to pipe down :lol:  

Remember when he was always going to clear things, promise something in 2 weeks. Another thing his advisors told him to stop doing.

Saying you would see something in a couple weeks when you know that’s a lie works when you are hosting a B level reality show not so much in the WH.
He was guilty?  You sure?  I read that he was acquitted. 

Did you get your news straight from the DNC?  If you did, I know where your problem is.   ;)

Eh, I'm not sure that's right. I had posted an article a while back in the Epstein thread about how Epstein's tenure at Dalton had problems. then he magically transferred to Wall Street also similarly without connections, I will see if I can find it.

https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/

Born in 1953 and raised in Coney Island, Epstein went to Lafayette High School. According to his bio, he took some classes in physics at Cooper Union from 1969 to 1971. He left Cooper Union in 1971 and attended NYU’s Courant Institute, where he took courses in mathematical physiology of the heart, leaving that school, too, without a degree. Between 1973 and 1975, Epstein taught calculus and physics at the Dalton School.

By most accounts, he was something of a Robin Williams–in–Dead Poets Society type of figure, wowing his high-school classes with passionate mathematical riffs. So impressed was one Wall Street father of a student that he said to Epstein point-blank: “What are you doing teaching math at Dalton? You should be working on Wall Street — why don’t you give my friend Ace Greenberg a call.”

So, Max, yeah Barr's father was a disciplinarian... but Epstein somehow evaded all that.

...But other students, including Millicent Young, a graduate of the school’s 1976 class, saw things differently. Ms. Young never had Mr. Epstein as a teacher, but the school was small enough that she would spend time around him. She recalled observing Mr. Epstein flirting with the girls at the school, which drew her attention because it was so different from how other teachers behaved.

“There was a real clarity of the inappropriateness of the behavior — that this isn’t how adult male teachers conduct themselves,” Ms. Young said.

Mr. Spizer, the fellow student who graduated the same year, said he had a clear recollection of disliking Mr. Epstein because he was spending so much time with girls in the school.

Some other students spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing retribution from Mr. Epstein. One recalled that he had made efforts to spend time with her outside the school, and she remembered raising concerns about Mr. Epstein’s conduct with another student to Mr. Dunnan. An attorney for Mr. Dunnan said the former headmaster had not been aware of any concerns about Mr. Epstein’s conduct at the school.

Another student, who also requested anonymity, fearing reprisals from Mr. Epstein, recalled seeing Mr. Epstein at a high school party in an apartment on the Upper East Side where students were drinking and socializing. Mr. Epstein was the only teacher there, which raised eyebrows among the students.

“It was weird,” said another former student, Paul Grossman, a 1978 graduate who did not attend the party but remembered hearing about it. “Everyone talked about it,” he said.

But Peter Branch, who was an interim headmaster after Mr. Barr and later the head of the high school, was not as fond of Mr. Epstein’s teaching. He said that he did not recall anyone raising concerns to him about Mr. Epstein’s conduct with students, but that he had heard concerns from the faculty about Mr. Epstein’s teaching, and eventually determined that the teacher needed to go.

“Epstein was a young teacher who didn’t come up to snuff,” Mr. Branch said. “So, ultimately, he was asked to leave.” ...

Between 1973 and 1975, Epstein taught calculus and physics at the Dalton School.

By most accounts, he was something of a Robin Williams–in–Dead Poets Society type of figure, wowing his high-school classes with passionate mathematical riffs. So impressed was one Wall Street father of a student that he said to Epstein point-blank: “What are you doing teaching math at Dalton? You should be working on Wall Street — why don’t you give my friend Ace Greenberg a call.”
See my post above - Epstein was asked to leave by the headmaster who took over for Don Barr.

Bill Bar is awesome.  A real patriot.  A true American Hero.  I have a man-crush on him.  He sits at the right hand of Jesus.  When he brought down the 10 commandments from Mount Sinai we were all blessed.  He's doing God's work.

Just echoing some sentiments in here that I saw in another thread.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, it sounds absolutely pathetic and sickening.  And now you know what that sounds like.  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread