Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

The Bill Barr Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

Quote

 

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Bill Barr has agreed to testify before the House Judiciary Committee next month as Democrats express numerous concerns about his Justice Department tenure, the committee said Wednesday.

"We are writing to confirm your agreement to testify before the House Judiciary Committee on March 31, 2020," Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., and the 22 other Democratic members of the panel said in a letter to Barr on Wednesday.

Democrats wrote that they plan to ask Barr questions about the Justice Department's decision to overrule career prosecutors and propose a reduction in the sentence for Trump confidante Roger Stone. The backpedal, announced Tuesday, led to all four of the prosecutors withdrawing from the criminal case.

They also wrote that they plan to ask about the Justice Department's dealings with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani as well as the removal of U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu who oversaw the prosecutions of Stone, Trump’s deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates and Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

 

Everyone happy now?  Can't wait for the show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. As he should testify about it and his handling of Rudy‘s garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Everyone happy now?  Can't wait for the show.

I'm predicting a lot of "I don't recall" and various versions of "not being able to speak on that matter."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yes. As he should testify about it and his handling of Rudy‘s garbage.

He farmed out Rudy's findings for an independent review.  It will be handled by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pittsburgh.  It was the right thing to do.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

I'm predicting a lot of "I don't recall" and various versions of "not being able to speak on that matter."

I see Barr telling it like it is.  Dems just might not like the answers because they won't fit their agenda.  

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Everyone happy now?  

Not if he's still the president's personal lawyer....i mean AG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joffer said:

Not if he's still the president's personal lawyer....i mean AG

He's just doing his job.  Not quite at the "wingman" level.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He farmed out Rudy's findings for an independent review.  It will be handled by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pittsburgh.  It was the right thing to do.   

Rudys findings should be farmed out to the shredder and not a matter of a review by the government at all.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Rudys findings should be farmed out to the shredder and not a matter of a review by the government at all.

Don't be scared of the truth.  All Rudy's stuff will be vetted.  If it's BS, then to the shredder it is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Don't be scared of the truth.  All Rudy's stuff will be vetted.  If it's BS, then to the shredder it is.  

Truth isnt what Rudy is dealing in though.  Even Fox knew that.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/leaked-memo-shows-fox-knew-hannitys-show-pushed-ukraine-disinformation-did-nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First read this as the “Bill Burr Appreciation Thread” big fan.

Bill Barr not so much. Being Trump ‘s toady isn’t a good look for anyone.

Also, he looks exactly like a badly aged Ralphy from “A Christmas Story”. Kind of freaks me out.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

What fact did Rudy give Hannity that was a known lie?  The article didn't totally explain that.  

Or is this a case where the media and Biden claim it's debunked, so questioning it is considered disinformation? 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max Power said:

What fact did Rudy give Hannity that was a known lie?  The article didn't totally explain that.  

Or is this a case where the media and Biden claim it's debunked, so questioning it is considered disinformation? 

Its in their memos...point being, Rudy has been pushing propaganda and conspiracy BA that shouldn’t be given any serious time.

Biden claiming it?  Fox’s execs claimed it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sho nuff said:

Its in their memos...point being, Rudy has been pushing propaganda and conspiracy BA that shouldn’t be given any serious time.

Biden claiming it?  Fox’s execs claimed it...

And now we get a real investigation.  One that should have been started months ago.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

And now we get a real investigation.  One that should have been started months ago.  

A real investigation for what?  And its predicated on compromised information of the President's personal attorney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcintyre1 said:

I'm predicting a lot of "I don't recall" and various versions of "not being able to speak on that matter."

So right out of the Bill Clinton playbook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

A real investigation for what?  And its predicated on compromised information of the President's personal attorney.

Independently vetted information.  Why are you so against someone looking into the validity of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Independently vetted information.  Why are you so against someone looking into the validity of it?

Because it isnt how anything should work where the President directs his personal attorney to investigate a rivals son without probable cause.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Because it isnt how anything should work where the President directs his personal attorney to investigate a rivals son without probable cause.

 

This isn't just about the Biden's, it will cover everything Ukraine 2016.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

He farmed out Rudy's findings for an independent review.  It will be handled by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pittsburgh.  It was the right thing to do.   

Not really. If Rudy has evidence of criminal conduct, it should go to the FBI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

So right out of the Bill Clinton playbook?

Bill testified at least. Took questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

Not really. If Rudy has evidence of criminal conduct, it should go to the FBI.

The DOJ has an open door policy to receive information.  Barr passing it along follows the same route the Durham probe took.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John Blutarsky said:

This thread is much better than the dictatorship thread.

Because it's based in reality. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long before President Trump has AG Barr make Rudy Giuliani’s legal troubles go away? Nixon type Saturday night massacre changes into Trump’s Saturday night massacre.

Edited by lazyike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Conservative Judge Draws a Line in the Sand With the Trump Administration

"In a jaw-dropping opinion issued by the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago on January 23, Judge Frank Easterbrook—a longtime speaker for the conservative Federalist Society and someone whom the late Justice Antonin Scalia favored to replace him on the U.S. Supreme Court—rebuked Attorney General William Barr for declaring in a letter that the court’s decision in an immigration case was 'incorrect' and thus dispensable. Barr’s letter was used as justification by the Board of Immigration Appeals (the federal agency that applies immigration laws) to ignore the court’s ruling not to deport a man who had applied for a visa to remain in the country."

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The General said:

Bill testified at least. Took questions. 

Any good lawyer will tell you when and when you don't need to testify.  Donald Trump's lawyers most likely advised against it.  They were right - he didn't need to testify as the sham was exposed.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Max Power said:

"We are writing to confirm your agreement to testify before the House Judiciary Committee on March 31, 2020," Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., and the 22 other Democratic members of the panel said in a letter to Barr on Wednesday.

I don't know why it's not more like February 18.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lazyike said:

How long before President Trump has AG Barr make Rudy Giuliani’s legal troubles go away? Nixon type Saturday night massacre changes into Trump’s Saturday night massacre.

That's called "Going Eric Holder".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not know until recently that Barr's father was the headmaster of an elite private school in NYC, and that he hired a very young, very unqualified Jeffrey Epstein as a math teacher. 

Epstein had no college degree, no accreditation, no resume, no nothing. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I see Barr telling it like it is.  Dems just might not like the answers because they won't fit their agenda.  

Fool Max Power once.  Shame on Bill Barr.  Fool Max Power twice...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Any good lawyer will tell you when and when you don't need to testify.  Donald Trump's lawyers most likely advised against it.  They were right - he didn't need to testify as the sham was exposed.

He was guilty as hell thats why they told him to pipe down :lol: 

Remember when he was always going to clear things, promise something in 2 weeks. Another thing his advisors told him to stop doing.

Saying you would see something in a couple weeks when you know that’s a lie works when you are hosting a B level reality show not so much in the WH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I did not know until recently that Barr's father was the headmaster of an elite private school in NYC, and that he hired a very young, very unqualified Jeffrey Epstein as a math teacher. 

Epstein had no college degree, no accreditation, no resume, no nothing. 

I don't want to defend anything Epstein related.  To add some context though, Epstein was apparently very successful in that role.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't want to defend anything Epstein related.  To add some context though, Epstein was apparently very successful in that role.  

Eh, I'm not sure that's right. I had posted an article a while back in the Epstein thread about how Epstein's tenure at Dalton had problems. then he magically transferred to Wall Street also similarly without credentials, I will see if I can find it.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The General said:

He was guilty as hell thats why they told him to pipe down :lol: 

Remember when he was always going to clear things, promise something in 2 weeks. Another thing his advisors told him to stop doing.

Saying you would see something in a couple weeks when you know that’s a lie works when you are hosting a B level reality show not so much in the WH.

He was guilty?  You sure?  I read that he was acquitted. 

Did you get your news straight from the DNC?  If you did, I know where your problem is.  ;)

Edited by BladeRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BladeRunner said:

He was guilty?  You sure?  I read that he was acquitted.  Did you get your news straight from the DNC?  ;)

The system isn’t perfect. Especially weighted for people in power. I get it. Not every one is as crooked as this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

The system isn’t perfect. Especially weighted for people in power. I get it. 

I can agree with this.  :thumbup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Eh, I'm not sure that's right. I had posted an article a while back in the Epstein thread about how Epstein's tenure at Dalton had problems. then he magically transferred to Wall Street also similarly without connections, I will see if I can find it.

 

Quote

 

https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/

Born in 1953 and raised in Coney Island, Epstein went to Lafayette High School. According to his bio, he took some classes in physics at Cooper Union from 1969 to 1971. He left Cooper Union in 1971 and attended NYU’s Courant Institute, where he took courses in mathematical physiology of the heart, leaving that school, too, without a degree. Between 1973 and 1975, Epstein taught calculus and physics at the Dalton School.

By most accounts, he was something of a Robin Williams–in–Dead Poets Society type of figure, wowing his high-school classes with passionate mathematical riffs. So impressed was one Wall Street father of a student that he said to Epstein point-blank: “What are you doing teaching math at Dalton? You should be working on Wall Street — why don’t you give my friend Ace Greenberg a call.”

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Max, yeah Barr's father was a disciplinarian... but Epstein somehow evaded all that.
 

Quote

...But other students, including Millicent Young, a graduate of the school’s 1976 class, saw things differently. Ms. Young never had Mr. Epstein as a teacher, but the school was small enough that she would spend time around him. She recalled observing Mr. Epstein flirting with the girls at the school, which drew her attention because it was so different from how other teachers behaved.

“There was a real clarity of the inappropriateness of the behavior — that this isn’t how adult male teachers conduct themselves,” Ms. Young said.

Mr. Spizer, the fellow student who graduated the same year, said he had a clear recollection of disliking Mr. Epstein because he was spending so much time with girls in the school.

Some other students spoke on condition of anonymity, fearing retribution from Mr. Epstein. One recalled that he had made efforts to spend time with her outside the school, and she remembered raising concerns about Mr. Epstein’s conduct with another student to Mr. Dunnan. An attorney for Mr. Dunnan said the former headmaster had not been aware of any concerns about Mr. Epstein’s conduct at the school.

Another student, who also requested anonymity, fearing reprisals from Mr. Epstein, recalled seeing Mr. Epstein at a high school party in an apartment on the Upper East Side where students were drinking and socializing. Mr. Epstein was the only teacher there, which raised eyebrows among the students.

“It was weird,” said another former student, Paul Grossman, a 1978 graduate who did not attend the party but remembered hearing about it. “Everyone talked about it,” he said.

...

But Peter Branch, who was an interim headmaster after Mr. Barr and later the head of the high school, was not as fond of Mr. Epstein’s teaching. He said that he did not recall anyone raising concerns to him about Mr. Epstein’s conduct with students, but that he had heard concerns from the faculty about Mr. Epstein’s teaching, and eventually determined that the teacher needed to go.

“Epstein was a young teacher who didn’t come up to snuff,” Mr. Branch said. “So, ultimately, he was asked to leave.” ...

 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Between 1973 and 1975, Epstein taught calculus and physics at the Dalton School.

By most accounts, he was something of a Robin Williams–in–Dead Poets Society type of figure, wowing his high-school classes with passionate mathematical riffs. So impressed was one Wall Street father of a student that he said to Epstein point-blank: “What are you doing teaching math at Dalton? You should be working on Wall Street — why don’t you give my friend Ace Greenberg a call.”

See my post above - Epstein was asked to leave by the headmaster who took over for Don Barr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Bar is awesome.  A real patriot.  A true American Hero.  I have a man-crush on him.  He sits at the right hand of Jesus.  When he brought down the 10 commandments from Mount Sinai we were all blessed.  He's doing God's work.

Just echoing some sentiments in here that I saw in another thread.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, it sounds absolutely pathetic and sickening.  And now you know what that sounds like.  ;)

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Barr is the best, big fan. Gonna be fun watching him smack down Democrat conspiracy theories (again) at the hearing next month.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I don't know why it's not more like February 18.

Maybe they are giving up interrogating power hungry autocrats for lent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.