Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

The Bill Barr Appreciation Thread

45 minutes ago, lazyike said:

How long before President Trump has AG Barr make Rudy Giuliani’s legal troubles go away? Nixon type Saturday night massacre changes into Trump’s Saturday night massacre.

It's probably already happened. We just haven't heard of it. The creation of a channel through the Pitt PA USA office is likely a way to create a normality or propriety around what Giuliani was doing, he - and Trump - is insulated now. I think Barr has likely already interfered there.

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

When's the Dysentery Appreciation Thread?

It's alive and well at oregontrailguys.com.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

So, what's the deal here? If you're under the jurisdiction of the AG you have to comply? I call bs. This guy doesn't get to run roughshod over anything he wants. This is why someone was asking for whistleblowers within the Dept of Justice to step forward toot sweet.

1 hour ago, lazyike said:

How long before President Trump has AG Barr make Rudy Giuliani’s legal troubles go away? Nixon type Saturday night massacre changes into Trump’s Saturday night massacre.

He probably already has. Giuliani hasn't been charged with anything even though he has been working hand in hand with Parnas and Fruman for over a year.

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I don't know why it's not more like February 18.

19 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Maybe they are giving up interrogating power hungry autocrats for lent. 

Gives Barr and Trump 6 more weeks to upset Democrats so he doesn't have to do this twice.  I'm sure several more complaints will be added by then.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
16 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

It's alive and well at oregontrailguys.com.

How about one for the little fish in the Amazon that swims up your urine stream into your urethra?

Alive and well at urinetrailguys.com

12 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

He probably already has. Giuliani hasn't been charged with anything even though he has been working hand in hand with Parnas and Fruman for over a year.

Maybe we'll get a Giuliani investigation after we get a Biden investigation?

17 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

So, what's the deal here? If you're under the jurisdiction of the AG you have to comply? I call bs. This guy doesn't get to run roughshod over anything he wants. This is why someone was asking for whistleblowers within the Dept of Justice to step forward toot sweet.

Seems like we got all kind of whistleblowers stepping forward, just none of them with 1st hand or direct information.  All kinds of hearsay, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

How about one for the little fish in the Amazon that swims up your urine stream into your urethra?

You have to pay extra for that. 

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

That's called "Going Eric Holder".

I was a Republican ( at the time) and no fan of President Obama. I remember being upset with Lois Lerner pleading the 5th, thinking and hoping that they would find something in those Benghazi hearings. But I do not recall any chatter or talk about Holder protecting President  Obama talking about the need for any DOJ investigation to end or him saying it was unfair.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Seems like we got all kind of whistleblowers stepping forward, just none of them with 1st hand or direct information.  All kinds of hearsay, though.

BS. Those with first hand knowledge ignored subpeonas. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

53 minutes ago, lazyike said:

I was a Republican ( at the time) and no fan of President Obama. I remember being upset with Lois Lerner pleading the 5th, thinking and hoping that they would find something in those Benghazi hearings. But I do not recall any chatter or talk about Holder protecting President  Obama talking about the need for any DOJ investigation to end or him saying it was unfair.

Fast n' Furious, anyone?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Fast n' Furious, anyone?

Not that one either

31 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Fast n' Furious, anyone?

Had zero implications for criminal liability for Obama or anyone he knew personally or politically. That’s just one difference.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I see Barr telling it like it is.  Dems just might not like the answers because they won't fit their agenda.  

Another guy who tells it like it is, Trump - the biggest liar to ever reside in the WH.  Not sure if folks appreciate that or not.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Had zero implications for criminal liability for Obama or anyone he knew personally or politically. That’s just one difference.

Wasn't that investigation also initiated by a whistle blower complaint? Amazingly, the attitudes of many prominent Republicans towards whistleblower protection back then is the exact opposite of what it is now. What a coincidence!

5 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

We can also use this as the Bill Barr impeachment inquiry thread.

Everybody thinks they love this #### when it's their guy -- WINNING.

But everyone suffers in the end when democratic rules, norms and standards are ditched.  It's only a matter of time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

What fact did Rudy give Hannity that was a known lie?  The article didn't totally explain that.  

Or is this a case where the media and Biden claim it's debunked, so questioning it is considered disinformation? 

Media gaslighting at its finest

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Any good lawyer will tell you when and when you don't need to testify.  Donald Trump's lawyers most likely advised against it.  They were right - he didn't need to testify as the sham was exposed.

Why would he expose himself to legal jeopardy with nothing to gain.  This crowd would cry perjury if he said the sky was blue and the media would play along like it was the most grievous thing a President has ever done.

Edited by Sam Quentin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I did not know until recently that Barr's father was the headmaster of an elite private school in NYC, and that he hired a very young, very unqualified Jeffrey Epstein as a math teacher. 

Epstein had no college degree, no accreditation, no resume, no nothing. 

It’s kind of sketchy on who hired Epstein as Donald Barr resigned before Epstein was hired 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

The candiru.

1 hour ago, Sam Quentin said:

It’s kind of sketchy on who hired Epstein as Donald Barr resigned before Epstein was hired 

The time line says quite different. 

A Google search of Barr/Epstein floods with results that puts Epstein hiring by Barr in 1973. 

Barr's resignation came in 1974.

• Laughing 1

7 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Eh, I'm not sure that's right. I had posted an article a while back in the Epstein thread about how Epstein's tenure at Dalton had problems. then he magically transferred to Wall Street also similarly without credentials, I will see if I can find it.

Saints is so close, yet so far from the truth. 

Daddy Barr "allegedly" took part in the hiring of Epstein in 1974. Daddy Barr resigned from Dalton School in February 1974 over disagreement with the board of trustees. Epstein began teaching at Dalton School in "late" 1974

Epstein begins his life long hobby of pursuing barely legal or not quite yet legal females.

Dalton School caters to the rich and connected.

Anderson Cooper, of Vanderbilt lineage and long assumed to be a CIA asset, attended Dalton School. Along with many future Hollywood stars.

There is likely a story involving Dalton School and Epstein, but it involves those who shall not be named rather than Daddy Barr.

Also, it is cute the lengths the left go to attach Epstein to Trump, meanwhile Bill Clinton flew several dozen times on the Rape Plane, visited Rape Island, and had Epstein's pimp (Ghislaine Maxwell) as a guest at Chelsea's wedding, long after Epstein's proclivities were public knowledge.

Edited by Bozeman Bruiser
Corrected date of Barr resignation from June 1974 to February 1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lazyike said:

Google Fast & Furious.

It seems as if quite a few people never paid attention to political news until Orange Man Became Bad.

• Like 2

I love it.

Greatest trick Trump ever pulled was to get all the haters on record claiming to care about executive overreach, an authoritarian DOJ/FBI, collusion with foreign entities to interfere with elections, targeting of political opponents, and disinformation campaigns by the media, both legacy and social.

As the light is shone on everything that has happened over the last 4 years there will be an opportunity for all of them to either condemn this country's real traitors or wear their hypocrisy loud and proud.

🍿

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Google Fast & Furious.

It seems as if quite a few people never paid attention to political news until Orange Man Became Bad.

Couldn't agree more Bozeman. The (imo) disingenuous arguments provided by many here are astounding. 

Edited by Space Captain
clarity
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Daddy Barr resigned from Dalton School in February 1974 over disagreement with the board of trustees. Epstein began teaching at Dalton School in "late" 1974

The wiki you post states “He was hired by Donald Barr... .”  Barr resigned then but left at the end of 1974 per the NYT. The NYT has Epstein starting fall of 1974, while the NY Magazine article Max cites has him starting 1973.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

7 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

He was guilty?  You sure?  I read that he was acquitted. 

Did you get your news straight from the DNC?  If you did, I know where your problem is.  ;)

I’m sure. He did it.  Being acquitted by the sycophant GOP senators means sweet #### all in any objective analysis of the evidence.  Which was overwhelming.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Space Captain said:

The (imo) disingenuous arguments provided by many here are astounding. 

True...but i think we disagree with who is making those arguments.

4 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

The most dangerous fish...

Can we get a bucket of these for the moat?

It's now called a moot.  But a moat point since the wall will be blown down and make a bridge over it.

“With Bill Barr, on an amazing number of occasions … you can be almost 100 percent certain that there’s something improper going on,” said Donald Ayer, the former deputy attorney general in the George H.W. Bush administration.

Politico

- Former DAG under Bush Sr.

I think the Jessie Liu situation is even worse than the Stone prosecutors situation, because Liu essentially stepped in for Mueller on the remaining key Mueller prosecutions. Trump tried the same deal with Liu last year when the post-Mueller landscape was still very much in doubt, however this time they ensured they filled her position before she could return if/when they withdrew her nomination.

A Conservative Judge Draws a Line in the Sand With the Trump Administration

Outraged the attorney general had ignored a court order, he authors a blistering opinion rebuking William Barr for overstepping his constitutional authority.

In a jaw-dropping opinion issued by the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago on January 23, Judge Frank Easterbrook—a longtime speaker for the conservative Federalist Society and someone whom the late Justice Antonin Scalia favored to replace him on the U.S. Supreme Court—rebuked Attorney General William Barr for declaring in a letter that the court’s decision in an immigration case was “incorrect” and thus dispensable. Barr’s letter was used as justification by the Board of Immigration Appeals (the federal agency that applies immigration laws) to ignore the court’s ruling not to deport a man who had applied for a visa to remain in the country.

The 7th Circuit case involved an undocumented immigrant, Jorge Baez-Sanchez, who was subject to removal from the United States after being convicted of a crime. Baez-Sanchez applied for a special visa allowing him to remain in the U.S. if he was also a victim of a crime. An immigration judge twice granted Baez-Sanchez a waiver. But the Board of Immigration Appeals reversed the immigration judge’s decision, claiming that only the attorney general personally could grant waivers—not immigration judges. Baez-Sanchez appealed to the 7th Circuit, which disagreed and remanded the case with a directive that the Department of Homeland Security comply with the immigration judge’s waiver. When it refused, Easterbrook, a 35-year veteran of the court, had had enough of the willful disregard for judicial authority.

“We have never before encountered defiance of a remand order, and we hope never to see it again,” Easterbrook wrote. “Members of the Board must count themselves lucky that Baez-Sanchez has not asked us to hold them in contempt, with all the consequences that possibility entails.”

Given Trump’s record of defiance, Barr’s maneuver is predictable—but it is a shocking break with more than 200 years of constitutional and legal precedent.

... In defying the 7th Circuit, therefore, Attorney General Barr challenged the validity of Marbury v. Madison itself—and thus the federal judiciary’s authority to say what the law is and have it stick. ...

- Barr instructed the federal immigration appeals board to ignore a court order.

9 hours ago, zoonation said:

I’m sure. He did it.  Being acquitted by the sycophant GOP senators means sweet #### all in any objective analysis of the evidence.  Which was overwhelming.  

Or, conversely, being indicted by sycophant DNC Representatives means sweet #### all in any objective analysis of the evidence.  Which was NOT overwhelming.  Not even close.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Attorney General William Barr was correct in realizing that Roger Stone's previously recommended nine-year sentence by Justice Department (DOJ) prosecutors would have been "absolutely excessive," White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham affirmed Thursday.

Grisham said that the administration expected retaliation from Democrats after President Trump tweeted in support of Barr and senior DOJ leaders' decision to effectively overrule a previous judgment in the former Trump adviser's case by seeking a lesser sentence.

In an apparent protest of the reversal, on Tuesday four career DOJ prosecutors abruptly withdrew from their posts.

Since then, Democrats have accused the president of interfering in the process -- a charge which the president has vehemently denied -- and called for Barr's resignation. Additionally, the case has been complicated further by questions over possible juror bias.

Meanwhile, it emerged Wednesday that U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson had denied a defense request to strike a potential juror who was an Obama-era press official with admitted anti-Trump views -- and whose husband worked at the same DOJ division that handled the probe leading to Stone's arrest.

And, another Stone juror, Seth Cousins, donated to former Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke and other progressive causes, federal election records reviewed by Fox News show.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/grisham-bill-barr-roger-stone-sentence-excessive

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

So what. No big deal. The Judge ruled against the defense. Too late to cry about it now. I hope Judge Amy Berman Jackson throws the federal sentencing guidelines book at Roger Stone. She absolutely should make an example out of him and this farce coming from the AG and DJT.

25 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

So what. No big deal. The Judge ruled against the defense. Too late to cry about it now. I hope Judge Amy Berman Jackson throws the federal sentencing guidelines book at Roger Stone. She absolutely should make an example out of him and this farce coming from the AG and DJT.

All three of them should be in prison

12 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The wiki you post states “He was hired by Donald Barr... .”  Barr resigned then but left at the end of 1974 per the NYT. The NYT has Epstein starting fall of 1974, while the NY Magazine article Max cites has him starting 1973.

If you look closely you see I posted three different links.

The Epstein wiki page claims "Barr hired Epstein" with their source being a Forbes article, whose source is a ####### tweet from some rando blue checker. The NYT article also listed as source for that claim is blocked on my end because of greedy fake news. Perhaps you can get past their paywall and share their sourcing. 

The Barr wiki page claims "Barr allegedly hired Epstein" with no source.

The NYT newspaper article from February 1974 announces Barr's resignation, but that he will stay on to finish his contract/term ending in June.

The Epstein wiki page states that he began teaching in September 1974, presumably the beginning of fall term.

Lots of disinformation out there, whether intentional or just clickbait.

Logic would state that if Daddy Barr announces resignation in February 1974 over disagreement with Board of Trustees that he would likely not be involved with any high level or long term decisions for Dalton School while he served out the last 3-4 months of his contract.

Who knows if or how much he was involved in the hiring of Epstein, so far there hasn't been any actual evidence to answer that. Every claim I have seen connecting the two came after Epstein's death and the attempt by some to pin it on Trump as a cover up.

Either way, he was long gone before Epstein started giving teenage students the Biden treatment. Sniff sniff grab.

The Barr-Epstein storyline appears to be yet another in the long line of Project/Deflect attempts by the left to cover up their own sins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Politico

- Former DAG under Bush Sr.

I will never forget the front page of the NYTimes with Weinberger laughing during his press conference. (original behind pay wall, link to related story with pic: AP wipes Iran-Contra pardons from Bill Barr's record: Another win for conventional wisdom

Reaction to Iran-Contra Pardon

Secretary Weinberger held a news conference shortly after he received a presidential pardon for his involvement in the Iran-Contra affair, in which money obtained from the sale of arms to Iran was diverted to fund the Contras in Central America. Secretary Weinberger maintained his innocence in the affair, and said further release of information would not show complicity in the deal by President Bush. He also complained of the lawlessness and vindictiveness of the Independent Counsel investigating the case, Lawrence Walsh.

The bolded sounds kinda familiar.

Edited by Lutherman2112
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I think the Jessie Liu situation is even worse than the Stone prosecutors situation, because Liu essentially stepped in for Mueller on the remaining key Mueller prosecutions. Trump tried the same deal with Liu last year when the post-Mueller landscape was still very much in doubt, however this time they ensured they filled her position before she could return if/when they withdrew her nomination.

Re: Jessica Liu

She was involved in the case against James Wolfe who got caught leaking the Carter Page FISA application to his side piece at the NYT.

She ended up dropping all charges (including leaking classified intel) in exchange for one count of lying to the FBI. Isn't that the same charge against Stone btw? I wonder how much time Wolfe was sentenced to, 4 years? 7 years? Oh that's right, he got 2 MONTHS

There is some titillating background on the case of Wolfe stealing and leaking the FISA apps and all parties involved in the cover up, and their likely motives.

Short YouTube clip from Lou Dobbs giving the tldr version.

Deep dive by Sundance that lays out step by step (with full sourcing) exactly what happened with the FISA leaks and cover up.

I suspect the Dems fully back out of their 3/31 hearing with Barr because getting all of this on record in full view of the public will not end well for them, even with the fake news running 24/7 propaganda cover.

It is a shame we don't have an honest media or this all would have come out in 2017, 2018, and 2019. But then that would have exposed the coup attempt. 

For anyone who thinks Trump/Barr are overreaching, you ain't seen nothing yet. Full disclosure and full justice is about to take place, buckle up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Barr is the man.

In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President Donald Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.

“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.

When asked if he was prepared for the consequences of criticizing the president – his boss – Barr said “of course” because his job is to run the Justice Department and make decisions on “what I think is the right thing to do.”

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president,” Barr said. “I’m gonna do what I think is right. And you know … I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1