What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Bill Barr Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

The founder of the fraudulent Trump University is worried about potential corruption in Ukraine!  But only after Biden announces he is running.  

checks out.

Also, still haven’t heard why Trump released the money?  What changed?  If he was legitimately holding it back, why did he release it?  

He is on tape saying fire the prosecutor or you don’t get the money

even if he had a legitimate justification for that, it is still is a clear conflict of interest and to an outside observer, like Trump, has the appearance of a potential crime.   It’s very legitimate to ask the question and ask  Ukraine if Shokin was a martyr or a crook.
That wasn’t  the lie...claiming he admitted to wanting him fired for investigating Burisma was.  The only person who claims it was being investigated is the guy who got fired.  All others agree he was not investigating...which is why the US (pursued by Biden with bipartisan support) and our european allies wanted him fired.  He was doing nothing about corruption.

It wasn't legitimate for Trump to ask...it was crap to mess with a rival.  And of course, it worked.

“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.
"Donald, a little heads-up: your tweets about how I'm compromising the independence of the DOJ on your behalf are making it harder for me to compromise the independence of the DOJ on your behalf."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jessica Liu

She was involved in the case against James Wolfe who got caught leaking the Carter Page FISA application to his side piece at the NYT.

She ended up dropping all charges (including leaking classified intel) in exchange for one count of lying to the FBI. Isn't that the same charge against Stone btw? I wonder how much time Wolfe was sentenced to, 4 years? 7 years? Oh that's right, he got 2 MONTHS

There is some titillating background on the case of Wolfe stealing and leaking the FISA apps and all parties involved in the cover up, and their likely motives.
Court documents describe Mr. Wolfe’s communications with four reporters — including Ms. Watkins — using encrypted messaging applications. It appeared that the F.B.I. was investigating how Ms. Watkins learned that Russian spies in 2013 had tried to recruit Carter Page, a former Trump foreign policy adviser. She published an article for BuzzFeed News on April 3, 2017, about the attempted recruitment of Mr. Page in which he confirmed the contacts.Court documents describe Mr. Wolfe’s communications with four reporters — including Ms. Watkins — using encrypted messaging applications. It appeared that the F.B.I. was investigating how Ms. Watkins learned that Russian spies in 2013 had tried to recruit Carter Page, a former Trump foreign policy adviser. She published an article for BuzzFeed News on April 3, 2017, about the attempted recruitment of Mr. Page in which he confirmed the contacts.
NYT

Thanks for the response. - I guess I'm confused - You're claiming Wolfe was prosecuted on the much lamented "process crime" here. Mueller and DOJ have also prosecuted Greg Craig (D) and put Tony Podesta out of business.

However: No, actually it's not the same as Stone's nor was Wolfe's behavior under indictment the same as Stone's.

The jury found Stone guilty of obstructing a congressional investigation, making numerous false statements to Congress, and witness tampering. This conduct was part of an effort to hide from Congress and to craft a false narrative about Stone’s conduct in 2016.

Either way, he was long gone before Epstein started giving teenage students the Biden treatment. Sniff sniff grab.
Eh, aside from the categorization of Biden - I get the point and I largely agree. I don't think Don Barr was all in dirty cahoots with the younger Epstein. This all just got started because Max raised whether Epstein had done anything really improper at Dalton and as it turns out he did, though that's supposedly not why he was canned. A guy with no college or teaching degree turned out to be a ####ty teacher, go figure.

The NYT article also listed as source for that claim is blocked on my end because of greedy fake news. Perhaps you can get past their paywall and share their sourcing. 
Between 1973 and 1975, Epstein taught calculus and physics at the Dalton School.
That's from the NY Mag link Max posted.

In February 1974, Mr. Barr had announced that he was resigning as headmaster, protesting the meddling by the board of trustees, but that he would stay on until the end of the school year.
That's from the NYT piece I linked above. I'll add that NYT contradicts NY Mag by saying that Epstein started summer of 1974, not 1973, though that appears from a yearbook reference to him teaching a new class, which is slightly different. - The other sources appear to be students but apparently also their own archived copy of the NYT article from that time discussing Barr:

February 20, 1974, Page 41 NYT ("Barr Quits Dalton School Post, Charging Trustees' Interference").

- So apparently Don Barr's leaving was a story worthy of the NYT at the time because his administration was somewhat controversial, he was asked to leave - changing times were clashing with his disciplinarian style.

I realize - again - this does not mean or prove anything, and if I wanted to cast aspersions I'd raise Don Barr's weird scifi sex novels (yes) - this just arises because the whole Epstein thing - first with Don Barr and again with Bill Barr (once via his law firm Kirkland and again via Barr's oversight of BOP) - is something that Trump supporters feel the need to wave aside as Max did further up.

This all just got started because Max raised whether Epstein had done anything really improper at Dalton
Not really.  I was replying to a claim that Epstein was hired with "no degree, no experience, no nothing"

I posted a link to a liberal publication that implied he was a good teacher and showed his college course load which would correspond to a mathematics job.  Here is another (also liberal publication) article stating that the hire wasn't totally obscure. 

While hiring Epstein, a noted mathematics genius, was not strange on its face, the hire was unusual for a couple of reasons. Epstein had not earned a college degree as he dropped out of New York’s prestigious Cooper Union. The other odd circumstance was that the new teacher was only 20 years of age.
Bill Barr's father hiring Epstein 45 years ago boils down to a strange footnote in the Bill Barr story.  I don't judge him or his father for that.  I also don't blame him for not recusing himself from Epstein's prosecution. This incident was too far removed.  

Ah yes, openly cheering for politicization of an independent law enforcement agency, I do appreciate the ideological openness though.
Cheering for the politicization of the DOJ and FBI is what you guys have done for four years.  It was clear from pretty much the start that the Russia investigation was nonsense, but you guys cheered every process crime and perjury trap that could be squeezed out..cheered every Thursday “bombshell” released in time for the weekend news cycle to continue to gaslight the unwashed into thinking that there was a there there.  You cheered every overreach, every breach of basic rights like attorney-client privilege Every convoluted and suspect legal theory, every abuse....

Cheering for the politicization of the DOJ and FBI is what you guys have done for four years.  It was clear from pretty much the start that the Russia investigation was nonsense, but you guys cheered every process crime and perjury trap that could be squeezed out..cheered every Thursday “bombshell” released in time for the weekend news cycle to continue to gaslight the unwashed into thinking that there was a there there.  You cheered every overreach, every breach of basic rights like attorney-client privilege Every convoluted and suspect legal theory, every abuse....
There have been 2 IG investigations, 1 Special Counsel, Huber as specially appointed USA, and DOJ investigations of Hillary, Mueller, Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe and Ohr. Not to mention scores of claims in court. There have been limitless - without end! - requests to discuss the published findings in detail. It is not the Trump critics who have shirked from that.

The amazing thing in all this is that Republicans, or whatever the people supporting Trump are calling themselves today, imagine destroying the rule of law is somehow Owning the Libs

It's the civic equivalent of black rioters burning down the commercial districts in their neighborhoods in 1968:  feels good for a little while, but then you realize you needed what you destroyed too -- and probably more than the people you were mad at.

Max Power said:
He released it after his people vetted Zelensky.  
So, Trump was more worried about the incoming anti-corruption candidate than he was about the incumbent who was universally acknowledged as corrupt?  

Max Power said:
He released it after his people vetted Zelensky.  
Also, who “vetted” Zelensky?   What happened to the CNN interview where Z was going to announce an investigation?  That was all teed up and then nothing post-whistleblower?

Sam Quentin said:
I could explain this case to you for the thousandth time, but it would fall on deaf ears.

the short version is:

- it is legal for the President to request that any allegation be investigated.  IIRC, Clinton asked Hubble to look into aliens and Kennedy

- it is a duty of office to not look the other way at apparent criminal activity

- Biden admitted to pressuring Ukraine to fire a prosecutor that was investigating a company that was paying his son millions of $$ for nothing

- there was probable cause and Trump wanted truthful information sent to the DOJ

- the Ukraine never felt any pressure to produce anything and did not produce anything

-Ukraine got the money proving there were no strings attached

no quid. No pro. No quo.  

- the conversation was not publicized and not communicated to any members of the campaign.  There was a clear segregation between Presidential duties and campaign duties.

I am not sure what you think he did.  If the request was slow walked while due diligence was going on, then that falls within the duties of office as the money aid was sent before any deadline.

Pop
Help me to understand.  Probable cause of what crime?    If you have a citation to the section of the U.S. Code which was violated or under consideration I would appreciate that, I would like to read it. 

Are we talking Chapter 11 of 18 U.S. Code and if so which Section?

This post here sums up the power of propaganda and disinformation. And the effect it has on certain people, including many on this forum.

Biden is on video admitting to bribing Ukraine with a billion dollars if they don't fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma.

Burisma paid Hunter Biden, a literal crackhead kicked out of the Navy, millions of dollars.

Burisma was widely acknowledged to be a corrupt company, owned by an oligarch under investigation by multiple agencies around the world.

And yet here we are with Detective Shonuff and his catchphrase "debunked". As if that word magically erased the video of Biden admitting to bribery and quid pro quo. As if that word magically erased the documents (that have never been disputed) showing Hunter Biden received millions in payments from the corrupt Burisma.

There are plenty of gray areas in politics, Joe Biden admitting to bribery of Ukraine officials over the corrupt gas company paying his son millions of dollars is not one of them.
They weren’t investigating Burisma (as I already pointed out...as has been pointed out many times on this board).

Also...Bidem didn’t  bribe them...he was acting (with bipartisanship support) as official us policy .  Far different than Trump...its ok, it’s obvious, you can admit it now.

So yes...propaganda works...which is why lies like I responded to before and now as well keep getting posted.

This post here sums up the power of propaganda and disinformation. And the effect it has on certain people, including many on this forum.

Biden is on video admitting to bribing Ukraine with a billion dollars if they don't fire the prosecutor investigating Burisma.

Burisma paid Hunter Biden, a literal crackhead kicked out of the Navy, millions of dollars.

Burisma was widely acknowledged to be a corrupt company, owned by an oligarch under investigation by multiple agencies around the world.

And yet here we are with Detective Shonuff and his catchphrase "debunked". As if that word magically erased the video of Biden admitting to bribery and quid pro quo. As if that word magically erased the documents (that have never been disputed) showing Hunter Biden received millions in payments from the corrupt Burisma.

There are plenty of gray areas in politics, Joe Biden admitting to bribery of Ukraine officials over the corrupt gas company paying his son millions of dollars is not one of them.
This entire post is pure bunk. None of these statements are true. I won't bother countering it because every time you post these baseless claims someone else does counter them, you ignore it and repeat (again) the lies and propaganda you've been fed. But hey, you go on believing crap that reinforces your preconceived notions.

I am not a fan of him letting McCabe go.  It’s a very bad look for the entire department.  His whole let’s stop having each side trying to arrest the other side schtick is how you get a swamp and how you get IG reports about DOJ/FBI behavior that is truly appalling.  If that is his stance then we need to repeal the Patriot Act and all FISA surveillance because these guys cannot be trusted with that power if they are incapable of facing the consequences of the abuses.

This entire post is pure bunk. None of these statements are true. I won't bother countering it because every time you post these baseless claims someone else does counter them, you ignore it and repeat (again) the lies and propaganda you've been fed. But hey, you go on believing crap that reinforces your preconceived notions.
:goodposting:  I too gave up trying to counter his arguments with facts. 

Barr’s greatest moment was preventing the usual suspects from framing the Mueller Report with propaganda.  His release press conference was brilliance.  
Weren’t you the guy who insisted on reading Horowitz’s report “unfiltered” but then when it came out having heard its conclusions you decided you didn’t even want to so much look at it?

Appreciation for Bill Barr -

He does not sweat much for a fat man.

He never taxes my intelligence by taking the time to structure plausible lies.

He has never taken the last beer out of my fridge without asking.

He generally lights a match after.

Sure

it

is.

Care to support your assertion that what I said wasn't true?

https://www.cbs17.com/news/mueller-said-barrs-summary-did-not-misrepresent-report-but-caused-confusion/

WASHINGTON (AP) – Attorney General William Barr says special counsel Robert Mueller told him that Barr didn’t “misrepresent” Mueller’s Russia report in a letter summarizing the probe’s principal conclusions.

The attorney general testified Wednesday before Congress and responded to the release of a March 27 letter from Mueller complaining that Barr’s four-page letter about the report “did not fully capture the context, nature and substance” of the special counsel’s “work and conclusions.”

Barr says he called Mueller after receiving his complaints and Mueller told him “he was not suggesting that we had misrepresented his report.”

Barr says Mueller told him press reports were reading too much into Barr’s letter and Mueller wanted the public to see more of his reasoning for not answering the question of whether President Donald Trump committed obstruction of justice.

All 3.  I am going off the word of our Attorney General. 

Quit spreading misinformation.  
The attormey general isn’t trustworthy to be discussing his own summaries.

Also...according the media bias charts...no, all three of my sources were not biased.  And you brought zero sources or links.  As usual

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-chart

You continue to quote opinion pieces from far left or left leaning sources and passing them off as fact to win some argument in your mind.  Barr is more reputable from some “hot take” you find.  Stop it. 

The attormey general isn’t trustworthy to be discussing his own summaries.

Also...according the media bias charts...no, all three of my sources were not biased.  And you brought zero sources or links.  As usual

Users who are viewing this thread