What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PB&J - How many knives? (1 Viewer)

How many knives do you use when making a PB&J sandwich?

• 1 knife - contaminate PB jar with jelly

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • 1 knife - contaminate jelly jar with PB

Votes: 32 32.0%
  • 1 knife - wash the knife in between

Votes: 38 38.0%
  • 2 knives

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters

FreeBaGeL

Footballguy
Watched a buddy and his wife get into an actual argument over this.  Wife said she hates peanut butter contaminating the jar of jelly.  Husband said he refuses to clean an extra knife.  Where to FBGs come down on this one?

Sometimes i use two knives sometimes wash the knife before I use the jelly. Sometimes pull out a knife and spoon.

Whatever floats my boat.

And I love to lightly toast my bread for a PB&J.

Flawed.

Three.

I also use a clean knife to slice the sandwich (corner to corner). I'm not a savage,

I start with PB and when Im done, I "clean" the knife on the bread I will be using for jelly. 
That's how I do it.

But I usually end up using two knives because I'll put the knife in the sink after I cut the sandwich, and my son will complain about how I cut the bread, and I will need to use the second knife to cut it again in a different direction in an effort to make amends.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 spoon - jelly, wipe spoon off on other slice of bread, peanut butter.   Never a complaint from my wife, so I must be doing it right.  

Peanut butter - jelly 

Contaminate, we rarely eat jelly without peanut butter anyway. 

I think I could live on pb&j.   
There was a time in my life that I practically did! My dad loves to tell the story of me moving back in with him for a time - My dad has 30+ years of sobriety. A couple years after he got sober I moved back in with him for a time - I was about 20/21. He had 2 rules - 1) I couldn't bring alcohol in the house; 2) I had to feed myself. I moved in with a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, a 4 lb can of PB, and a 3 lb jar of Jelly. I probably had a few other things but that's his memory of it and I like it. 

Pretty sure it's the neanderthals that need a spoon as a crutch instead of being capable of using a knife like the sophisticated among us.
The viscosity of jelly make the selection of a knife as an instrument to extract a precise amount of jelly from its jar a completely illogical choice.  The spoon is the proper tool for the job if one desires to truly make the perfect sandwich.  

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
1 spoon - jelly, wipe spoon off on other slice of bread, peanut butter.   Never a complaint from my wife, so I must be doing it right.  
1 knife,  abundantly spread pb on one slice of bread. wipe knife with thin amount of p. on other side of bread then jelly. use paper napkin if necessary after pb. 

ETA pb on both sides of bread prevents jelly soaking thru one slice.

The viscosity of jelly make the selection of a knife as an instrument to extract a precise amount of jelly from its jar a completely illogical choice.  The spoon is the proper tool for the job if one desires to truly make the perfect sandwich.  
Only if you're an uncoordinated gorilla.  I get the perfect amount with a  knife every time.

Hey dude I make a point of recycling anything that doesn't fit in my regular garbage cans.
I only recently (last year) learned that all those plastic bags from CVS, Walgreen's, etc. shouldn't be recycled.  :bag:   Some stores do collect them (as does my DIL to wrap up her kids' nasty diapers) for other re-uses.  What a tough job it must be to be a picker at the recycling center.

I only recently (last year) learned that all those plastic bags from CVS, Walgreen's, etc. shouldn't be recycled.  :bag:   Some stores do collect them (as does my DIL to wrap up her kids' nasty diapers) for other re-uses.  What a tough job it must be to be a picker at the recycling center.
What?!?!    So what plastic bags should be recycled?

This is the last thing I expected to read.  You and my wife are the only two people I know on the entire planet that does it this way.

:mellow:

I start with PB and when Im done, I "clean" the knife on the bread I will be using for jelly. 

This is the answer.  One run on each side of the knife on the clean piece of bread solves the problem.  I thought this was how everyone did it.

This.  I thought this is how everyone does it.  Whoever does it differently are base savages.
Yep.  I didn't even think anybody would have a different option.  Also, I didn't vote because this method was not listed. 

One knife. 

PB, then scrape knife on top of PB jar to collect the unused portion from the knife, then jelly.

I hate PB.  Not allergic, just loathe it.  Strictly 2 knife rule in my house. If I catch any stinkin PB shrapnel in the jelly there is hell to pay. 

Users who are viewing this thread