What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How often do you brush your teeth and when? (1 Viewer)

When do you brush your teeth? (Check all that apply)

• As soon as I wake up

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • Right after I eat breakfast

Votes: 35 28.9%
  • In between breakfast and lunch

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Right after I eat lunch

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • In between lunch and dinner

• Right after dinner

• Right before bed

Votes: 85 70.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
I'm admittedly an overbrusher, so I'm wondering which sessions I need to dial back on to get within the 2-3 times a day recommendation.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Where’s the “I’m pregnant so I brush every hour” option. Not pregnant I do morning and before bed and sometimes in the middle of the day if I feel like it or I’m going somewhere. 

normally only once in the morning....

If I get home from work and am going out somewhere I'll bursh again.

On a normal day it is usually once in the morning

After breakfast. Before bed.

Got into a nice run after lunch at work...will try to get back into that.

I *get* waking up and wanting to brush right away...but think it's best done after eating. At least that's what my dentist-dad always said.

Right after I get up in the morning...typically don't eat breakfast and right before bed.  Occasionally I'll add a 3rd brushing after I eat something like corn on the cob or popcorn.

More than 3 times a day Cranks?  You're not one of those at work brushers are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
After showering (don't eat breakfast)

And at work, inbetween lunch and when I leave.

Sometimes before bed. I usually pass out / forget.  

I *get* waking up and wanting to brush right away...but think it's best done after eating. At least that's what my dentist-dad always said.
I'm transitioning to the mouthwash only when I get up and then brush after breakfast, lunch and dinner.  My wife and I were brushing like 5-6 times a day which has worn my gums back a bit (after snacks and stuff).

Every morning in the shower; (almost) every night before bed; (usually) any time I leave home to socialize; occasionally mid-day after lunch.

I have to be honest...I'm only brushing once a day.  A nice thorough electric brush for 3 minutes.  Usually before I leave the house whether that is in the am or pm.  

I also chew sugarless gum after coffee and lunch...again, per my dentist-dad, the act of chewing promotes saliva which acts to fight plaque and tartar buildup. Plus minty breath

Really surprised so many people brush right when they wake up, why not just wait until after breakfast?

After breakfast  :brush:

Before bed  :brush:

I also floss in the morning and use mouthwash. I use those GUM picks at night before I brush - those things are great for keeping plaque away.

That's what I do, too. 

I remember hearing somewhat recently that it might be better to brush before breakfast - something about acidic breakfast food/drink making it so brushing soon after wears away more than you want. 

But if you're having something like OJ with your breakfast, brushing before makes it taste like crap.  Plus the fresh breath for a little while after is an advantage to brushing, so why put food in there right after?

Can’t fathom eating breakfast with morning mouth. I gotta get that sewer clean ASAP before i do anything. 

First thing in the morning (pre-shower) and before bed at night.  90% of days.

Once in a while after a particularly fetid meal during the day.

Moring and before I go to bed.  I always rinse my mouth out with water after I eat during the day and can`t brush.  Floss is always in my car just in case.

Walking Boot said:
I eat breakfast four hours after I wake up
Similar, no set time but I usually don't start eating until 11-noon. I don't brush my teeth right when I wake up though. I will have coffee cup #1 in bed then brush my teeth.

facook said:
First thing in the morning (pre-shower) and before bed at night.  90% of days.

Once in a while after a particularly fetid meal during the day.
Sounds like a Meat Puppets cover band from Muskegon.

Is mouthwash still considered good to use? 

Mouthwash may seem a beneficial, or at least harmless, addition to a daily tooth brushing routine.

But a new study suggests that swilling with anti-bacterial fluid could be killing helpful microbes which live in the mouth and protect against obesity and diabetes.

While mouthwash is supposed to target the bacteria which cause plaque and bad breath, in fact, it is indiscriminate, washing away beneficial strains.

Researchers at Harvard University found that people who used mouthwash twice a day were around 55 per cent more likely to develop diabetes or dangerous blood sugar spikes, within three years.

Although previous studies have found that poor oral hygiene can lead to health problems elsewhere in the body, it is the first research to show that seemingly positive practices can have unexpectedly negative consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread