What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IT Guys : getting outlook calendar to iOS (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Here's the deal... 

Company issued phone sucks (6s), so I set up email to go to my personal phone and sync my calendar. 

Company recently forced rollout of MS Comp Portal app that gives the company control over your device to monitor/wipe it. I refuse that level of access to my personal device so I'm forced to keep work email/calendar on my work phone. 

My biggest issue is the calendar... I really need to sync my outlook meetings/calendar to my personal phone if possible? How? 

Both phones on the same ITunes account if that helps? 

Here's the deal... 

Company issued phone sucks (6s), so I set up email to go to my personal phone and sync my calendar. 

Company recently forced rollout of MS Comp Portal app that gives the company control over your device to monitor/wipe it. I refuse that level of access to my personal device so I'm forced to keep work email/calendar on my work phone. 

My biggest issue is the calendar... I really need to sync my outlook meetings/calendar to my personal phone if possible? How? 

Both phones on the same ITunes account if that helps? 
This thing is the devil. My company wiped a colleague’s contacts most of which weren’t work related at all. I push everything through Google so my calendar is good to go on all devices. Guessing you can’t really do that. 

Is your Outlook email hosted on a company Exchange server or in the cloud (Office 365)?
Exchange server. 

Outlook creates a whole separate calendar in iOS on my work phone. Can't seem to get it to duplicate over to the other phone despite being the same iTunes account. 

Maybe I am misunderstanding.  If you open your Calendar and choose Calendar you can have multiple calendars showing at the same time.  Outlook would first need to download it from the server, but everything will be there.

Maybe I am misunderstanding.  If you open your Calendar and choose Calendar you can have multiple calendars showing at the same time.  Outlook would first need to download it from the server, but everything will be there.
Its on my work phone no prob. 

trying to get the appointments over to my personal phone, as I use that far more often. 

Right.  Is outlook on your personal phone with your work credentials?
Nope, sadly nothing involving work credentials will work on the personal device unless i give them root access. 

I guess I'm trying to find a way to sync/mirror the calendar to the personal device somehow :(  

The way I am interpreting this is that you would be ok (or have to be ok) with just seeing your meetings on your phone.   Why not just set up a rule to forward your invites to your personal email?

LAUNCH said:
The way I am interpreting this is that you would be ok (or have to be ok) with just seeing your meetings on your phone.   Why not just set up a rule to forward your invites to your personal email?
interesting play here. I set several manually and schedule a lot of meetings myself, but this would at least catch incoming ones.... 

You add your work email so that it follows the forwarding rule to invitations.
In Exchange, if you forward the event to any email and hit accept on the invite, the original invite gets updated with the new attendees email. With iOS calendars I've found it hit or miss with showing appointments you haven't accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread