What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Julio, Gordon, 1.03 for AJ Brown and DJ Moore (1 Viewer)

10 team .5 PPR Full Dynasty

2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 2Flex

Currently have:

RB: McCaffrey, Hunt, Guice, Michel, Jacobs, Snell Jr.

WR: Hopkins, Watkins, Cooks, Chark, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Beasley, Marquise Brown

I had no intention originally of moving Brown or Moore, but to be honest, this is a LOT of value coming back. You can also see I still have a good amount of depth at WR, and my RBs could potentially be shaky. What it really comes down to though, is I full believe 1.03 is going to be a very good player. This draft is pretty stacked.

Am I crazy for thinking this even a close trade? I'm very high on Brown and Moore, and I'm so torn on this trade.

I assume it's Melvin Gordon? 

This ages you and puts you all in for this year.  I am generally not a guy that puts a ton of value in draft picks.  They are a crap shoot and have more value to others in deals. 

As far as your WR depth you really only have Hopkins, Chark, and boom/bust Marquise Brown as guys that I see as long term assets.  Watkins is talking retirement and Cooks is one hit away from retirement. 

I am a big believer in the two WR's you would be losing and I am not a huge fan of Melvin Gordon.  I think I keep the WR's.  

I also assume it's Melvin Gordon.

I agree that this offer really ages your team a lot, and that is a problem.

Julio Jones is almost 10 years older than either Brown or Moore, and his fantasy numbers will start declining soon.  Julio didn't score many more points than Brown or Moore in my 1 point PPR league, so in .5 PPR league, they should have scored about the same amount of points.

1.03 pick is interesting, but with no blue chip draft prospects that stand out at 1.03, I wouldn't get too excited about that pick.

If Brown or Moore (both only 22 years old) would get in a good offensive system with a good young QB, either one of these young WRs could start realizing their true value.

Melvin Gordon will turn 27 this April. and Julio is already over 30 years old, so this offer would come off as a weak offer compared to the up side of either Brown or Moore.

Keep what you have.

AJ and DJ should be top 12 WRs for the next 4-5 years.  Julio is still great, but how much does he have left in the tank as an elite option?  And you don't know where Gordon is going to end up.  

Combination of age, situation and no blue chip prospect at 1.3......pass on this deal.

Users who are viewing this thread