What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Chaperone For The Evening ... (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
... will be me.

my 14 yr old daughter cobbled together a Valentine's night shindig, which has now swollen to roughly 20 guests. 

i know most of them, especially the girls, via past parties and track and drama club and dance and school functions, etc ...

but a few HS freshmen are gonna be in attendance (my daughter and most of the others in 8th grade) ... so these frosh  have endured half a year of being peons at the HS, but they'll be kings and queens around a buncha grammar school "kids" ... ya know? maybe they try and be all "worldly" and "sophisticated" and ####. 

i trust my daughter and her friends, they're pretty level headed and trouble free ... good crowd ... but i'm not so sure about the ringers popping in.  also not sure about my daughter's "boyfriend", or lack thereof, or if a suitor is gonna be attending.  i don't pry into that area of her life, Mom handles all that, and i'm on a strict "need to know" basis. 

i've assured her that i'll be down in my basement office through pretty much all of the goings on (7p-10p timeframe), but i have three floors above me that are gonna be outta my sight for roughly three hours (LOOK AT ME I LIVE IN A 1920s BUILT BRICK ROW TRIPLEX!!!1!1!)

i laid out some ground rules ...

NO autotune music. 

NO treks into the laundry room.

NO pairing off into any of the three bedrooms. 

NO going into the yard. 

if ANY are breached, i pull the plug toot sweet. 

btw, i will be drinking as the night goes on ... hmmmmm.  

part of me wants to make a grand statement right from jump, letting these young'ns know pops means business ... but the better part of me says "ehhhhh".

thoughts?

teenage rager on VD night?

yeah, really glad my gf is pulling three dance instructor shifts tonight.

i'm cool.  

:banned:

addendum to above ... i finally capitulated to letting the HS kids come last night, after much pleading from my daughter .... kinda has me worried as to WHY?

feel like she got one over on me  :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you were supposed to have your shotgun partially disassembled  for cleaning  in plain sight for all to see as they enter.
her friend Gabby already calls me "DeNiro" ... was seriously thinking of the well placed "OOOOPS!" schtick firearm angle (no shotguns up here, unfortunately ... though i do have 5 hrs to scrounge one up).

He should be worry about the kids packing IMO
this ^

though i'm quite sure the son of a "waste management" fella who i know pretty well will be there tonight to keep the punks in check. 

metal detector? 

gotta borrow the one from her school, methinks. 

Oh, dood. She's fourteen. You got played by me just typing that sentence.

Your girlfriend is throwing off the scent of the ninth grade boyfriend/crush. Don't trust her.

Getting highball drunk is in order. Then let the chips fall where they may.

Who knows? You might even get a chance for a Wepner out of the deal. (Stong notebooking, this one, eh?)

Oh, dood. She's fourteen. You got played by me just typing that sentence.

Your girlfriend is throwing off the scent of the ninth grade boyfriend/crush. Don't trust her.

Getting highball drunk is in order. Then let the chips fall where they may.

Who knows? You might even get a chance for a Wepner out of the deal. (Stong notebooking, this one, eh?)
:boxing:

Your daughter doesn't want her Mom to know about the 9th grader for fear she would nix contact with a High School boy. So she does the Dad end around.

So beat me to it by like ten seconds. 
i'd be shocked ... Mom has a very tight grip on this #### - 

Man, in all seriousness, this could be a night of great dad-shtick:

• walk in after about 15 minutes with a tray of Sunny-Delights. "Hey kids, who wants a Sunny-D"?
  • bring in some board games. "Hey kids, how about some Yahtzee?"
  • when the music starts walk up in there and start dancing. 
....stuff like that. And by all means, after they are all there for about a half hour, cut off the wifi in the house. Record reactions on your smart phone and post videos. TIA.

Wepner was for bleedin' nose from the train going off the tracks, btw. I hope that's what you thought. You know those NYC ninth graders. Otherwise... :unsure: oops.

You have your work cut out for you tonight, that's for sure
tbh, i think any AUTOTUNE music would bug the #### outta me more than anything - though it's not my kid's bag, ya never know. 

Man, in all seriousness, this could be a night of great dad-shtick:

• walk in after about 15 minutes with a tray of Sunny-Delights. "Hey kids, who wants a Sunny-D"?
  • bring in some board games. "Hey kids, how about some Yahtzee?"
  • when the music starts walk up in there and start dancing. 
....stuff like that. And by all means, after they are all there for about a half hour, cut off the wifi in the house. Record reactions on your smart phone and post videos. TIA.
yes!  THIS is the advice i was seeking  :lmao:  niiiiiiice!

relax, boomer.
dad's gettin' angry  :hot:

just spoke to my gf ... great news -

1) good chance she'll be home by 8:30, if not earlier (last class cancelled!)

2) the two HS boys coming are on the JV Hockey team (i know the coach, he bartends at a local dive).  time for some recon.

3) i asked her to hang my brass knuckles over a couple doorways, like a horseshoe motif ... pending

2) the two HS boys coming are on the JV Hockey team
Oh boy. This is bad.

You need to crosscheck those fellas as soon as they walk through the door. They need to know there will be no hip checking or high sticking in your house, if you know what I mean.

Oh boy. This is bad.

You need to crosscheck those fellas as soon as they walk through the door. They need to know there will be no hip checking or high sticking in your house, if you know what I mean.
:lmao:

hopefully they're more akin to the Hanson Brothers (milk drinkers) than Reg Dunlap ...

i trust my daughter and her friends, they're pretty level headed and trouble free ... good crowd ... but i'm not so sure about the ringers popping in.  also not sure about my daughter's "boyfriend", or lack thereof, or if a suitor is gonna be attending.  i don't pry into that area of her life, Mom handles all that, and i'm on a strict "need to know" basis. 

i've assured her that i'll be down in my basement office through pretty much all of the goings on (7p-10p timeframe), but i have three floors above me that are gonna be outta my sight for roughly three hours (LOOK AT ME I LIVE IN A 1920s BUILT BRICK ROW TRIPLEX!!!1!1!)
Still time to set up a wireless camera system for all 3 levels. Will save your old man legs a lot of steps and not distract you from your necessary drinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
no coach at the bar ... but - there is a banquet hall attached, and some townies are stragglin' in for an early VD sit ... guy squiring his wymmin friend to the back looks just like ####in' Freddy Corleone - i was THISCLOSE to planting one on him: " i know it was you ... you broke my heart, Fredo - YOU BROKE MY HEART!!"

Oh boy. This is bad.

Not even in the neutral zone.

walk around all night with your zipper open.  use the word ‘super’ before every adjective.  i’m super excited to meet you.  i’m feeling super high.  nose pick often, eating optional.  ball scratch.

walk around all night with your zipper open.  use the word ‘super’ before every adjective.  i’m super excited to meet you.  i’m feeling super high.  nose pick often, eating optional.  ball scratch.
sooo ... ya wanted me to carry off business as usual? meh, what kinda schtick is that?  :lol:

anyways ... night was uneventful as #### - i was kinda disappointed?  'da fook is wrong with kidz today???!?  no sneaking in booze, no pairing off,  no "sweet leaf" aroma, no AUTOTUNE music, no property damage .... WHERE DID I GO WRONG??

:kicksrock:

i heard alotta Nirvana and Gaga and Manson and N.I.N. and Eyelash and Bruno Mars ...  even some Bowie.

does Eyelash autotune?  damnit.

I would have been MUCH more concerned about this part GB.  🤔
she bags verrrry nice coin for the efforts ... if she wants to screw around, so be it ... i don't own her (but, i get yer point  :D )

Things my night and this party had in common: playing Bingo.

Granted, mine was at a brewery with the missus.
do they call "O 69, two will dine!" like the perverted old bats at Parish Bingo halls?

Before I can answer this, what's the character limit per post here? 🤔
'nufced

Users who are viewing this thread