What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daytona 500 (1 Viewer)

Joe Mammy

Footballguy
I can hear him now circling the track in his limo, “ cmon, pass those two guys! What’s wrong with you? We can win this thing!!”

BS , Donald is always working, even on the course. He is always working, no one works as hard as Donald. Absolute bs by you
:lol:  Guy better be a scratch golfer by the time he leaves. Plays more than Tiger. Takes way more vaca than a Kardashian. All at his own properties that we pay for. Amazing gig on his part. 

Big President’s Day Sale On Trump website for MAGA gear. To celebrate his Daytona 500 appearance

Just use coupon code: PRESIDENT to get 25% off your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kal El said:
I don't hate Trump at all. I think he's completely incompetent, a criminal, a conman, and other things, but I don't hate him.
I hate him.  Hate him through and through.  

HT's right though.  The guy works hard all the time.  Works hard at being a conman who gets people to believe his facade.  

Free likes down below, fellas.  

Big President’s Day Sale On Trump website for MAGA gear. To celebrate his Daytona 500 appearance

Just use coupon code: PRESIDENT to get 25% off your order.
This along with Obama marketed items (which at least I don't think were being sold by Obama) is an awful trend people need to stop participating in. 

BS , Donald is always working, even on the course. He is always working, no one works as hard as Donald. Absolute bs by you
No place better than to plan your next con job with your buddies, come up with a denigrating name for your favorite political foe or come up with a statement to insult a war hero than on a golf course.

This along with Obama marketed items (which at least I don't think were being sold by Obama) is an awful trend people need to stop participating in. 
I'm surprised he hasn't tried to sell gear with the seal on it.

ETA: Or has he?

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
I'm surprised he hasn't tried to sell gear with the seal on it.

ETA: Or has he?
Not sure but it just furthers the sports team mentality that is all too common with politics at this time while also making cultural icons of a public servant which is irresponsible of a democratic people. 

Everyone 

Is

Doing

It

Pete

I'm a bit surprised you didn't know that there is a store on every single candidate's website.
Good point, the marketing is nothing new. "I like Ike" pins and "Tippecanoe and Tyler too" prints. I guess I forgot that buying them counts as a campaign contribution. The idea of wearing something advocating for a politician never crossed my mind so I never looked at these stores. It's such a bad look whether it is Trump, Hillary, Obama, Pete, etc. I think wearing a sports jersey is silly but wearing a George Bush shirt or Mike Bloomberg hat just takes the cake. These are all flawed power hungry people who will make decisions that result in people being harmed, people dying, etc. They will make good decisions too that will help and protect people. President is a stressful job where one can only walk away with blood on their hands and who's reward is the vanity of knowing your name will live on long beyond what most humans can ever hope for. Wearing a hat or shirt with their name on it is ridiculous. 

Good point, the marketing is nothing new. "I like Ike" pins and "Tippecanoe and Tyler too" prints. I guess I forgot that buying them counts as a campaign contribution. The idea of wearing something advocating for a politician never crossed my mind so I never looked at these stores. It's such a bad look whether it is Trump, Hillary, Obama, Pete, etc. I think wearing a sports jersey is silly but wearing a George Bush shirt or Mike Bloomberg hat just takes the cake. These are all flawed power hungry people who will make decisions that result in people being harmed, people dying, etc. They will make good decisions too that will help and protect people. President is a stressful job where one can only walk away with blood on their hands and who's reward is the vanity of knowing your name will live on long beyond what most humans can ever hope for. Wearing a hat or shirt with their name on it is ridiculous. 
Would you say campaigning for any of them is ridiculous?  Because campaigning is getting the message out, slogans and t-shirts are a part of that. People donate their free time to do that. 

Would you say campaigning for any of them is ridiculous?  Because campaigning is getting the message out, slogans and t-shirts are a part of that. People donate their free time to do that. 
Working for a politician for free does seem bizarre to me. I get volunteering at a hospital with sick kids, a soup kitchen to feed the poor or building homes for the poor. I don't get volunteering to help make someone you don't know become the most powerful person in the world. Donating money is also bad news. We obviously need massive election and campaign finance reform (not going to happen anytime soon though). I do find it slightly more reasonable for someone to work as an actual volunteer position and doing actual work over just being a walking billboard. IMO, government should be more about the nuts and bolts- like a running a collective business and not about identity through party/personality or a popularity contest or a giant infomercial to collect money to win a propaganda war. 

Working for a politician for free does seem bizarre to me. I get volunteering at a hospital with sick kids, a soup kitchen to feed the poor or building homes for the poor. I don't get volunteering to help make someone you don't know become the most powerful person in the world. Donating money is also bad news. We obviously need massive election and campaign finance reform (not going to happen anytime soon though). I do find it slightly more reasonable for someone to work as an actual volunteer position and doing actual work over just being a walking billboard. IMO, government should be more about the nuts and bolts- like a running a collective business and not about identity through party/personality or a popularity contest or a giant infomercial to collect money to win a propaganda war. 
I tend to agree with you, but, we're in the minority.  There is a wealthy person literally buying the Democratic nomination right now with propaganda.

I tend to agree with you, but, we're in the minority.  There is a wealthy person literally buying the Democratic nomination right now with propaganda.
Yeah, we are veering in the wrong direction and there's 0.1% chance the ship is righted in our lifetime. The Trump rallies, the Bernie Bros on Twitter harassing people who criticize him, the media outlets who are totally in the bag for certain politicians,  potential of having a billionaire vs. billionaire election, etc. are all negative signs for where our mindset is with elections. 

Yeah, we are veering in the wrong direction and there's 0.1% chance the ship is righted in our lifetime. The Trump rallies, the Bernie Bros on Twitter harassing people who criticize him, the media outlets who are totally in the bag for certain politicians,  potential of having a billionaire vs. billionaire election, etc. are all negative signs for where our mindset is with elections. 
Sure.  But you have to get your message out somehow otherwise how would people know how to vote for.  What would you like to see, debates only and zero advertising?

Sure.  But you have to get your message out somehow otherwise how would people know how to vote for.  What would you like to see, debates only and zero advertising?
Limit the campaign window, provide public money for campaigning and not allow them to take additional funds. There are specified commercial slots, debates, etc. Obviously the primary mess needs adjusting. I can't give every detail but other Democratic countries have better models we could work from. 

Yes.  Would love for candidates to state and stand for their positions.  No attack ads and false advertising to sway people.  Of course the debates would have to have real moderators that hold the candidates to the questions asked and I would prefer real time fact checking to be going along with statements given. 

Users who are viewing this thread