What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 WSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Two QBs in the top twenty and it wasn't @Stinkin Ref taking Mahomes, we are entering a new decade of drafting.

In 2019, the QB #2 was drafted at 41 and 68 in the two leagues and in 2018, the QB #2 was drafted at 32 and 52 in the two leagues.
I've never taken a QB anywhere close to this early in this format, so my Jackson selection was less "he's at the top of my draft board" and more "let's try something different this year and see how it shakes out". I'm almost certainly not gonna own him at this price in any money leagues.

That said, both Cunningham and Vick were true game-changers in fantasy and Lamar could very easily follow in their footsteps.

I've never taken a QB anywhere close to this early in this format, so my Jackson selection was less "he's at the top of my draft board" and more "let's try something different this year and see how it shakes out". I'm almost certainly not gonna own him at this price in any money leagues.

That said, both Cunningham and Vick were true game-changers in fantasy and Lamar could very easily follow in their footsteps.
Things Stinkin Ref would say?

I'll take fantasy faux pas for $500 Alex.

Definitely thought Fournette slid too far. Nice value

I just like the guy.
OBJ and LF were other top consideration other than Cooper. I just drafted obj in a different league and I really don't like going RB/RB in best ball drafts unless there's a flex option to start a 3rd.  I haven't done any analysis on that, but I do like locking in a solid top player in 3 of the 4 positions (k/d don't count). 

And honestly, I'm kinda hoping Cooper heads to Philly. Wouldn't bet on it but it's interesting to ponder.

Back to back RB could certainly pay off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Team Holloway through three rounds6

RB #1 McCaffrey (drafted as RB1)  - even with new coach, system, possible new QB, he should see lots of targets and lots of opportunities

WR #1 Keenan Allen (drafted as WR12) - targets and consistency with Allen, finished as WR6 last year

TE #1 Zach Ertz (drafted as TE #3) - could see less targets next year, but really consistent career thus far and targets aplenty in the past

Really like getting a top guy at all three of the multiple players needed positions. Actually had Allen ranked above several taken ahead of him and was really happy to get Ertz at the top of the third round.

Happy drafting all and remember to check in here and comment on your picks as well as other folks to help everyone develop our off-season thoughts.

RB #1 McCaffrey (drafted as RB1)  - even with new coach, system, possible new QB, he should see lots of targets and lots of opportunities

WR #1 Keenan Allen (drafted as WR12) - targets and consistency with Allen, finished as WR6 last year

TE #1 Zach Ertz (drafted as TE #3) - could see less targets next year, but really consistent career thus far and targets aplenty in the past

Really like getting a top guy at all three of the multiple players needed positions. Actually had Allen ranked above several taken ahead of him and was really happy to get Ertz at the top of the third round.

Happy drafting all and remember to check in here and comment on your picks as well as other folks to help everyone develop our off-season thoughts.
CMac is like getting 2 first round picks.  You could not draft another RB and you would outscore 50% of our totals at the RB position.

Ertz was a steal where you got him.

We'll see what SD does at QB.  Strong possibility that there will be guys at the 4/5 turn that are better picks than Allen.

C-Mac is as close to a fantasy no-brainer as I can ever recall since Tomlinson. Anyone who doesn't take him 1.01 in PPR formats needs to find another hobby.

I love KA as a player but there are too many WRs with giant question marks at QB for me to feel good about paying a top-12 price for any of them. Allen in particular is a technician and guys like that really count on being in rhythm with their QB.

Gonna disagree with Bass on Ertz. As an Eagles fan, Goedert is the real deal ... maybe it's not this year but he's gonna be an absolute stud in this league. Unless Pederson comes out and tells us he's running 2-TE sets every play I'm not sure Ertz will return value here.

TBH, I don't see many names at all in the 25-40 range I'm a big fan of. Might be a good year to be drafting toward the back for once.

C-Mac is as close to a fantasy no-brainer as I can ever recall since Tomlinson. Anyone who doesn't take him 1.01 in PPR formats needs to find another hobby.

I love KA as a player but there are too many WRs with giant question marks at QB for me to feel good about paying a top-12 price for any of them. Allen in particular is a technician and guys like that really count on being in rhythm with their QB.

Gonna disagree with Bass on Ertz. As an Eagles fan, Goedert is the real deal ... maybe it's not this year but he's gonna be an absolute stud in this league. Unless Pederson comes out and tells us he's running 2-TE sets every play I'm not sure Ertz will return value here.

TBH, I don't see many names at all in the 25-40 range I'm a big fan of. Might be a good year to be drafting toward the back for once.
What does Ertz need to do to return value here?

There's not a WR or RB on the board that scored within 50 pts of him.  Chop off 15 recepts and 150 yds and he still returns value and that's before we consider positional drop off.  Unless you are projecting his worst season since his rookie year, he's at least returning value here.

I agree with your assessment of Goedert, but still see Ertz leading the TEs, I do expect a dropoff on targets, but I guess I like his floor and getting a single player at RB/WR/TE to allow flexibility. Pick your poison with this range at WR and I really like the consistency of Allen the player to get abundant targets regardless of QB. I do not expect Henry to re-sign so even with additional guys coming in, Allen seems set for abundant targets.

Fairly tight draft so far.  Unfortunate to see pretty much all of my 3rd round targets go right after my 2nd.  KA was one I hesitate with, but could go either way (good relief valve for a rookie too).

I agree with Mr. I about the 25-40 range, though more that there are plenty I like, just all equivalent.  The bigger drop-off is coming in about 10 picks or so, then it's pick your poison.

Maggot Brain needs a makeup pick still.

at 2.05 when Hill and Mahomes were gone...I took a sniff at the WR....I have no idea who will be throwing to Evans/Godwin and even if I did, not sure what that would look like there so didn't feel comfortable with either of them....Cooper, where is he going to be and I've never been a fan....OBJ was a consideration but you never know about him and whats in his dome....Golladay, it just felt too early and is there that much of a difference that I can't get if I wait.....KA, who is throwing him the ball and will it be the same...DJ Moore who is throwing him the ball, rinse and repeat....long way of saying I didn't feel comfortable with a lot of the next tier of WR and didn't feel that if I passed I wouldn't be able to make it up later so went a different direction and feel with 20 roster spots I can just hammer WR later...

Fairly tight draft so far.  Unfortunate to see pretty much all of my 3rd round targets go right after my 2nd.  KA was one I hesitate with, but could go either way (good relief valve for a rookie too).

I agree with Mr. I about the 25-40 range, though more that there are plenty I like, just all equivalent.  The bigger drop-off is coming in about 10 picks or so, then it's pick your poison.

Maggot Brain needs a makeup pick still.
I emailed him to let him know he had been skipped

What does Ertz need to do to return value here?

There's not a WR or RB on the board that scored within 50 pts of him.  Chop off 15 recepts and 150 yds and he still returns value and that's before we consider positional drop off.  Unless you are projecting his worst season since his rookie year, he's at least returning value here.
Well, yeah, in a 2PPR format the top TEs are always going to outscore equivalent RBs/WRs. Ertz outscored Julio by 2ppg last year if you just want to go by gross numbers.

Positional drop-off is a fair point though. Especially all the way at the turn, if SH's strategy was just to grab his highest-rated TE at that pick, it would be tough for me to argue.

I'd be a fan of doing away with the 2 PPR TE thing....maybe drop it to 1.5 or something...

would also be a fan of making DST and PK MORE valuable...

Love the Mark Andrews pick......
I'm not. 

Probably a reach at 3.07 but I do really like AJ. hopefully Tanny returns or the next QB learns quickly what they have here. Best ball made this an easier pick IMO, I would have taken another local guy if this weren't BB. 

Probably a reach at 3.07 but I do really like AJ. hopefully Tanny returns or the next QB learns quickly what they have here. Best ball made this an easier pick IMO, I would have taken another local guy if this weren't BB. 
Not a reach at all IMO, was atop my draft list. He had as many 20+ point weeks last season as Nuk and Julio (5) and that's what I want in this format.

I thought the uncertainty surrounding Tanny might let him slip to me but I'd be really surprised if TEN didn't at least franchise him.

saquon was an easy selection at 2. moore and golloday were also easy picks 4 me, i have them at 21/22 overall. 4net was theft. ertz, andrews, and a rb not yet selected  were on my short list.

CMac is like getting 2 first round picks.  You could not draft another RB and you would outscore 50% of our totals at the RB position.

What do we think about the new coach and staff? Norv has a way of producing stud rbs……..I know the situation was terrible last year, and maybe standard "regression to the mean"

LOL….trying to convince myself.....no brainer pick.

I'm going to give this pick until about 5 pm on the clock hoping a replacement chimes in.  If not, I will make both picks then.

looks like there was a pick for Maggot Brain made here.....but he still has that replacement pick dangling out there.....as my pick approaches I hope that pick is not made before I pick....it seems only fair to at least wait for the third round to clear before his replacement pick is made....

What do we think about the new coach and staff? Norv has a way of producing stud rbs……..I know the situation was terrible last year, and maybe standard "regression to the mean"

LOL….trying to convince myself.....no brainer pick.
All I know is if there's one guy in the NFL who I expect to be bigger, faster, and smarter next year, I'd wager on CMac.  

@BassNBrew.....like to file a small protest of the Watson pick for Maggot Brain being made now instead of waiting for round 3 to clear......7 owners got to make two picks with no pick in for Maggot Brain....would like to see Watson put in as his 3.08 pick and Kupp put back in the pool.....and then once the third round clears....you can pick somebody for his 2.09.....

I or somebody else around me may want Kupp.....and that pick may change the order WR's start going....

Correct. 
it just doesn't seem fair that some owners get to pick in a round without the replacement pick and others don't....what if Reaper wanted Kupp....?....don't really care, just sayin....its the principle of the thing.... :grad: ..... ;)

already knew I was going to be over ruled so I have added an * to the league name as the outcome will always be in question for the rest of time....

sorry the commish in me comes out too often....and if this was a home league I was commishing I would have cleared the third round (allowed all 3rd round picks) and then made the replacement pick and Watson would have been his third rounder...

@BassNBrew.....like to file a small protest of the Watson pick for Maggot Brain being made now instead of waiting for round 3 to clear......7 owners got to make two picks with no pick in for Maggot Brain....would like to see Watson put in as his 3.08 pick and Kupp put back in the pool.....and then once the third round clears....you can pick somebody for his 2.09.....

I or somebody else around me may want Kupp.....and that pick may change the order WR's start going....
rule has always been make the pick when they can, don't understand any argument to change it now or in the future 

it just doesn't seem fair that some owners get to pick in a round without the replacement pick and others don't....what if Reaper wanted Kupp....?....don't really care, just sayin....its the principle of the thing.... :grad: ..... ;)

already knew I was going to be over ruled so I have added an * to the league name as the outcome will always be in question for the rest of time....

sorry the commish in me comes out too often....and if this was a home league I was commishing I would have cleared the third round and then made the replacement pick and Watson would have been his third rounder...
remind me to never join a league you commish

rule has always been make the pick when they can, don't understand any argument to change it now or in the future 
just doing this for fun now.....7 owners got to make 2 picks with both Watson and Kupp on the board.....9 owners don't even get to make 1 with them still on the board....

not the first time. luck of the draw. getting skipped that many picks is enough of a punishment, no need to add more.
it's not about punishing Maggot it's about being fair to all the guys in the third round....in theory once the 3.01 pick was made......the replacement pick should not have been made until the entire third round cleared.....

it's not about punishing Maggot it's about being fair to all the guys in the third round....once the 3.01 pick was made......the replacement pick should not have been made until the entire third round cleared.....
that has never been how it works. worst thing a commish can do is change the rules midstream 

I really don't care and not trying to be a ####....because it doesn't matter......it's just a bad characteristic of mine that I recognize these things....I wish my mind wouldn't work that way, but I actually think it makes me a good commish....

that has never been how it works. worst thing a commish can do is change the rules midstream 
oh I agree....but as far as your comment about "don't understand any argument to change it now or in the future ".....I think there is an argument that could be made (which I did) and in the future maybe it would be something to consider.....if this was a home league with money on the line, people's heads would explode if things went down this way.....and a rule like I mentioned would probably already be in place....

I would hope that you know by now that I really don't care and am just doing this for fun as I obviously have nothing better to do....not trying to get sideways in the least....it was mostly just to try and get a rise out of Bass....

oh I agree....but as far as your comment about "don't understand any argument to change it now or in the future ".....I think there is an argument that could be made (which I did) and in the future maybe it would be something to consider.....if this was a home league with money on the line, people's heads would explode if things went down this way.....and a rule like I mentioned would probably already be in place....

I would hope that you know by now that I really don't care and am just doing this for fun as I obviously have nothing better to do....not trying to get sideways in the least....it was mostly just to try and get a rise out of Bass....
How does the NFL handle it if you don't make your pick on time?

Of course you are awesome. I spent the previous hour arguing on a political site with the right and left, so I was in arguing mood and having fun 👍

I really don't care and not trying to be a ####....because it doesn't matter......it's just a bad characteristic of mine that I recognize these things....I wish my mind wouldn't work that way, but I actually think it makes me a good commish....
Similarly, Lodge a complaint for those of us who didn't get the chance to draft cmac, Barkley or Zeke...

Users who are viewing this thread