What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 WSL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Great pick of James Connor, he will be on a lot of my teams if he keeps sliding like that come August.

Obviously they could draft a rb, but I doubt it.

Gave some thought to Mack back in the 3rd, was very happy to see him still here. He seems a replacement level starting back, but I don't think he's replaced this year.  He and Ingram are among the last I feel confident as my rb2.

So far I'm digging it. 

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 1.07

Mack, Marlon IND RB 4.10

Brown, A.J. TEN WR 3.07

Cooper, Amari DAL WR 2.10

@Mr. Irrelevant....I think your pre draft got ate up...
... thanks to someone sniping me on Sutton  :hot:  I don't even know why I bothered putting him on my list, I was 100% certain he was going to be your pick.

2.04 - Lamar Jackson, QB2 BAL

1.13 - Joe Mixon, RB8 CIN

3.13 - Stefon Diggs, WR18 MIN
4.04 - Calvin Ridley, WR21 ATL

Meh. Happy enough with Mixon as my RB1 and Diggs as my WR1 but by the time it came back around to me at 4.04 everyone left was at the top of a positional tier for me so it was "close your eyes and flip a coin" time. I've never owned a share of Ridley anywhere, but I'm apparently breaking all sorts of new ground this draft anyway, so what the hell.

Little surprised to see the first rookie off the board already (ETA: check that, first THREE rookies off the board already). Jacobs was last season's consensus top rook and he lasted until the 8th in WSL. I didn't expect quite that long but to have 3 gone in the top ~60 is a shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
... thanks to someone sniping me on Sutton  :hot:  I don't even know why I bothered putting him on my list, I was 100% certain he was going to be your pick.

Meh. Happy enough with Mixon as my RB1 and Diggs as my WR1 but by the time it came back around to me at 4.04 everyone left was at the top of a positional tier for me so it was "close your eyes and flip a coin" time. I've never owned a share of Ridley anywhere, but I'm apparently breaking all sorts of new ground this draft anyway, so what the hell.

Little surprised to see the first rookie off the board already (ETA: check that, first THREE rookies off the board already). Jacobs was last season's consensus top rook and he lasted until the 8th in WSL. I didn't expect quite that long but to have 3 gone in the top ~60 is a shock.
One of the reason I passed on WR in second round was because I thought the Sutton tier group would make it back in the third...and he was specifically the guy I was targeting... was glad to see Arob and JuJu go off the board....Lock targeted Sutton pretty heavily down the stretch and I expect that to continue and Sutton to take the nest step into the top 10...

Saquon/JK - Very happy at the moment with this pairing. Of course landing spot could change that in a big way but he is my number 1 rookie rb but it all depends of course

golloday/moore - I think both actually have reasons they should improve and very little reason to expect a downturn. If they go this late all year, I'll have them in every league.

Henry - Another gamble with landing spot but he is ultra talented

Gave some thought to Mack back in the 3rd, was very happy to see him still here. He seems a replacement level starting back, but I don't think he's replaced this year.  He and Ingram are among the last I feel confident as my rb2.

So far I'm digging it. 

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 1.07

Mack, Marlon IND RB 4.10

Brown, A.J. TEN WR 3.07

Cooper, Amari DAL WR 2.10
I goofed with my 5th rounder. But I'll keep it anyway. Totally forgot I grabbed Cooper earlier and took Gallup. Might be for the best, Amari might fly the coop. But I had my team in a dynasty currently finishing the auction in mind (top WRs there are Evans and OBJ) when I took Gallup here.  :bag:

I goofed with my 5th rounder. But I'll keep it anyway. Totally forgot I grabbed Cooper earlier and took Gallup. Might be for the best, Amari might fly the coop. But I had my team in a dynasty currently finishing the auction in mind (top WRs there are Evans and OBJ) when I took Gallup here.  :bag:
I considered Gallup but I’m terrified of what might happen at QB.  Last year I felt comfortable until the mid 20s. This year uncertainty becomes an issues in the mid teens. I expect some people to get some late steals at QB. This is Ryan’s every other good year. Considered 3-4 others, but 30 tds and 4K seems to be close to a lock. Damien Williams was also a consideration but with Drake and Ingram already rostered, I couldn’t burn a fifth on a bench spot

Too early for my tastes

Team Norseman

1.14 Nick Chubb

2.3 Tyreek Hill

I liked that start. I couldn’t have hoped for much better  I was hoping that D Waller would make it back to me, but of course he didn’t quite get there. 

3.14 Chris Carson

4.3 Adam Thielen

I had Sutton, Diggs, Carson & Singletary queued up for the 3rd, and they went in four picks. 

Thielen was a second round pick last year, so he could be a steal in the fourth.

QB - Russell Wilson

RB - Christian McCaffrey

WR - Keenan Allen Selected as WR11 and has averaged 101 receptions the past three seasons

WR - Tyler Lockett - Selected as WR24, finished as WR 11 & WR 16 the past two seasons

TE - Zach Ertz 

got caught without my list for the last turn, but like getting Russell just before the QB run and teaming him with Lockett, who is a great best ball player.

love this start

QB - Russell Wilson

RB - Christian McCaffrey

WR - Keenan Allen Selected as WR11 and has averaged 101 receptions the past three seasons

WR - Tyler Lockett - Selected as WR24, finished as WR 11 & WR 16 the past two seasons

TE - Zach Ertz 

got caught without my list for the last turn, but like getting Russell just before the QB run and teaming him with Lockett, who is a great best ball player.

love this start
Definitely solid, presuming Keenan's new QB is remotely competent.  About as good as you can get in 16 team leagues.

I will be pot of pocket at church in about thirty minutes and then lunch so I will check back about 1:00 pm CST.

Very glad @-OZ- took Wentz. I would have had to grab that value as bpa. Instead I drafted need and John Brown. 
He was one of my targets at QB, so I'm happy to have him as my 1. 

Like usual, I'm apparently punting TE. maybe I'll get the 2020 Mark Andrews. 

Wentz, Carson PHI QB 6.10

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 1.07

Mack, Marlon IND RB 4.10

Brown, A.J. TEN WR 3.07

Cooper, Amari DAL WR.2.10

Gallup, Michael DAL WR 5.07

Pretty happy with the lineup so far. Obviously depth is key in these leagues, so there's a lot left to do here.

QB - Russell Wilson

RB - Christian McCaffrey

RB - James White

WR - Golden Tate

TE - Zach Ertz 

Completed the base starters and I could not be more pleased..... Still

love this start

He was one of my targets at QB, so I'm happy to have him as my 1. 

Like usual, I'm apparently punting TE. maybe I'll get the 2020 Mark Andrews. 

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 1.07

Mack, Marlon IND RB 4.10

Brown, A.J. TEN WR 3.07

Pretty happy with the lineup so far. Obviously depth is key in these leagues, so there's a lot left to do here.
You basically got the same value as I did at qb 20 picks later 

Hardman in the 7th. Maybe the first big reach of the draft. Based on projections I should have waited until the 9th. Problem is Ref has two pics between my picks. Potential wr2 for the best throwing qb in the league calls for a step up. Lastly, while many after him will net better numbers, his  variability will make him a great bb wr 

Hardman in the 7th. Maybe the first big reach of the draft. Based on projections I should have waited until the 9th. Problem is Ref has two pics between my picks. Potential wr2 for the best throwing qb in the league calls for a step up. Lastly, while many after him will net better numbers, his  variability will make him a great bb wr 
He likely wouldn't have been there for your next pick. Agree - he's a very good BB WR.  John Brown is the same. If OBJ provides steady play, that's a decent trio. 

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB 7.07

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 1.07

Mack, Marlon IND RB 4.10

Brown, A.J. TEN WR 3.07

Was surprised to see Baker still here in the 7th, but I'm pleased to pair him with Wentz. Should be a strong QBBC.  

Two teams with 2 QBs (looks like BSS and I had similar plans - his Winston and cousins combo has potential), 2 without any yet. There are some decent ones out there, but lots of questions.

I have my starters:

1.15  Davante Adams   WR#4        Was hoping that Mixon would drop to me.   Happy with this nice safe pick as the 15th player of the board.

2.02  Josh Jacobs  RB#11               Lots of potential here.   He gets a full of season to recoup (no draft prep) and should improve his professional game.  If he starts and stays healthy this will be a good pick.

3.15  Devine Singletary  RB#20    ditto.    More chance of a time share here, as the Bills will likely bring in a grinder to assist in the run game.

4.02   Austin Hooper TE#7        Believing a run on TE was coming up I grabbed one.  In hindsight I wish I had waited.       Hope he plays up to his huge coming payday,   regardless of were he signs.  

5.15  Christian Kirk WR#32       Believing a QB run would occur in the next round was looking to grab one at this turn.    Wait!   Broncos as Mahomes!   Sweet!  Let stack Kirk with Murry.   Kirk has increased his receptions by 20 in each of the last to seasons, can this continue to 100 receptions this year?   Sign me up.

6.02  Kyler Murray   QB#7    This years Lamar Jackson?    Or Mitch Trubisky.   This turn will make or break team Old Milwaukee.

7.15   Sterling Shepard  WR#42    Could be Daniel Jones #1 target.   Could be not?   I will be running a WR#3 by committee.   A bit of a reach to fill a need.   Was hoping that Anderson or Hardman would drop to me.            

8.02   Curtis Samual WR#43     Very volatile.   Good for BB.  Should par with Shepard for my committee by contributing a couple of scores.   May have peaked?        

8.04 - Ronald Jones, RB34 TB

5.13 - Terry McLaurin, WR30 WAS

6.04 - Noah Fant, TE13 DEN
7.13 - T.J. Hockenson, TE16 DET

In numerous prior SL's I've waited just a round or two too long on TE and wound up with hopeless combos of no-ceiling guys in a 2PPR format. I wasn't gonna let that happen to me again this year. Fant and Hock may be the next Kelce and Ertz or they may not, but if even one of the two becomes an every-week fantasy starter I should come out ahead at these prices.

I thought about holding off on RB until the double-digit rounds and cobbling together a RB2BC as that approach has worked for me before - but there were a couple of solid RB2-caliber names left on the board and Jones was atop that list. 

As usual, the run on QBs in the 6th-8th rounds means there's a ton of value there for the taking at other positions. In retrospect, I'd have gone RB with my 3rd-rounder as there are still easily 10-15 WR names left on the board I wouldn't mind leaning on in this format. WR is gonna be really deep this season.

1.15  Davante Adams   WR#4        Was hoping that Mixon would drop to me.   Happy with this nice safe pick as the 15th player of the board.

2.02  Josh Jacobs  RB#11               Lots of potential here.   He gets a full of season to recoup (no draft prep) and should improve his professional game.  If he starts and stays healthy this will be a good pick.

3.15  Devine Singletary  RB#20    ditto.    More chance of a time share here, as the Bills will likely bring in a grinder to assist in the run game.

4.02   Austin Hooper TE#7        Believing a run on TE was coming up I grabbed one.  In hindsight I wish I had waited.       Hope he plays up to his huge coming payday,   regardless of were he signs.  

5.15  Christian Kirk WR#32       Believing a QB run would occur in the next round was looking to grab one at this turn.    Wait!   Broncos as Mahomes!   Sweet!  Let stack Kirk with Murry.   Kirk has increased his receptions by 20 in each of the last to seasons, can this continue to 100 receptions this year?   Sign me up.

6.02  Kyler Murray   QB#7    This years Lamar Jackson?    Or Mitch Trubisky.   This turn will make or break team Old Milwaukee.

7.15   Sterling Shepard  WR#42    Could be Daniel Jones #1 target.   Could be not?   I will be running a WR#3 by committee.   A bit of a reach to fill a need.   Was hoping that Anderson or Hardman would drop to me.            

8.02   Curtis Samual WR#43     Very volatile.   Good for BB.  Should par with Shepard for my committee by contributing a couple of scores.   May have peaked?        
Personally, I love this team. Might be my favorite. Jacobs could (arguably should) be a top-5 back. At 2PPR Hooper being a lock for 65-70 catches is more important than what he does with them. Kirk, Shepard and Samuel all rank very near the top of most QB-independent metrics for WR performance. With what should be better QB play for each these three could all be steals. My only quibble is with WR so deep this year, you could probably have gotten a close Samuel approximation two rounds from now and used that pick to build up depth elsewhere.

Long way to go but I really like your start.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
In numerous prior SL's I've waited just a round or two too long on TE and wound up with hopeless combos of no-ceiling guys in a 2PPR format. 
That's pretty much where I'm at now. Instead of reaching for someone I have zero confidence in, I decided to just go heavy WR.  (Eta: got the guy I wanted anyway)

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB 7.07

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 1.07

Mack, Marlon IND RB 4.10

Brown, A.J. TEN WR 3.07

Williams, Mike LAC WR 8.10

Howard, O.J. TBB TE 9.07

hopefully the WR and QB can keep me from the bottom. also, hopefully Howard bounces back as a receiving option. He's too good an all around player.  

Thinking - rewind to 9.02, SH replaces his pick, then we go? 

Although, perhaps sh should get stuck with Hollister? 🤔

QB - Russell Wilson 4.16 & Tom Brady 9.1 

RB - Christian McCaffrey 1.1 & James White 6.16

WR - Keenan Allen 2.16, Tyler Lockett 5.1, Golden Tate 7.1 & CeeDee Lamb 8.16

TE - Zach Ertz 3.1

Not sure what direction I go in next. Feel reasonably confident now in QB duo, RB two starters and top four WRs. Was a little surprised at how frequently went. Lots of quality depth needed, but still have eleven picks left.

Users who are viewing this thread