What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

nomination - greatest, level headed, classic t.v. character in a supporting role. (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
today we begin our search for the greatest classic, level headed, tv charactor who demonstraited the ability to 'make things real' or 'say it like it is'.

obviously this could take a lifetime, but with the fbg membership working on it, we can narrow it down.

so, here are my candidates:

Pernell Roberts as Adam Cartwright.

Maurine Stapleton as Edith Bunker.

Russell Johnson as The Professor.

discuss.

today we begin our search for the greatest classic, level headed, tv charactor who demonstraited the ability to 'make things real' or 'say it like it is'.

obviously this could take a lifetime, but with the fbg membership working on it, we can narrow it down.

so, here are my candidates:

Pernell Roberts as Adam Cartwright.

Maurine Stapleton as Edith Bunker.

Russell Johnson as The Professor.

discuss.
I vote Professor. Not just the smartest and sane, but clever. Here he was "stuck" on an island with 2 hot women and very questionable competition. Old rich dude was still smitten with his wife, and the ####### crew seemed to like each other a little too much (hey little buddy).  So he pretended to try to get them off the island while leaving the dumber of the 2 crew members to take the blame for the botched rescue attempts.

Zed, are you going for "cut through the BS" characters? Like Harry Morgan as Colonel Potter on M*A*S*H? Jack Webb as Sgt Joe Friday in Dragnet? Ja'net Dubois as Willona Woods on Good Times?

I barely understand what the thread title is asking because the examples you guys keep giving predate TVs with color. 

Users who are viewing this thread