What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happens if Trump loses in November and refuses to leave the white house? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
How screwed are we if he decries the election is rigged the day after? I am genuinely serious and wondering if this has ever happened American politics  before. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How screwed are we if he decries the election is rigged the day after?
I've actually already asked this question in many threads. I assume the proper entities will call for his removal, and the appropriate authorities will take appropriate action. 

We are about to find out so hold onto your hats...

Deep down I'm not sure Trump cares at all about the presidency or the country.  He cares about himself and i can see him seeing a way to make money off his cult of personality by crying foul for the next decade.  

Given his past he will probably start a charity and then use all the money for himself.

"If he decries the election is rigged the day after"????  This is a guarantee win or lose.

And am guessing that Ian Bremer is correct that the Dems will also question the outcome if they lose a close one (gerrymandering, voter supression, voting security, Russian trolling, etc.).

So, barring a landslide Trump win, I think we are in for more divisiveness and "get over it, elections of consequences childishness"

I don't think Trump will refuse to leave, but I do think that IF he loses that he'll continue to question the legitimacy of the results.  And am pretty sure he will NOT participate in a peaceful exchange of power...he'll move out a few weeks before so that he can claim that the election and whitehouse was stolen from him.  How the GOP responds to this depends upon the lessons they take away from the election.  

not gonna happen.  IMO he is a dictator-wannabe, but he is an American first and foremost.  It's ridiculous to think he would consider such a thing.  We aren't even close to ripping up the Constitution.

If trump were to try shenanigans, the moment CJ Roberts swears in the next guy, trump is no longer president.  He doesn't have the authority to refuse to give up power.  If he were to refuse to leave the WH, he would be arrested as a private citizen caught trespassing.

The people Obama commuted sentences for and/or pardoned were mostly in prison for drug offenses. Right?

not gonna happen.  IMO he is a dictator-wannabe, but he is an American first and foremost.  It's ridiculous to think he would consider such a thing.  We aren't even close to ripping up the Constitution.

If trump were to try shenanigans, the moment CJ Roberts swears in the next guy, trump is no longer president.  He doesn't have the authority to refuse to give up power.  If he were to refuse to leave the WH, he would be arrested as a private citizen caught trespassing.
I don't think anyonne thinks he will refuse to leave...the real question is how many 'human scum' and 'stolen' and 'we're tougher' comments does he make to his cult of personality while leaving and what impact does that have....

I don't think anyonne thinks he will refuse to leave...the real question is how many 'human scum' and 'stolen' and 'we're tougher' comments does he make to his cult of personality while leaving and what impact does that have....
oh.  yeah, that's going to happen.

We are about to find out so hold onto your hats...

Deep down I'm not sure Trump cares at all about the presidency or the country.  He cares about himself and i can see him seeing a way to make money off his cult of personality by crying foul for the next decade.  

Given his past he will probably start a charity and then use all the money for himself.
His concession speech will be the announcement of the coming TrumpTV channel, which will continue the fight against the evil media and deep state that cheated him out of winning.

Mark it.

Obama pardoning a terrorist tops them all, disgusting
Assuming you are talking about the same person as Bozeman called a terrorist in the other thread, he did not pardon him.

That person was part of a violent Puerto Rico separatist group and was convicted of the interstate transportation of firearms with the intent to commit violent crimes, and transportation of explosives with intent to kill and injure people and to destroy government buildings and property. And he spent 35 years in prison. At which point, Obama commuted his sentence.

Maybe you disagree and think he should have spent more than 35 years in prison. I would disagree. 

Assuming you are talking about the same person as Bozeman called a terrorist in the other thread, he did not pardon him.

That person was part of a violent Puerto Rico separatist group and was convicted of the interstate transportation of firearms with the intent to commit violent crimes, and transportation of explosives with intent to kill and injure people and to destroy government buildings and property. And he spent 35 years in prison. At which point, Obama commuted his sentence.

Maybe you disagree and think he should have spent more than 35 years in prison. I would disagree. 
Details

The world is about the sound bite

Obama equals terrorist

1) He’s not going to lose

2) If the unspeakable were to happen, he will be out of the White House like a rocket.  I am sure he will have some type of media gig already set up. Maybe even something right of Fox.  He will have a soapbox and back to his life of opulence.  

His concession speech will be the announcement of the coming TrumpTV channel, which will continue the fight against the evil media and deep state that cheated him out of winning.

Mark it.
Seriously, I believe this was his plan B last election. 

I wonder if Trump wouldn't mind losing.  He would still have his fans and could do rallies.  And whenever he wants he can golf, watch Fox News, talk to his friends on the phone and angry tweet.  He isn't getting any younger and parts of the job must get annoying at times.

We won’t have to worry about this, Michael Bloomberg is going to win by such a landslide Trump will have no choice but to leave in shame. 

:lmao:

Hard to imagine him losing and leaving quietly. He’s done everything he can to paint the Democrats and parts of his own government as crooked. He’s painted himself as the only answer for America. I can’t imagine him just admitting defeat and walking away.

2) If the unspeakable were to happen, he will be out of the White House like a rocket.  I am sure he will have some type of media gig already set up. Maybe even something right of Fox.  He will have a soapbox and back to his life of opulence.  
Golly simple answer would have been Trump supporters would never put supporting the nation’s leader over the Constitution and law enforcement.

Hence, Trump insists he has been robbed of his first term because of all the witch huntery - thus were he to lose he’d be perfectly entitled to stay.

And thus Trump declares himself the nation’s top law enforcement officer, so after all the cops, MP’s and DOJ are required to obey him. No?

Bill Maher has been beating that drum almost every week on his show for some time now.

But Mayor Pete had the best response yesterday:

"If that happens, Pete Buttigieg has a plan: He’ll put Trump to work ― doing chores around the White House.

During a town hall in Reno, Nevada, in advance of the state’s Saturday caucuses, the Democratic presidential candidate was asked what he would do if he beat Trump in November and the president insisted the results were a hoax and he refused to step down.

Buttigieg’s initial response: “I guess if he’s willing to do chores, I guess we could work something out.”"

If he loses he’ll just cry about it on Twitter and start up some form of news network to sell his crap. 

He will ##### nonstop about the new Prez.

On to the next con job.

He declared the election was rigged after winning in 2016, so it’s pretty much a certainty for 2020. I don’t think he enjoys the work of being president, so he’d step aside “for the good of the nation” despite being treated unfairly, so unfairly, in the last election.

I have to admit to having absolutely no idea.
That’s the problem with rule of law and constitutions. They are only good if everyone plays along by the rules. Maybe the Secret Service would have to forcibly remove him? Who else could? The SS would at least have to allow for his removal. 

That's not how you spell corpulence!

That’s the problem with rule of law and constitutions. They are only good if everyone plays along by the rules.
From my head to your keyboard, that's for sure. I'd really imagine there is a contingency in place from early in our country's history up through the federalization of law enforcement. Probably the FBI or the Secret Service or someone. 

From my head to your keyboard, that's for sure. I'd really imagine there is a contingency in place from early in our country's history up through the federalization of law enforcement. Probably the FBI or the Secret Service or someone. 
I edited my post above if the FBI came for him, the SS would have to choose to allow the removal or to defend him. Just an ugly situation which we have to hope doesn’t happen. 

I edited my post above if the FBI came for him, the SS would have to choose to allow the removal or to defend him. Just an ugly situation which we have to hope doesn’t happen. 
Wow. What's weird is I hadn't seen your post, merely guessed as to who would execute the law. Secret Service likely would have to stand down. 

As far fetched as it sounds, history tells us at some point a President is going to refuse to leave, try to cancel elections, rig elections, etc The current framework won’t go unchecked forever.

As far fetched as it sounds, history tells us at some point a President is going to refuse to leave, try to cancel elections, rig elections, etc The current framework won’t go unchecked forever.
It doesn't sound far-fetched at all. I think we lurch closer every day. We're not a very civic-minded, constitutional populace anymore and we know what the prescription of history has brought us, so...

He is not a tenant in that he is not paying for the accommodation, at least not in the classic sense.   Tough, then, for him to be a hold over tenant subject to a Forcible Entry and Detainer Action.  Still, that might be prudent.  Then, the Capital police having jurisdiction of over federal buildings would be the ones to enforce either the eviction or the trespassing matter.  The would have to remove him.  As for the Secret Service, if they still thought they had an obligation to protect him, so be it, in fact our ex-Presidents do get protection, but protection does not mean they defend his want, not his right but his want, to occupy a specific abode. They would have to form a human shield around him as he was walked off the ground. 

Oh, we would need the keys to the limo, Air Force One, Marine One, and of course the nuclear football.  We would bill him for the carpet stains and broken plumbing.  No way he gets his security deposit back.

It all keeps coming back around to elections, it seems like. Maybe we should fix those before we do anything else. (not pointing at you, gb, just ruminating on a thought you triggered)

Users who are viewing this thread