Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wazoo11

What happens if Trump loses in November and refuses to leave the white house?

How screwed are we if he decries the election is rigged the day after? I am genuinely serious and wondering if this has ever happened American politics  before. 

Edited by wazoo11
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, wazoo11 said:

How screwed are we if he decries the election is rigged the day after?

I've actually already asked this question in many threads. I assume the proper entities will call for his removal, and the appropriate authorities will take appropriate action. 

The United States will have much bigger issues to worry about if Trump loses in November 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Does he have Russian fire power behind him or not?  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

We are about to find out so hold onto your hats...

Deep down I'm not sure Trump cares at all about the presidency or the country.  He cares about himself and i can see him seeing a way to make money off his cult of personality by crying foul for the next decade.  

Given his past he will probably start a charity and then use all the money for himself.

3 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

The United States will have much bigger issues to worry about if Trump loses in November 

Confetti shortages are no joke.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, wazoo11 said:

"If he decries the election is rigged the day after"????  This is a guarantee win or lose.

And am guessing that Ian Bremer is correct that the Dems will also question the outcome if they lose a close one (gerrymandering, voter supression, voting security, Russian trolling, etc.).

So, barring a landslide Trump win, I think we are in for more divisiveness and "get over it, elections of consequences childishness"

I don't think Trump will refuse to leave, but I do think that IF he loses that he'll continue to question the legitimacy of the results.  And am pretty sure he will NOT participate in a peaceful exchange of power...he'll move out a few weeks before so that he can claim that the election and whitehouse was stolen from him.  How the GOP responds to this depends upon the lessons they take away from the election.  

Edited by Morton Muffley

6 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

Like who is going to pardon all the corrupt politicians and fraudsters?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, killface said:

Or how do we get them back in prison after they're all released?

not gonna happen.  IMO he is a dictator-wannabe, but he is an American first and foremost.  It's ridiculous to think he would consider such a thing.  We aren't even close to ripping up the Constitution.

If trump were to try shenanigans, the moment CJ Roberts swears in the next guy, trump is no longer president.  He doesn't have the authority to refuse to give up power.  If he were to refuse to leave the WH, he would be arrested as a private citizen caught trespassing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HellToupee said:

From @catturd

Dear T## sufferers ...

Total Presidential pardons/sentence commutations:

Obama ... 1,927
Trump ..... 26

Thanks for playing

2 minutes ago, killface said:

1 minute ago, Sneegor said:

The people Obama commuted sentences for and/or pardoned were mostly in prison for drug offenses. Right?

Edited by whoknew

Just now, moleculo said:

not gonna happen.  IMO he is a dictator-wannabe, but he is an American first and foremost.  It's ridiculous to think he would consider such a thing.  We aren't even close to ripping up the Constitution.

If trump were to try shenanigans, the moment CJ Roberts swears in the next guy, trump is no longer president.  He doesn't have the authority to refuse to give up power.  If he were to refuse to leave the WH, he would be arrested as a private citizen caught trespassing.

I don't think anyonne thinks he will refuse to leave...the real question is how many 'human scum' and 'stolen' and 'we're tougher' comments does he make to his cult of personality while leaving and what impact does that have....

Just now, killface said:

I don't think anyonne thinks he will refuse to leave...the real question is how many 'human scum' and 'stolen' and 'we're tougher' comments does he make to his cult of personality while leaving and what impact does that have....

oh.  yeah, that's going to happen.

2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

The people Obama commuted sentences for and/or pardoned were mostly in prison for drug offenses. Right?

I have no idea

Just now, Sneegor said:

I have no idea

So you then admit the total numbers are pretty irrelevant then?

Just now, Sneegor said:

I have no idea

That seems like an important fact. Considering people aren't complaining about the NUMBER of people Trump has p/c. But who and why he is doing it.

• Like 6

Just now, sho nuff said:

So you then admit the total numbers are pretty irrelevant then?

no, total number seems pretty relevant

2 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

no, total number seems pretty relevant

How so?  Who is complaining about the amounts of pardons and what relevance does it have to what is being said in this thread?

3 minutes ago, whoknew said:

That seems like an important fact. Considering people aren't complaining about the NUMBER of people Trump has p/c. But who and why he is doing it.

Obama pardoning a terrorist tops them all, disgusting

13 minutes ago, killface said:

We are about to find out so hold onto your hats...

Deep down I'm not sure Trump cares at all about the presidency or the country.  He cares about himself and i can see him seeing a way to make money off his cult of personality by crying foul for the next decade.  

Given his past he will probably start a charity and then use all the money for himself.

His concession speech will be the announcement of the coming TrumpTV channel, which will continue the fight against the evil media and deep state that cheated him out of winning.

Mark it.

• Like 1

After he sharpies new state lines is there any way he can lose?

3 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

Obama pardoning a terrorist tops them all, disgusting

Assuming you are talking about the same person as Bozeman called a terrorist in the other thread, he did not pardon him.

That person was part of a violent Puerto Rico separatist group and was convicted of the interstate transportation of firearms with the intent to commit violent crimes, and transportation of explosives with intent to kill and injure people and to destroy government buildings and property. And he spent 35 years in prison. At which point, Obama commuted his sentence.

Maybe you disagree and think he should have spent more than 35 years in prison. I would disagree. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Assuming you are talking about the same person as Bozeman called a terrorist in the other thread, he did not pardon him.

That person was part of a violent Puerto Rico separatist group and was convicted of the interstate transportation of firearms with the intent to commit violent crimes, and transportation of explosives with intent to kill and injure people and to destroy government buildings and property. And he spent 35 years in prison. At which point, Obama commuted his sentence.

Maybe you disagree and think he should have spent more than 35 years in prison. I would disagree. 

Details

The world is about the sound bite

Obama equals terrorist

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I've been meaning to add my name for a new liver.

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I've been meaning to add my name for a new liver.

I got you bro.  Quit drinking years ago.  I can live-doner cover a few here.

• Thinking 1

1) He’s not going to lose

2) If the unspeakable were to happen, he will be out of the White House like a rocket.  I am sure he will have some type of media gig already set up. Maybe even something right of Fox.  He will have a soapbox and back to his life of opulence.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beef said:

I got you bro.  Quit drinking years ago.  I can live-doner cover a few here.

How many you got?

42 minutes ago, killface said:

Will no one think of the children? 

I mean the children of all the corrupt politicians and fraudsters.

32 minutes ago, Skoo said:

His concession speech will be the announcement of the coming TrumpTV channel, which will continue the fight against the evil media and deep state that cheated him out of winning.

Mark it.

Seriously, I believe this was his plan B last election. 

I wonder if Trump wouldn't mind losing.  He would still have his fans and could do rallies.  And whenever he wants he can golf, watch Fox News, talk to his friends on the phone and angry tweet.  He isn't getting any younger and parts of the job must get annoying at times.

We won’t have to worry about this, Michael Bloomberg is going to win by such a landslide Trump will have no choice but to leave in shame. 

:lmao:

• Like 1

Hard to imagine him losing and leaving quietly. He’s done everything he can to paint the Democrats and parts of his own government as crooked. He’s painted himself as the only answer for America. I can’t imagine him just admitting defeat and walking away.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

2) If the unspeakable were to happen, he will be out of the White House like a rocket.  I am sure he will have some type of media gig already set up. Maybe even something right of Fox.  He will have a soapbox and back to his life of opulence.  

Golly simple answer would have been Trump supporters would never put supporting the nation’s leader over the Constitution and law enforcement.

Hence, Trump insists he has been robbed of his first term because of all the witch huntery - thus were he to lose he’d be perfectly entitled to stay.

And thus Trump declares himself the nation’s top law enforcement officer, so after all the cops, MP’s and DOJ are required to obey him. No?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

2 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Trump will have no choice 

Odd thing to say. Trump is the nation’s top law enforcement officer. If the election was rigged he’d have to investigate that.

59 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I've actually already asked this question in many threads. I assume the proper entities will call for his removal, and the appropriate authorities will take appropriate action. 

Who are the proper authorities? The Senate?

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Who are the proper authorities? The Senate?

I have to admit to having absolutely no idea.

Bill Maher has been beating that drum almost every week on his show for some time now.

But Mayor Pete had the best response yesterday:

"If that happens, Pete Buttigieg has a plan: He’ll put Trump to work ― doing chores around the White House.

During a town hall in Reno, Nevada, in advance of the state’s Saturday caucuses, the Democratic presidential candidate was asked what he would do if he beat Trump in November and the president insisted the results were a hoax and he refused to step down.

Buttigieg’s initial response: “I guess if he’s willing to do chores, I guess we could work something out.”"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

How many you got?

Mayo clinic says they only need a portion.  Sprinkle some magic beans on it and it will rejuvenate to full size.  

1 hour ago, Sneegor said:

Like what?

If he loses he’ll just cry about it on Twitter and start up some form of news network to sell his crap. 

He will ##### nonstop about the new Prez.

On to the next con job.

1 hour ago, wazoo11 said:

He declared the election was rigged after winning in 2016, so it’s pretty much a certainty for 2020. I don’t think he enjoys the work of being president, so he’d step aside “for the good of the nation” despite being treated unfairly, so unfairly, in the last election.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I have to admit to having absolutely no idea.

That’s the problem with rule of law and constitutions. They are only good if everyone plays along by the rules. Maybe the Secret Service would have to forcibly remove him? Who else could? The SS would at least have to allow for his removal. 

Edited by Ilov80s

19 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

That's not how you spell corpulence!

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

That’s the problem with rule of law and constitutions. They are only good if everyone plays along by the rules.

From my head to your keyboard, that's for sure. I'd really imagine there is a contingency in place from early in our country's history up through the federalization of law enforcement. Probably the FBI or the Secret Service or someone. 

Just now, rockaction said:

From my head to your keyboard, that's for sure. I'd really imagine there is a contingency in place from early in our country's history up through the federalization of law enforcement. Probably the FBI or the Secret Service or someone. 

I edited my post above if the FBI came for him, the SS would have to choose to allow the removal or to defend him. Just an ugly situation which we have to hope doesn’t happen. 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

I edited my post above if the FBI came for him, the SS would have to choose to allow the removal or to defend him. Just an ugly situation which we have to hope doesn’t happen. 

Wow. What's weird is I hadn't seen your post, merely guessed as to who would execute the law. Secret Service likely would have to stand down. 

• Like 1