What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happens if Trump loses in November and refuses to leave the white house? (1 Viewer)

He's lost at things before. The trick is to never admit that you lost. Then everyone thinks you're a winner.
This is a good point.  He never has and never will admit to losing. The chances that he accepts defeat seem to be slim to none.  We're going to be in for quite a ride.

That's just not true and not a good statement to facilitate conversation.  
Its totally true.  sorry you don't agree, but it's true. 

For instance.  One of my favorite all time things was the you tube video with all those B list actors pleading with the electors to NOT vote as their state has decided and to instead vote for anyone but Trump..Cause then the electors would get the respect of those B list actors.

Remember that one?  Does NOT sound like democrats accepting the election results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's a difference between accepting a loss and accepting the idea that man perceived as Trump was by The Left, actually won.

It wasn't "WE DIDN'T LOSE!!".... it was " ####!.....this guy actually won?"
Youre saying the same thing.  You didn't accept the loss.

FWIW electors are built into the process and fortunately or unfortunately the USSC (I think) recently said states can remove faithless electors. So basically electors themselves have been taken out of the equation.

It's kinda funny that this gets brought up considering the democrats NEVER Accepted the loss in 2016.
I don't understand what this means.  Are you saying that Hillary and others believe she actually won the election and that they continue, to this day, to believe that Trump is occupying the White House unlawfully?

I don't understand what this means.  Are you saying that Hillary and others believe she actually won the election and that they continue, to this day, to believe that Trump is occupying the White House unlawfully?
Nope...apparently its the power of B list actors.

So...  Will you explain what you mean in a more comprehensive fashion?

Edit: Per msommer's note below, changed "Can" to "Will".
I did..See my comment about the youtube video.  Try to pay attention OK?  I don't have time to do this.  If you can't understand, maybe just read and let the others do the work?

So...  Will you explain what you mean in a more comprehensive fashion?

Edit: Per msommer's note below, changed "Can" to "Will".
I see that supermike doesn't have time to actually explain what he means so I'll try.

A lot of Trump supporters and sympathizers look at all the anti-Trump sentiment and actions over the last 3.5 years as being motivated by "not accepting the loss."  The Mueller report/Russian investigation was because we didn't accept the loss. The impeachment was for the same reason.   The discussion about whether he should be removed under the 25th Amendment.  None of these things actually have any merit, they're just attempts by Democrats to overturn an election that they can't accept.

I think the whole argument is silly and is clearly a distraction from the conversation we're trying to have here.  We're literally talking about whether Trump will hand over the reins of power and move out of the White House.  Obama did that.  There's no genuine rebuttal here.  And it's not really "overturning an election" if Mike Pence gets to be President.  But my understanding is that's the kind of thing supermike is talking about.

I did..See my comment about the youtube video.  Try to pay attention OK?  I don't have time to do this.  If you can't understand, maybe just read and let the others do the work?
I'm unclear on how a few B-list actors making a video in 2016 is evidence of anyone not accepting a loss in 2020.  I suspect the truth is that you made a throwaway statement that you can't support and would actually prefer that everyone just ignore it.

You've been asked repeatedly to be cooler toward people.

I see that supermike doesn't have time to actually explain what he means so I'll try.

A lot of Trump supporters and sympathizers look at all the anti-Trump sentiment and actions over the last 3.5 years as being motivated by "not accepting the loss."  The Mueller report/Russian investigation was because we didn't accept the loss. The impeachment was for the same reason.   The discussion about whether he should be removed under the 25th Amendment.  None of these things actually have any merit, they're just attempts by Democrats to overturn an election that they can't accept.

I think the whole argument is silly and is clearly a distraction from the conversation we're trying to have here.  We're literally talking about whether Trump will hand over the reins of power and move out of the White House.  Obama did that.  There's no genuine rebuttal here.  And it's not really "overturning an election" if Mike Pence gets to be President.  But my understanding is that's the kind of thing supermike is talking about.
I think you're missing the main point.  Do you not remember the youtube video with the b-list actors?

Users who are viewing this thread