What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best rookie WR Landing Spots (1 Viewer)

IND - ty needs help

PHI - they have none

GB - adams cant do it alone

NE - need wr help regardless of qb.
Jets need WR help badly

Lions will likely be losing Marvin next season and we’ve seen how well Stafford can support a 1-2 punch

Bengals will be needing a marquee weapon for Burrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 2020 but 2021, sorry maybe that wasn’t clear. His contract will be up and it’s very unlikely he comes back. Even if he does, he will be approaching the cliff.
why? 

he is in his prime, coming off his best season yet, and in a great situation locked in as wr2.

he will have to battle a rookie this year, but will likely not be supplanted.

im high on the guy for another few years.

why? 

he is in his prime, coming off his best season yet, and in a great situation locked in as wr2.

he will have to battle a rookie this year, but will likely not be supplanted.

im high on the guy for another few years.
He will be 31 going into the 2021 season. His last 2 seasons have ended early due to injury. I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if the Lions resign Marvin. Maybe this summer they work out a cost effective extension but I would bet the opposite. 

My fav spot where a guy would be top dog is Oakland

new Orleans kind of like GB but QB uncertainty but #2 job is there. 

Buffalo another spot as like Josh Allen trajectory 

nYG will have appeal for a top dog over Shepherd

Since I did one at RB, I'll throw one together for WR:

Arizona=1.? 2. Kirk 3. Fitz, I don't think Kirk has shown any indication he is a future #1, and while I like Isabella, its somewhat distressing he wasn't doing more as a rookie, and fell behiond the liked of Byrd and Cooper. The 8 pick is a great spot to snag a WR, the question is if they'd prefer Jeudy or Lamb. Lamb has the built-in rappaort with Murray, but I'll side with Jeudy's superior athletic profile.

Atlanta=1.Julio 2.Ridley 3. Gage, I think they are set here. Gage seemed to step right into Sanu's role post trade, and held his own.

Baltimore=1.? 2. Hollywood 3. Snead, Boykin has some upside as the #4 as well, but the Ravens have so few needs, I can see them jumping pretty high on a WR in round 1. Brandon Aiyuk is a name that fits well to me, as he's been flying up draft boards the last month or so.

Buffalo=1.? 2. Brown 3. Beasley, another team I can see going WR in round 1, I think this is a good spot for Justin Jefferson. Its higher than I would take him, but he just feels like a guy Buffalo would love. Consistent, does the little things, hard worker, all of that jazz. The M.Thomas comps are silly, but he could be on the Allen/Kupp/Boyd spectrum.

Carolina=1. Moore 2. Samuel 3. Wright, I think they are happy here, and have so many other needs elsewhere. Maybe a day 2 pick is added, and Wright isn't a lock to be back, but WR3 means less to them than most since their RB takes 100+ catches. If they do add a WR, I would think a guy with size would be the way to go, so with that in mind, how about Michael Pittman?

Chicago=1. Robinson 2. Miller 3. Wims, I'm hoping Gabriel's release gives his snaps to Wims who has been just as good the last 2 years and has more upside.

Cincy=1. Boyd 2. Ross 3. Tate, I think AJ Green is almost certainly gone, and Ross and Tate(when healthy) showed enough to think they might be useful contributors.

Cleveland=1. Beckham 2. Landry 3. Ratley, I think a day 2 pick could challenge Ratley, and be insurance if they end up dealing Beckham at some point. Tyler Johnson is a guy I think could be there at 74.

Dallas=1. Cooper 2. Gallup 3. Cobb, I realize Cooper and Cobb are FA's, but Cooper will be a huge priority to keep, and I really don't expect a market for Cobb to be any more than a #3 WR, so why not stay with a HC he's already familiar with and an offense he already knows.I could also see Dallas throwing a day 3 pick on a bigger WR, like Collin Johnson.

Denver=1. Sutton 2.? 3. Hamilton, 2 years in, I think we have established that Hamilton is maxed out as a WR3. With an abundance of cap space, I predict Elway goes big here, and brings in AJ Green. If Lock is the guy, he'll have his chance to prove it with a sneaky great supporting cast.

Detroit=1. Golladay 2. Jones 3. Amendola, I think they are set here. A Golladay extension is likely a priority.

Green Bay=1. Adams 2.? 3. Allison, I think Allison could be brought back as a cheap slot option. I do think the Packers address the #2 WR need in FA rather than the draft, and with that in mind I like them to bring in Breshad Perriman, who has really had a pretty solid last 1.5 years after flaming out in Baltimore. Perriman seems to have figured out his hands, only 1 drop last year, and separation was never a problem. 

Houston=1. Hopkins 2. Fuller 3. Stills, they are very set here. Have a hard time finding snaps for Keke Coutee who would be the #3 on plenty of teams.

Indy=1. ? 2. Hilton 3. Campbell, the Colts seems to RAC over anything else at WR, and need a bigger threat. With that in mind, I'm going to think they would be very interested in Laviska Shenault at 13, especially if that is where Rivers lands.

Jacksonville=1. Chark 2. Westbrook 3. Conley, they are pretty set here after Chark's breakout. 

Kansas City=1. Hill 2. Hardman 3. Robinson, I think Robinson will be pretty cheap to retain as he should be looked at as a product of Mahomes. I think Watkins gets cut as a cap casualty, and more is part on Hardman's plate, with Robinson's role more or less being the same, depending on how quickly Hardman ascends.

Las Vegas=1.? 2.? 3. Williams 4. Renfrow, I think the Chargers had it right with Williams, he's a situational deep threat, with some redzone ability and little more. Renfrow is basically a sub-package guy, and the Raiders have both cap space and 2 1st rounders. I'm buying the Robby Anderson chatter to give Carr another downfield weapon, and I also like Henry Ruggs with 1 of those 1st rounders, completely re-shaping the offense over the last 2 offseasons, you know, other than Carr, who likely enters a make-or-break season.

LA Chargers=1. Allen 2. Williams 3. Patton, I think a day 2 pick can challenge Patton, though they may run far fewer 3-WR sets if they end up going with Tyrod. Denzel Mims makes sense, and could be a long term option if Williams isn't re-signed next year.

LA Rams=1. Kupp 2. Woods 3. Cooks, I almost wonder if Cooks could be a trade candidate(probably not getting his typical 1st round value anymore) but I think they'll give him another year.

Miami=1. Parker 2. Williams 3. Hurns, I think they look to fill other positions. They may have found a gem in Williams as a UDFA, and Parker finally looked the part with Gase gone. Maybe a day-2 pick is added to challenge for the 3rd spot. KJ Hamler would bring something to the table that Parker/Williams don't.

Minnesota= 1. Thielen 2. Diggs 3. Johnson, this seems pretty set to me, unless Diggs is traded, which is unlikely.

New England=1.? 2. Edelman 3. Harry, I think the Patriots are much more likely to draft a WR than sign one. They need a guy who separates, so with that in mind, I like Jalen Reagor for them. I do think Brady comes back, so FA money may be tight.

New Orleans=1. Thomas 2. ? 3. Ginn, Tre'Quan Smith just doesn't seem to be taking that next step, and Ginn is a cheap deep threat, but not a reliable weapon. New Orleans are masters of getting creative with the cap, and it will likely blow them up at some point, but i think they can find a spot for Emmanuel Sanders for a shot at another ring.

NY Giants=1.Slayton 2. Shepard 3. Tate, I was extremely impressed by Slayton last year. I think Shepard compliments him perfectly, and Tate is a solid RAC guy, who likely won't make it much longer, but should be safe for this year.

NY Jets=1.? 2. Crowder 3. Thomas, I thought all things considered Demaryius played pretty solidly last year, and is worth bringing back as a depth piece, as I highly doubt he's getting many offers elsewhere. I think picking 11 sets up perfectly for a guy like CeeDee Lamb. He isn't the deep threat Anderson is, but is better at everything else already. Lack of elite speed is the only thing keeping him from being a top-5 pick in my opinion.

Philly=1.? 2. Jeffery 3. Jackson, I think Jackson will be managed much like he was in Tampa, but his speed is clearly integral to what Pederson wants to do. I like Tee Higgins for them in round 1, as a long term replacement for Jeffery, and potential #1. JJAW is still in the mix, and Greg Ward showed enough to earn snaps. Better health, and this could be a formidable group.

Pittsburgh=1. JuJu 2. Johnson 3. Washington, they are pretty set here.

San Fran= 1. Samuel 2. Hurd 3. Bourne, I think Shanahan had/has high expectation for Hurd, and they use 3-wide far fewer than most teams, as they are really the only team that uses a FB almost full-time. I think Sanders is expendable, especially with big extensions likely coming for Armstead(risky) and Kittle(no-brainer)

Seattle=1. Lockett 2. Metcalf 3. ?, they clearly want another WR(even after adding Greg Olsen) they added Gordon, and sniffed around Antonio Brown. I think they drop a day 2 pick on a guy like KJ Hill, giving them another good RAC weapon.

Tampa Bay=1. Godwin 2. Evans 3. Watson, I think Watson and Miller showed some skill after Godwin and Evans went down and should stick as the #3 and #4.

Tennessee=1. Brown 2.? 3. Davis, its possible Humphries ends up ahead of Davis, who I think stays for now, but is a strong trade deadline or draft day/post draft trade candidate. As for #2, with a #1 on a rookie deal, I think they can go big, and I think Sammy Watkins would fit the bill.

Washington=1. McLaurin 2.? 3. Harmon, their 2 rookie WR's looked promising, I do think Dan Snyder will want to make a big splash, I think they'll kick the tires on AJ Green, but after in career in Cincy, he'll likely want a more stable organization. I'll go somewhat bold here, and say if he does play this year, this is a good spot for Antonio Brown. Rivera has a good reputation for keeping guys in line, and its a low risk/high reward move, that gets people talking, which is something Snyder likes. 

As a Raider fan, I hope that you are completely wrong.   I see it much differently.  The Raiders have their number two in Williams and Renfrow makes a solid slot WR.  The Raiders need a true WR 1 and this should a great landing spot for the WR that they draft in the first round.   The rookie should be the primary target.   

As a Raider fan, I hope that you are completely wrong.   I see it much differently.  The Raiders have their number two in Williams and Renfrow makes a solid slot WR.  The Raiders need a true WR 1 and this should a great landing spot for the WR that they draft in the first round.   The rookie should be the primary target.   
I am in total agreement with you. Was thinking of them in context of luring Brady and was thinking they really got everything but a true #1. Tyrell is a solid enough #2,  Renfrow in slot, Waller at TE,  Jacobs in backfield and strong OL would seem to me to have everything Brady wants except the true #1. And this is all true Brady related or not.

I don't get Giants and to a lesser extent the Saints being mentioned as top spots.

Saints do need a #2 but Thomas is clear cut #1 and they normally are among the league leaders in attempts to TE's and RB's. And frankly, for even Thomas sake, I'm worried about the future QB in general but specifically the threat of Taysom Hill in 2021.

Giants I get even less. They have a young QB in place. That's good. Shepard, Tate, Slayton and Engram with one of the best pass catching RB's sure seems awful to me.

PHI, Arizona and Green Bay are my top spots at the moment. Indy, NE and LV get in that mix but QB situation a little murky right now, if those teams improve that situation those spots could be ideal.

Ariz seems like a top spot, a big rookie 1 with Kirk and Isabella would go a long way, for years. 

Giants I get even less. They have a young QB in place. That's good. Shepard, Tate, Slayton and Engram with one of the best pass catching RB's sure seems awful to me.
Slayton is the only WR in that list I'd want to own. But I can see a top rookie WR leaping to the top there. Not sure if they are really looking to draft one though. If they did I'd call it a good spot. Not great. 

Slayton is the only WR in that list I'd want to own. But I can see a top rookie WR leaping to the top there. Not sure if they are really looking to draft one though. If they did I'd call it a good spot. Not great. 
But this is about opportunity, not who you would want to own. They  just signed Shepard and Tate to fairly significant contracts last offseason. I see zero path for a rookie this year and again they got a premier pass catching TE and RB to boot. In terms of hoping for immediate production this looks like one of the worst spots in the entire league to me.

I don't get Giants and to a lesser extent the Saints being mentioned as top spots.

Saints do need a #2 but Thomas is clear cut #1 and they normally are among the league leaders in attempts to TE's and RB's. And frankly, for even Thomas sake, I'm worried about the future QB in general but specifically the threat of Taysom Hill in 2021.

PHI, Arizona and Green Bay are my top spots at the moment. Indy, NE and LV get in that mix but QB situation a little murky right now, if those teams improve that situation those spots could be ideal.
Philly is the top spot to me.  Good QB.  Good RBs.  No WRs.  

Teams in need of a 1 are Eagles, Jets, Raiders, so those are the best spots imo. Probably would rank those spots by qb quality. Plenty of other teams could use a 2 or 1b. 

But this is about opportunity, not who you would want to own. They  just signed Shepard and Tate to fairly significant contracts last offseason. I see zero path for a rookie this year and again they got a premier pass catching TE and RB to boot. In terms of hoping for immediate production this looks like one of the worst spots in the entire league to me.
I don't see Tate and Shepard as obstacles on the field for the right rookie. But this is probably all pedantic on my part because I don't think the Giants will go that route anyway.

Depends. 

I wouldn't be totally against trading Davis for Dalton (assuming he would sign a cheaper contract extension than Tanny would cost). 
This just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm not a Titans fan (I'm not not a Titans fan either) but as a Henry and Brown owner I would hate to see them move on from Tannehill. They should think the football gods that they found the right chemistry for their team and not overthink it. Dalton? No way. If you're gonna go out and get a vet get Cam. 

As for Davis, very similarly to the fantasy trade market, it's probably impossible to get the right value that the Titans would want to make it worth it, yet no one is willing to pay that much. For getting rid of your still young 1st rounder who has shown legit flashes, but is also now clearly your #2 WR, I would think you would command quite a bit in a trade. But why do it? Unless the offers are clear overpays or unless you really think he is a bust. In which case the rest of the NFL probably knows it, too, and isn't paying what you want. I know I'm talking in circles here but I just don't think they move him anywhere and he and AJ Brown will complement each other well. But in a run first offense. With either Henry under contract and Tannehill on the tag or vice versa. I don't see Tenn as a good spot for rookie WRs this year.

Philly is the obvious top choice for me. There is room for two new fantasy relevant WRs in Philly, whether thru FA, the draft, or the ascension of JJAW/Ward, which nobody seems to be too high on. So possibly *two* good rookies here.

GB - If they nail WR in this draft there is no reason to think Rodgers can't put up elite numbers again. The only thing I think has fallen off with him is a little of his decision making and his WR corps. His arm is still elite and he still has it in my opinion. 

Ravens - I think Brown could really explode this year, but if I were them I'd take one of the top big bodied WRs this year. This could be a sneaky good landing spot.

Buffalo - WR1 and 2 job openings available. Not the best situation per se but good team and Allen showed major improvement year 1 to year 2. 

Raiders - Job openings and Gruden a good match? Do we know what they are doing at QB? It's probably a good spot. If the ghost of Al Davis has any influence I'm sure they'll take a top WR.

Detroit and Houston could use a new quality #2.

my darkhorse for a good spot is Seattle - I think they want and need a more versatile and dangerous third WR that could ascend past Lockett and be a target hog across from Metcalf. Another run first situation, though, but not necessarily forever.

+1 Very surprised this thread was almost 20 posts deep before the Raiders were mentioned. They have a dire need for a #1. Gruden's history suggests the Raiders landing spot might be money.

Cleveland=1. Beckham 2. Landry 3. Ratley, I think a day 2 pick could challenge Ratley, and be insurance if they end up dealing Beckham at some point. Tyler Johnson is a guy I think could be there at 74.
Nothing behind OBJ and Landry but a few glaring needs before WR need addressing but 'outside shot' somebody ranked high falls to the 2nd round especially from this draft class.  I saw one mock that Justin Jefferson available in the 2nd to the Browns.

DJ was asked to place WRs to teams and this is what he came up with.

-------------------------------------------

Jeremiah, Brooks match WR prospects with teams in Reddit AMA

Ahead of the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine, NFL Network draft analysts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks took questions from fans online on Friday. D.J. and Bucky were asked about the upcoming combine, their top prospects and their experiences in scouting. Here are our 11 favorite moments from the Reddit AMA, hosted by the official NFL Reddit account.

8. Jeremiah and Brooks pair wide receivers to teams.

Jeremiah: Let's go Raiders and Jerry Jeudy -- and if they wanted to double up with a third round pick: Antonio Gandy-Golden. Let's go Colts and Henry RuggsBroncos would be one who could grab Justin Jefferson. Buffalo, I would give a bigger WR like Tee Higgins or Laviska Shenault.

Brooks: I think Eagles could go with Brandon Aiyuk or KJ Hamler. The Packers could use a Jalen Raegor type. Laviska Shenault would be a great fit in Baltimore. Michael Pittman Jr. and his physicality would also fit with the Ravens.

I don't see Tate and Shepard as obstacles on the field for the right rookie. But this is probably all pedantic on my part because I don't think the Giants will go that route anyway.
Yea just not how I feel. I think Tate and Shepard both performed exactly as they were paid, they just had injuries. In fact if think if all 3 of their top WR's are healthy, they will both outperform Slayton in PPR fantasy.

The Giants are a sneaky good spot, but with so many holes to fix I don’t see them spending on WR

GB - If they nail WR in this draft there is no reason to think Rodgers can't put up elite numbers again. The only thing I think has fallen off with him is a little of his decision making and his WR corps. His arm is still elite and he still has it in my opinion. 
I have the exact opposite take on this one, personally.  Rodgers is my favorite player in the league so I watch him a lot.  He looked awful this year, physically.  He missed so many easy short throws to open receivers it was maddening.  His mechanics are awful.  He throws everything off his back foot.  That was fine when he was younger and had the best arm talent in the world, but he doesn't anymore and he's had a whole career engraining that habit that he just can't break.

This just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I'm not a Titans fan (I'm not not a Titans fan either) but as a Henry and Brown owner I would hate to see them move on from Tannehill. They should think the football gods that they found the right chemistry for their team and not overthink it. Dalton? No way. If you're gonna go out and get a vet get Cam. 

As for Davis, very similarly to the fantasy trade market, it's probably impossible to get the right value that the Titans would want to make it worth it, yet no one is willing to pay that much. For getting rid of your still young 1st rounder who has shown legit flashes, but is also now clearly your #2 WR, I would think you would command quite a bit in a trade. But why do it? Unless the offers are clear overpays or unless you really think he is a bust. In which case the rest of the NFL probably knows it, too, and isn't paying what you want. I know I'm talking in circles here but I just don't think they move him anywhere and he and AJ Brown will complement each other well. But in a run first offense. With either Henry under contract and Tannehill on the tag or vice versa. I don't see Tenn as a good spot for rookie WRs this year.
8 mil this year for Davis and they have 22 free agents this year with 50mil before CBA announces a different cap total. 

They must add OLB RT QB RB and 3 CBs. The draft can fill some but the money is expected to go to Henry and Tannehill with a 'whats left' scenario. Cut Delanie is another 8 freed up.

Logan Ryan was a top CB many weeks the last two years. At his age, what's he cost? It just snowballs and they need $

I have the exact opposite take on this one, personally.  Rodgers is my favorite player in the league so I watch him a lot.  He looked awful this year, physically.  He missed so many easy short throws to open receivers it was maddening.  His mechanics are awful.  He throws everything off his back foot.  That was fine when he was younger and had the best arm talent in the world, but he doesn't anymore and he's had a whole career engraining that habit that he just can't break.
Fair enough. I have to admit I am biased, too, because I am both a Bears fan and a fantasy owner that has won multiple championships with Packers stacks, including 3rd in the FBG Players Championship this year - sorry had to get that in there with an ear to ear grin I'm still fresh off it!! I have definitely watched Rodgers a lot, too, and I can't stand the Packers. But I've always valued them on my fantasy teams so it's a weird love/hate thing that basically feels dirty. That said my take on him is that he has always been ####ty at the short stuff, in terms of his mechanics as you described as well as his decision making IMO. I still see an elite arm, though, IDK. What he has excelled at in years past are those intermediate throws either on the run or off blitz reads, which I think is the key here. He hasn't had dependable 2nd option guys that know where to be in those situations, and I think a lot of those short throws you are criticizing are actually more like throw aways. I think he hangs on to the ball too long and gets himself in trouble and has always been bad about dumping it off (in a quick manner). 

All that said you could totally be right, this is just what I see, as a guy that kind of loathes Rodgers but respects how good he is. And his work helped get my family to Disneyland last month so there is that.

LA Rams=1. Kupp 2. Woods 3. Cooks, I almost wonder if Cooks could be a trade candidate(probably not getting his typical 1st round value anymore) but I think they'll give him another year. 
How confident are we that the Rams keep the three listed wideouts above?  Plus Reynolds as #4?  With the tight cap numbers in LA and two options at tight end I could see the Rams moving on from one of those three wr's this off-season.

Skill set and fit matter here

Lamb to Arizona: Murray has the arm strength to push the ball deep and the legs to extend plays, Lamb has the ability to make plays down field. Also, Arizona likes quick hitters and Lamb was quite difficult for defenders to bring down in college.  

Jeudy to Oakland: they don't have the QB situation figured out but even if it is Carr, he has proven willing to force feed targets to the top receiver. Gruden also has a long history of the same. Jeudy can get open quickly with great routes and Carr loves to get rid of the ball quickly to open guys 

Reagor to Phily: The offense is desperate for some speed and someone who can get down field, creative OC who might find ways to get Reagor the ball in space as well

Higgins to Detroit: Marvin Jones is IMO in his last year with the Lions due to age and contract. Higgins can step in, hone his craft and then replace all the things Marvin did. Stafford really likes tall receivers on the outside who get down field and that has proven to be a productive fantasy role in recent years. 

Ruggs to New York Jets: I hate to send anyone to Gase but I figure he only has more year and then Ruggs is the top receiver for a hopefully improving young big arm QB on a team really devoid of other receiving options. 

Shenault to Baltimore: Maybe there isn't enough volume here to make it good for fantasy, but I love how his his versatile game could compliment Baltimore. They seem like a team who could find smart ways to get Shenault the ball in easier opportunities for big plays. 

Justin Jefferson to Green Bay: At some point they are going to be able to get Rogers a good 2nd receiving option, right?

How confident are we that the Rams keep the three listed wideouts above?  Plus Reynolds as #4?  With the tight cap numbers in LA and two options at tight end I could see the Rams moving on from one of those three wr's this off-season.
To be honest, I kinda thought the offense was better when Cooks was out last year, and they increased their 2-TE looks. Then Everett got hurt, and they scrapped it when Cooks came back. 

I think Woods is the most valuable WR, because he plays all over the formation, and wins at every level. My personal opinion, is that Woods is secretly a top-10 NFL WR, he just doesn't get the credit, because his numbers aren't as high because of his supporting cast. So I think he is safe. Cooks just signed a big deal, and it'd be a pretty big penalty to get out of it, and I think they like him as a guy to keep Safeties deep. Which leaves Kupp, who is entering the last year of his rookie deal, but has also been the most productive when healthy, though he fell off a ton once Higbee got going, and Higbee wasn't a fluke in my opinion.

Reynolds is also a FA next year. He seems like he's a capable #3, but he's not someone I'd feel the need to make playing time for. I think they have 3 WR's, 2 TE's, and a RB who are better uses of targets.

I guess I think they will keep all 3 WR's, and then likely choose between Cooks and Kupp next offseason, depending on what happens in 2020, and how much Kupp wants to stay. Personally, I think Kupp is a better fantasy WR than NFL WR. He's pretty limited to the slot, and is schemed open quite a bit. He's a solid #2 WR, which is about how I value Cooks as well, but in a completely different way. I do think Kupp is probably a better fit with Goff though.

I don’t understand how people aren’t including Buffalo in this.  All the talk around here is how badly we need a #1 WR and how likely it is we go after one in the 1st. 
And it’s not like Allen can’t support a top fantasy WR.  He made John Brown a good fantasy asset and he’s not that great of a WR.  Imagine if Allen gets a stud he can go to.  
I’m not saying it’s a top destination by any means, just that it should be in the conversation. 

Mr. Peterson said:
I don’t understand how people aren’t including Buffalo in this.  All the talk around here is how badly we need a #1 WR and how likely it is we go after one in the 1st. 
And it’s not like Allen can’t support a top fantasy WR.  He made John Brown a good fantasy asset and he’s not that great of a WR.  Imagine if Allen gets a stud he can go to.  
I’m not saying it’s a top destination by any means, just that it should be in the conversation. 
I like Buffalo as a destination.

Mr. Peterson said:
Buffalo should be thrilled to get any WR who is as good as Brown is. Low key one of the more solid guys at his job in the game. 
I don’t see their QB or gameplan capable of supporting a fantasy stud at WR, especially when they already have a capable WR2 on the roster. At best it feels like a pair of WR2s who are limited by the defense, running game and QB limitations 

trader jake said:
I looked this up the other day actually and not alot of cap relief with this trio based on their current contracts. All my info is from Overthecap.

Woods offers the most relief, he is tradeable so not someone they'd cut and if they did that he'd free up $5.8M.

I believe Kupp qualified for that incentive based pay and it pushed his pay up to $2.144 but that's a bargain and not much cap relief.

Josh Reynold is same as Kupp,I think he qualified for that incentive base pay and his salary is the same. They like him but I could see them moving him to free up that money but it's not sizeable or the main 3 you were referencing.

Cooks seems like the one they'd want to get rid of the most but he's the one that would actually make their cap situation worse. He's nail them for a whopping $29.8 dead money and negative $13M cap hit if they cut him. If they found someone willing to trade for him the dead money those numbers drop about $12M but still they'd actually lose $1M in cap space for 2020.

Buffalo should be thrilled to get any WR who is as good as Brown is. Low key one of the more solid guys at his job in the game. 
I don’t see their QB or gameplan capable of supporting a fantasy stud at WR, especially when they already have a capable WR2 on the roster. At best it feels like a pair of WR2s who are limited by the defense, running game and QB limitations 
I like Brown.  I really do.  But all you have to do is watch the end of the Ravens game to understand that he is nothing more than a very nice number 2.

Allen needs someone he can trust to throw it to when the game is on the line.  Brown couldn’t do it.  Hopefully the guy we draft can be.  And if Allen has that trust then the sky is the limit for that WR.   

Users who are viewing this thread