Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockaction

You Can't Be Kidding Me With Sanders

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

The large majority of young people that are into politics enough to get their butt up off the couch and to the booth on election day understand they will be paying more in taxes to make up for the POS price. They don't care.

With a large increase in absentee ballot voting they don’t have to get off the couch. 
 

The idea that sanders will tank the economy to give a bunch of stuff away is overblown. I guess maybe since the president seems to now have the “absolute right” to do just about anything he wants, I suppose he could do it all with executive orders and tell the justice department to open up investigations into the Trump Org and Trump family, but I doubt sanders would do any of that even though he apparently can if he wants to (according to trump.) 

Let’s face it though- If Bernie could roll out a perfect plan for Medicare for all that somehow makes the country trillions a Republican senate would vote it down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie seems to be a bridge too far even for the DNC. But it will be interesting to see what happens on Super Tuesday..

Edited by Phil Elliott
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Phil Elliott said:

Bernie seems to be a bridge too far even for the DNC. But it will be interesting to see what happens on Super Tuesday..

Many will say they just want to have someone can win - I tend to think they fear losing their power.  Tomato, tomahto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I wonder what all this free stuff is going to cost me.  I wonder if I will be on the plus side or the negative side of the ledger. 

Nothing.  It will cost you nothing, because none of it will get implemented.  Because the R’s will still control part of Congress, and Bernie can’t install socialist policies without Congress.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Capella said:

His popularity with that crowd is staggering. Every college campus in the fall is going to be overrun with students ready to get out for him. I’m hopeful. 

The young voters never turn out, but hopefully the promise of free college will do the trick.  I'm more worried about the black vote. They didn't give Hillary the support she needed, and she carried hot sauce with her everywhere she went.  Bernie better select Michelle Obama as a running mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Nothing.  It will cost you nothing, because none of it will get implemented.  Because the R’s will still control part of Congress, and Bernie can’t install socialist policies without Congress.

So your saying free college will be a bogus campaign promise like the wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Nothing.  It will cost you nothing, because none of it will get implemented.  Because the R’s will still control part of Congress, and Bernie can’t install socialist policies without Congress.

And this is actually what I am most worried about with a Bernie presidency, that his policies are so extreme that they won't get passed and then nothing will get done. I don't really see him as someone known for compromise. He has the M4A bill written up right now as a sitting senator. How much support is it getting, even from his Democratic colleagues? So let's say he makes a run at it from the bully pulpit of the White House, also assuming the Democrats take narrow control of the Senate and get rid of the filibuster, and it still won't pass? Does he go back and work on a new plan that is more like Pete's or Joe's with a public option and has a better chance to be adopted by Congress? I don't know what he does in that situation to be honest. And after a failed run at overhauling healthcare, can you really come back with a new (less nuclear) plan and ask for a mulligan? Would he even want to? What if Congress themselves come up with their own plan that looks like Pete's or Joe's; does he sign it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Punxsutawney Phil said:

The young voters never turn out, but hopefully the promise of free college will do the trick. 

“Free college for some, legal weed for all” seems like the perfect plan to get out the young vote.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, squistion said:

I have been saying since 2015 in these forums, that this country will never elect an avowed Socialist. Maybe in the future, but not in 2020.

If the Democrats select him as their nominee, it is over and Trump is reelected.

So your saying Trump's got your vote. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Capella said:

I don’t think people realize how heavy is he going to get the young crowd to turn out. 

I remember the first time I voted for President--that George McGovern really knew how to energize us young voters.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lazyike said:

Obviously not the Democrat I want to vote for but if it’s gotta be Sanders I’ll check the box for him. 4 more years of Trump garbage is highly likely, but it won’t be because of me. 

What Trump garbage would that be? i mean, if you never heard him speak, just looked at the results and had no idea what party he was in, Trump would win election with 90+ % of the votes.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, apalmer said:

I remember the first time I voted for President--that George McGovern really knew how to energize us young voters.

Oh yea that’s definitely relevant to now. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, squistion said:

I have been saying since 2015 in these forums, that this country will never elect an avowed Socialist. Maybe in the future, but not in 2020.

If the Democrats select him as their nominee, it is over and Trump is reelected.

I am been waiting for a long time to agree with you. :)

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I see it's time for the board's monthly reminder that women's views on abortion are about the same as men's.

And I’m pretty sure you posted this for him before, pretty recently in fact in another thread. And furthermore,  Catholics were pretty much split in 2016. Bernie essentially telling Pro-lifers they weren’t welcome in the Dem big tent won’t help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The General said:

It’s going to be WWF. They may actually fight during one of the debates.

The optics of Bernie in a debate hunched over bright red faced and shouting like every old neighbor who yelled at you for walking a 100ft from his yard when you were a kid should worry Democrats.

Bloomberg called him a communist last debate and Bernie looked like he was gonna cry. What do you think is going to happen with Trump?  Not trying to sound unexcellent here but the guy just had a heart attack 4 months ago, I would honestly be concerned about him having another. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rockaction said:

You're not making me vote for Trump, are you?

Are you ####### serious? This guy is left of Mother Jones.

No, he hasn't been vetted. In the least. Wait for that. Good luck in the general.

SIncerely,

RA

:hifive:

jump on in amigo, the water is warm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HellToupee said:

:hifive:

jump on in amigo, the water is warm

####in' Sanders? Are you kidding me?  This guy just stepped out of the Burlington ski and tennis club to praise Castro again, it seems.

Edited by rockaction
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting to see the talk of electing Bernie and then essentially putting him in a timeout for 4 years.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lod001 said:

So your saying Trump's got your vote. :thumbup:

Always room on the TRUMPTRAIN 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max Power said:

Very interesting to see the talk of electing Bernie and then essentially putting him in a timeout for 4 years.  

RESIST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

RESIST

At this rate, I think there is more appeal to elect Larry David and have him play Bernie for 4 years.  There might be some entertainment value in that.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Sanders is doing exactly what Trump did in 2016. He's using his enthusiastic voting block (of roughly 35% of the party) to beat a divided field. And the rest of the field is too stubborn and too egotistical to drop out.

The difference in 2016 is that Republicans are dutiful party-line voters, so the vast majority of them held their noses and voted for Trump in the general election. The same can't be said for Democrats -- the Bernie Bros stayed home in 2016, and their right-leaning counterparts are going to stay home in 2020.

You'd think that Democrats would have learned their lesson after the debacle of 2016, but.....nope.

Based on links from other posters previously, Bernie Bros didn't stay at home.  In fact, they came out stronger for Hillary than Hillary Hose did for Obama.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Oh yea that’s definitely relevant to now. 

I think you might have missed the :sarcasm:in that forty-nine or so state loss of an election.

McGovern for president. Ahhh, yes. I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

So your saying free college will be a bogus campaign promise like the wall?

I believe that Bernie wants to do all this stuff, but he will be blocked from it by Congress.

Trump, in contrast, never intended to build a wall or have Mexico pay for it. He’s not being blocked from doing it........it was all a giant lie, like most of what he campaigned on.  Except for the racism and authoritarian tendencies - that was all real.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Bernie going to do if elected? I can't see any of his plans getting through Congress as they are too liberal, Congress is too conservative and nobody in Congress likes Bernie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The optics of Bernie in a debate hunched over bright red faced and shouting like every old neighbor who yelled at you for walking a 100ft from his yard when you were a kid should worry Democrats.

Bloomberg called him a communist last debate and Bernie looked like he was gonna cry. What do you think is going to happen with Trump?  Not trying to sound unexcellent here but the guy just had a heart attack 4 months ago, I would honestly be concerned about him having another. 

I think his running mate will be a very important decision. Don’t see him making it 4 -5 more years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

You want to get women to vote for Sanders just remind them that overturning Roe v. Wade is a possibility. 

This is why I do scratch my head that people say the black vote would not vote for bernie.  There is no way they don’t. And if they don’t turn out then #### about trump.

The problem with Biden is the same problem I noted with Hillary. All of the states they beat bernie in are the states that will vote red in the general Regardless of democratic candidate so it really does not matter what South Carolina does in the D primary.  It’s a lost state in the general. It was so clear with Hillary, every state she dominated bernie in I knew she was going to lose in the general. The states where it was close were blue states or toss ups.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

I think his running mate will be a very important decision. Don’t see him making it 4 -5 more years. 

I think it Buttigieg gets the nomination he should tap Warren. If it is bernie he should tap Klobachar.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The optics of Bernie in a debate hunched over bright red faced and shouting like every old neighbor who yelled at you for walking a 100ft from his yard when you were a kid should worry Democrats.

Bloomberg called him a communist last debate and Bernie looked like he was gonna cry. What do you think is going to happen with Trump?  Not trying to sound unexcellent here but the guy just had a heart attack 4 months ago, I would honestly be concerned about him having another. 

Yeah but instead of yelling at you in a malicious manner such as this, he's yelling that everybody should he able to go get themselves treatment or medication, or go get a chest pain that shows up one random day just like he did checked out. Similarly terrifying for you that everybody be allowed to be in good health I'm sure.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I see it's time for the board's monthly reminder that women's views on abortion are about the same as men's.

This is to address the comments about housewives not voting for Bernie because if M4A and 54% women voted D last time vs. about the same % of men for Trump.  Also, men don’t get abortions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bagger said:

I think it Buttigieg gets the nomination he should tap Warren. If it is bernie he should tap Klobachar.

i wouldnt tap either of em - even to be President

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

i wouldnt tap either of em - even to be President

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

What is Bernie going to do if elected? I can't see any of his plans getting through Congress as they are too liberal, Congress is too conservative and nobody in Congress likes Bernie. 

The people will decide if they want new congressmen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Widbil83 said:

The optics of Bernie in a debate hunched over bright red faced and shouting like every old neighbor who yelled at you for walking a 100ft from his yard when you were a kid should worry Democrats.

Bloomberg called him a communist last debate and Bernie looked like he was gonna cry. What do you think is going to happen with Trump?  Not trying to sound unexcellent here but the guy just had a heart attack 4 months ago, I would honestly be concerned about him having another. 

Bernie's not my first choice and as someone whose number 1 goal is to get rid of Trump I think it's a huge risk.

However, I think he will do really well against Trump in a debate. People have focused so much on these Dem debates and how they have been a disaster I think a huge factor is because they are people who are basically on the same side of the many issues throwing haymakers at each other. 

You put Bernie up there calling out Trump on his lies, getting all fired up for the people who can't stand the guy, it will be a whole different dynamic. I love angry Bernie doing his Larry David impersonation when he's freaking out about Trump being a "pathological liar" and all his other rants. 

Also haven't seen Trump on a debate stage in awhile. His Q&A's where he talks in front of a helicopter on the WH lawn also seem to turn into rambling disasters and that's with him controlling everything.

It's going to be pay per view level entertainment for political nerds that's for sure - If Trump doesn't chicken out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NREC34 said:

I think his running mate will be a very important decision. Don’t see him making it 4 -5 more years. 

I was more referring to the actual debate, but yes I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Very interesting to see the talk of electing Bernie and then essentially putting him in a timeout for 4 years.  

“Vote for Sanders because won’t get any of his crazy ideas passed.”

  • Like 5
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie would do fine against Trump in a debate, if for no other reason than he’s an order of magnitude smarter.  And while that doesn’t guarantee good debate skills, he’ll know how to push a Trump’s buttons.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah but instead of yelling at you in a malicious manner such as this, he's yelling that everybody should he able to go get themselves treatment or medication, or go get a chest pain that shows up one random day just like he did checked out. Similarly terrifying for you that everybody be allowed to be in good health I'm sure.

I’m sure. If Bernie pulls his belligerent yelling act with President Trump he will get smacked down real quick (politically speaking of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capella said:

Oh yea that’s definitely relevant to now. 

A fun fact about McGovern is that he had strong support from the kind of voters who make up the core of the Democratic party today - his coalition in ‘72 looked strikingly similar to Obama’s in ‘08. The electorate has changed dramatically.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

What is Bernie going to do if elected? I can't see any of his plans getting through Congress as they are too liberal, Congress is too conservative and nobody in Congress likes Bernie. 

He'll probably do nothing. And I'm fine with that. 2 reasons:

1. For me personally on a more macro scale, I like to know that as a nation, we're open minded enough to try something new if a current system is not working. We're not locked in some permanent state of late stage capitalism that sucks for 90+% of average people. Even if he gets nothing done, it's going to be held back by those in Congress, not actual voters, which leads to

2. It's been said before. The millennials are coming and the coming decades will see dramatic change to the foundations of how the country is run. It's an inevitability at this point. A president largely representing the millennials for the first time such as Sanders himself may not get much done, but many more presidents in his mold are coming. The old guard in Congress can get block him for now at their own career peril. As the young vote grows as boomers die off, they'll be voted out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The General said:

Bernie's not my first choice and as someone whose number 1 goal is to get rid of Trump I think it's a huge risk.

However, I think he will do really well against Trump in a debate. People have focused so much on these Dem debates and how they have been a disaster I think a huge factor is because they are people who are basically on the same side of the many issues throwing haymakers at each other. 

You put Bernie up there calling out Trump on his lies, getting all fired up for the people who can't stand the guy, it will be a whole different dynamic. I love angry Bernie doing his Larry David impersonation when he's freaking out about Trump being a "pathological liar" and all his other rants. 

Also haven't seen Trump on a debate stage in awhile. His Q&A's where he talks in front of a helicopter on the WH lawn also seem to turn into rambling disasters and that's with him controlling everything.

It's going to be pay per view level entertainment for political nerds that's for sure - If Trump doesn't chicken out.

Yes I’m hoping President Trump gets a little more battle tested before a debate with Bernie. If only the media would run some tough stories on him to see how he would react.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***OFFICIAL*** Boogeyman Bernie thread?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Yes I’m hoping President Trump gets a little more battle tested before a debate with Bernie. If only the media would run some tough stories on him to see how he would react.

One way Twitter melt downs and picking and choosing questions on the WH lawn where there’s no back and forth aren’t really debates.

We’ll see how many he agrees to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think you might have missed the :sarcasm:in that forty-nine or so state loss of an election.

McGovern for president. Ahhh, yes. I see it. 

Seems like you missed it too

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, timschochet said:

All of my daughter’s friends are supporting Bernie. 

You’ll notice I wrote “supporting” and not “voting for” because who knows where they’ll be on election night? There might be a party, or a test the next day. Now if it was The Bachelor...

But I guess we can say with confidence that if push comes to shove, Bernie will lock down the Chapman University sorority vote. (Just in case California’s in play.) 

My under 30 children love Bernie, but none of them are even registered to vote, but they all have Bernie bumper stickers if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

My under 30 children love Bernie, but none of them are even registered to vote, but they all have Bernie bumper stickers if that helps.

They need to get on the old people train and get one of them there absentee ballots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been saying the Republican party is over, maybe the Democratic party will die first?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 8:36 PM, rockaction said:

You're not making me vote for Trump, are you?

Are you ####### serious? This guy is left of Mother Jones.

No, he hasn't been vetted. In the least. Wait for that. Good luck in the general.

SIncerely,

RA

Honestly, I'm thinking of reporting you to the mods for the impenetrable grammar in your thread title. I can't not be not misunderstanding it.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.