What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (2 Viewers)

So Corey pavin has a kid in my girls field hockey team.  Is there any funny schtick I can use if he ever comes for a game?

Good God, what has happened to Spieth?
He was never a guy that could overpower a course.  Always seemed to run hot or cold and had mental issues with short putts even when he was winning.  I always thought he'd be the one guy who go "Duval" in this generation of all the top golfers.  Not surprised really.

Lucky guy distillery is long time ffa legend melvintscupper, who in Fbg fashion had dinner with Patrick reed last night. I was extremely hydrated with vodka when posting last night 
I understood it but I kept thinking there was a video or something. 

I love Reed on a tough ### course like this. I mean love him. He's not the melt down type of guy. Bryson is. Just my opinion. 
Agreed he’s got that grit. I just think of him as a guy who can only move it one way...right to left...which isn’t a good fit here, but he has been playing a fade some this week.

I love Reed on a tough ### course like this. I mean love him. He's not the melt down type of guy. Bryson is. Just my opinion. 
Saw a tweet this morning about how winners of the last 20 years or so hit at least 40% of the fairways and how Reed was 9 of 29.  That must've included one (or two?) today, with the odd number, so not sure where he is now.  As I type, just missed another one.

The other interesting tweet I saw was that beefcake was almost 9 yards ahead of 2nd place in driving distance, on average.  Nuts.

When I watch Reed on the green all I can think of is Jackie Gleason, "and away we go" as he tap dances on his playing partners lines around the hole. I liked him when he first came on the tour but now he is repulsive. He makes Bryson bearable.

Yikes.  So who the hell is this guy leading?
PGA Championship: In his first career major championship appearance, shot a final-round 65 to finish T4 at the PGA Championship. Led the field in Greens in Regulation Percentage (77.78%). As one of the top three players, not otherwise exempt, in the top 10 and ties, earned a 2020 U.S. Open exemption.

PGA Championship: In his first career major championship appearance, shot a final-round 65 to finish T4 at the PGA Championship. Led the field in Greens in Regulation Percentage (77.78%). As one of the top three players, not otherwise exempt, in the top 10 and ties, earned a 2020 U.S. Open exemption.
Wait. He got his card, then got his spot here at the pga?   Well that will never happen again lol.  

Wait. He got his card, then got his spot here at the pga?   Well that will never happen again lol.  
He actually got his card in 2019 and won 2019 3M open. 

But he wasn't qualified for this open until the PGA Championship 

2019 Season

Turned professional in June and by July, earned first career PGA TOUR victory at the inaugural 3M Open. Playing on sponsor exemptions, needed just four starts for first victory, earning his PGA TOUR card at age 20. By winning, became eligible for the FedExCup Playoffs and subsequently qualified as a 2018-19 PGA TOUR Rookie. Ended the season at No. 74 in the FedExCup standings. Of eight starts (seven professional), missed just one cut, and totaled 17 rounds in the 60s.

Well actually all 3 guys turned pro and had 7-9 tournaments to earn enough money in 2019 to earn their card or got to qualifying school.

Morikawa and Wolff won and made enough to get their full-time cards in 2020.  Hovland just missed and had to go to finals of "Q" where he qualified for full time status and also won. They all earned their spots. Morikawa won the PGA in his first Major ever.   This is the US Open

I like this Wolff dude. He swings about like I do and seems pretty laid back.

He’s probably pounding beers right now and will shoot 66 tomorrow.

Well actually all 3 guys turned pro and had 7-9 tournaments to earn enough money in 2019 to earn their card or got to qualifying school.

Morikawa and Wolff won and made enough to get their full-time cards in 2020.  Hovland just missed and had to go to finals of "Q" where he qualified for full time status and also won. They all earned their spots. Morikawa won the PGA in his first Major ever.   This is the US Open
To add.  Hovland won 2018 US Amateur and turned pro right after 2019 US Open    They also changed rule in 2019 that if you win the US Amateur you don't have to stay an Amateur to keep your exemption in the US Open. Meaning if you turn pro anytime after you win the US Amateur, you still keep your exemption into the US Open the following year.  You had to stay Amateur prior to that..

As for Wolff

Matthew Wolff joins Tiger, Ben Crenshaw as only golfers to win NCAA and PGA Tour titles in same year

I like this Wolff dude. He swings about like I do and seems pretty laid back.

He’s probably pounding beers right now and will shoot 66 tomorrow.
Did I see a stat that says he's hit the fewest fairways of anyone that made the cut?  I'm hyped for Sunday.  Not sure how I'll manage nfl and this at the same time.    

Users who are viewing this thread