What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (1 Viewer)

belljr said:
Oh. For me it's been a combination of how he's handled volunteers, officials and his slow play.

The topper for me was his ####ty handshake in 2018 when he collapsed and the other guy won

It wasn't just last year.  At the memorial this year he berated an official for(correctly) calling his ball out of bounds.  I think it was a few weeks later when he screamed at a cameraman for continuing to film him while he flipped out after a bad sand shot.  Literally yelled at the guy for over a minute because he was "damaging his brand" by filming his tantrum.

Bryson is a d-bag.  Zero questions about it.  He also happens to be really good at golf, so if we want to watch the PGA for the next decade or so we'll just have to deal with it.
Yes

The slow play takes the cake for me. Hate it 

General Malaise said:
Bryson has a girlfriend who owns a swimwear line.   Not just an ordinary swimwear line either.  Nope, this is what she calls a "Large Cup" swimwear line.  I'll just say this because we aren't allowed to talk about these sorts of things anymore - it is GOOD to be Bryson DeChambeau.  Even if he is a real knob.
Sophia Phalen Bertolami

She previously dated a couple of baseball players.  She's working on a nursing degree (following her mom's career path).

I thought Daly was known as a pretty nice guy, self-destructive but liked by pretty much everyone.
He was.  He also would've been one of the greatest of all time if he put the work in that BDC does.  Daly had more natural talent than Bryson IMO, but I don't think there's anyone on tour that works harder than Bryson.  He works harder than anyone maybe ever, outside of prime Tiger.

Ok the Daly comparison was bad.  Sue me.  Having a bad guy on the tour again isn't the worst thing.  

Feel like the tour now has the best combination of talent and personalities and stories than I can remember in the last 10 years.  And seeing Spieth going full Duvall is just gravy at this point.

To me, I find the current landscape of golf far more interesting than it was when Tiger dominated everything.  I've watched more golf the last 2-3 years than I have the last 20 years combined.  I find the young guns fascinating.  Wolff, Morikawa, Xander, Cantlay, Niemann, Scheffler....and then for 2 weeks DJ comes along and reminds us all how terrific he is at golf.  And shoot, we didn't even get one of the best golfers in the world out there last week because Koepka has a busted wheel.  

And I'd rather have dinner with Bryson any day of the week and twice on Sunday than I would Patrick Reed.  I think Reed is a troll.  Bryson is just.....different.  He can be boorish and I don't like his slow play, but he's not nearly as unlikeable to me as Patrick Reed is.

To me, I find the current landscape of golf far more interesting than it was when Tiger dominated everything.  I've watched more golf the last 2-3 years than I have the last 20 years combined.  I find the young guns fascinating.  Wolff, Morikawa, Xander, Cantlay, Niemann, Scheffler....and then for 2 weeks DJ comes along and reminds us all how terrific he is at golf.  And shoot, we didn't even get one of the best golfers in the world out there last week because Koepka has a busted wheel.  

And I'd rather have dinner with Bryson any day of the week and twice on Sunday than I would Patrick Reed.  I think Reed is a troll.  Bryson is just.....different.  He can be boorish and I don't like his slow play, but he's not nearly as unlikeable to me as Patrick Reed is.
How dare you leave my boy Hovland off that list!!!

All of this is 💯

How dare you leave my boy Hovland off that list!!!
See!  There are so many young studs right now it's easy to forget some of them!  Yeah, Hovland has been great and I think he's going to be name to follow.  How about Sungjae Im?   He doesn't even have a home, just stays in hotels and plays in every tournament.  

It's gotten to the point where on Saturday - a day I would have spent watching college football morning to night - I was consumed with golf and didn't watch a second of the college games.

Yeah maybe I'm a little biased but all these lists need Abraham Ancer on them, how many other players have caddies that are smoking cig's as they walk down the fairway? :lmao:

Yeah maybe I'm a little biased but all these lists need Abraham Ancer on them, how many other players have caddies that are smoking cig's as they walk down the fairway? :lmao:
Got some of him to win the Masters.  Really like his game.

Yeah, there's another one!  And John Rahm is only 25.  Goodness, this sport is stacked with talent. 

So the Masters has no fans.  Anyone get a broker ticket or know anyone and how they handled all that mess?

I assume the members can walk the course.  Going to be really really strange.  Even having been thru all this for 2-3 months it's still going to be something else.

@GolfDigest: Moooving day brought out all the fans at the Irish Open. 🐄https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/1309863445668466688/video/1

Yeah, I will say the slow play sucks.  I sort of see him like a cockier (less drunk?) John Daly.  
Aside from being able to hit the ball a long distance, Dechambeau has nothing at all in common with John Daly.  I mean really nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
@edsbs: The one really cool thing about golf is that everyone shares the special bond of hating Patrick Reed

I put $10 on Ortiz yesterday at 50-1. He started the day tied for the lead with Reed. He is almost to the 4th green and has hit 5 bunkers- every drive has found a fairway bunker and now 2 greenside bunkers! Fortunately he's only dropped 1 stroke so far.

I put $10 on Ortiz yesterday at 50-1. He started the day tied for the lead with Reed. He is almost to the 4th green and has hit 5 bunkers- every drive has found a fairway bunker and now 2 greenside bunkers! Fortunately he's only dropped 1 stroke so far.
This 12th hole is beating ortiz up. 

Man Hovland cost himself $400+K or so with that missed one footer on 17.  2nd alone vs an army tied for 2nd is a huge difference.

The tv crew corrected and said it was actually a 2 footer, basically he lipped out his birdie putt and then didn’t pay much mind to his par putt. The wheels fell off hard for Hovland, it’s like he was following my usually script when i play :wall:  

Hovland was my pick of the 3 rooks to have the best career.  He still shot -1 on the day even though he fell apart.  He'll get it together - he needs to work on his short game.   

JT has been on fire today after starting with a double. Jordan has been playing well today, man the kids short game is insane.

CGRdrJoe said:
JT has been on fire today after starting with a double. Jordan has been playing well today, man the kids short game is insane.
On cue, Spieth loses a wedge right from 125 and bogeys.  He has a big mental hump to get over still.

Apologies if this has been discussed but any new news on attendance at events this year?  I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday of the PGA championship this year in SC but can’t imagine it will be full capacity in May.  That said I’m not seeing any news when I google it.  Anyone hear anything?

Apologies if this has been discussed but any new news on attendance at events this year?  I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday of the PGA championship this year in SC but can’t imagine it will be full capacity in May.  That said I’m not seeing any news when I google it.  Anyone hear anything?
I think it's event by event basis. This week has 2500

The wife and I have tickets to this as well, and are still trying to figure out if our tickets are even good.

Users who are viewing this thread